It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't care if Russia was involved.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I agree. To me it really seems like a bunch of Saving Face. If a news source loses 100% credibility on an issue that they should probably, you know, have credibility on they have to save face. But not only did they lose their credibility their statistical indicators lost credibility (polls). Polls are how they reflect their version of a national opinion.
got to be a boogeyman somewhere

This isn't even going into reasons why the Democrat Party find this narrative useful to save face.
edit on 31-5-2017 by RogueWaterC1 because: Spelling

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

What if instead of trying to fight these two nations nations we invested in this Global infrastructure Bank?
Would that hurt the petro dollar?
I feel like it would help it bc investing in global infrastructure would definitely pull circulation and help keep inflation low.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not convinced of anything to do with Russia and think it's just a psyop to keep Americans preoccupied with bull#.

What I am convinced of though is that Trump supporters are starting to change their tune on the whole Russia thing. First they denied it like their life depended on it and it was the worst thing in the world, now that all these things are lining up they are saying they don't care if Russia influenced the election.

Why the sudden change in attitude? The only thing I can think of is doubts are starting to form in Trump supporters' minds about whether Russia actually did help Trump win.

But then again I think the whole narrative is bull# in itself, just something to keep people arguing back and forth over and creating enemies through.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

So tell me, how does what Obama did excuse what Trump is doing now?

I get so sick of the deflections to Obama or Hillary, that # got old a few days after Trump took office.

Obama inherited the worst financial recession since the great depression through Bush and his administration. But if you brought that up while Obama was in office you'd hear things like "Bush isn't in office anymore, he doesn't matter", now that the shoe is on the other foot you guys don't see any problem bringing up past presidents.

Hypocrites.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

This vid has some really good info about the dying Russian narrative .

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I didn't change my attitude. I thought it was BS when they first started to speak about it with no proof, and I still think it's BS that it's gone this far, and still no proof. And they are expanding the probe to desperately find anything that might make the waste of time not seem like the massive cluster# that it is.

It's not a smart play to see one person show an attitude and ASSume everyone else thinks the same.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I get so sick of the deflections to Obama or Hillary, that # got old a few days after Trump took office.

Obama inherited the worst financial recession since the great depression through Bush and his administration. But if you brought that up while Obama was in office you'd hear things like "Bush isn't in office anymore, he doesn't matter", now that the shoe is on the other foot you guys don't see any problem bringing up past presidents.

Hypocrites.

Not that I think bringing up Obama to justify anything about Trump is fair, Obama did spend an inordinate amount of time blaming Bush for every damn thing that wasn't positive. I can link to quite a few things that back that up if you need.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And what do you think Trump and his supporters are doing? Spending an inordinate amount of time blaming Obama or Hillary.

If you didn't like it before then why do you like it now? This isn't directed at you in particular.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I never changed my stance on the Russian conspiracy. I just tend to let the leftists on the site have their echo chamber, so they feel empowered or whatever it is they're looking for. I'm just quietly sitting back and still waiting on the proof I asked some poster many months ago for. That didn't stop the fact that they still haven't produced anything and still participate in the echo chamber type threads with all this Russia conspiracy crap. So I guess I'll ask you. Do you have any of this proof of collusion with Russia that will lead to Trumps impeachment? If so, could you please share a link so I can see why everyone has their panties in a bunch?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

that doesn't explain what the Russians did to make the EC votes go to trump.

Thanks to the EC they knew which areas to target with the most Pro Trump Anti Hillary propaganda.

I stayed up and watched the election happen live, and couldn't see any Russians at all.

You have the superpower to tell a persons nationality just by looking at them? I forgot about the "made in buttons" everyone has to wear when visiting a foreign country. Like my "Made in the USA" button I wear when I go to Mexico.

And I voted for Trump without any Russian poking or prodding.

How do you know? Thanks to today's technology you could be programmed subliminally and never know it.
edit on 7780000003731America/ChicagoWed, 31 May 2017 12:41:37 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hypocrites.

Not that I think bringing up Obama to justify anything about Trump is fair, Obama did spend an inordinate amount of time blaming Bush for every damn thing that wasn't positive. I can link to quite a few things that back that up if you need.

Every President does that it's tradition. The only President that didn't do it was George Washington.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Only the left still cares about this narrative.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Obama was in contact with Iran prior to his election

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You don't care that an adversarial country set us up with a President beholden to them, at least at some level? You don't care that they invaded us electronically and used a propaganda war to skew our election results? You don't care that the candidate who won might have had people in his campaign meeting with Russians/Russian spies?

Perhaps you would care if you did not like the President?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That is judged by actions. Do you think Congress is stupid enough to let a foreign agent sit in the WH? Do you think you are smarter than Congress?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Mueller just got started as the Special Prosecutor.

At this point, there is plenty of smoke and what appears to be some fire as well (i.e. Ommiting contacts with Russians on security clearance forms, which is a crime, Flynn being a foreign agent of Turkey who was being paid by Russia with Turkey as a proxy, Trump trying to get a loyalty statement from Comey, stuff like that.)

An investigation is not a prosecution. It is an act of discovery and inquiry to see if anything is prosecutable. Counter-espionage is only one aspect of the investigation.

The other part has to do with possible criminal money laundering on behalf of Russian oligarchs, which is illegal and criminal. This is the kind of thing mobsters and corrupt elites do, which is a crime.

Russian oligarchs and Putin himself as well as his cabinet/allies use Russia as a piggy bank, stealing billions from the economy and laundering it through shell companies and shady banks, as well as through shady people and businesses.

This is a massively complex web, and it will take a while to untangle it enough to see exactly what Trump and his campaign/transition people may have done to warrant such scrutiny.

If they are not involved and innocent, then they can throw it in the Left's face. If they are guilty, they need to be indicted and impeached/prosecuted.

Partisanship is playing a part on both sides, just like it did with Benghazi.

I hope people get the gravity of the potential charges involved in all of this, because if you don't and they are true, one dire outcome is that America will become more and more like Russia. America would die an ignoble death.

My two cents.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
As a Brit ignorant to some of these aspects of US, please could someone elxplain what laws Trump is alleged to have broken in alleged attempts to set up private-comms with Russia - Is it down to transparency? Potentials risks to himself and national security (novices going against Dugin is obviously goiing to seriously damage the US). Another law or do such laws not exist?

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Another law or do such laws not exist?

In short, all I've read is mentioning the Logan Act

Precedents have been set to the contrary by many incoming administrations; it is the "incoming administration" part that is really the gray area.

Both Clapper and Kelly have agreed on this point.

If communication is an attempt to undermine the current polices of the current administration.

What I can discern is that the Russians suggested the communication line and the line was never established.

The knee-jerk response to report this with a certain slant is the real problem.

mg

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I didn`t see any Russians at my polling place trying to tell people how to vote.

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Good point

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join