It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundbreaking: Elon Musk Reveals More On LA Underground Tunnel Plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am not sure if this has been posted but I wanted to highlight a specific topic with this article/ idea as a catalyst.

CBS LA

Billionaire Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk Friday revealed his ambitious plan to move Los Angeles’ traffic underground.

At a TED conference, he released a short video of the concept. His plan includes platforms that act like elevators carrying the cars to an underground series of tunnels.

The platforms then transport the cars at speeds of more than 120 miles an hour.

It seems like we have forgotten how to dream in this country, we have forgotten what got us to where we were. In our pursuit of fame and fortune we have left behind the ability to dream, be creative and exciting.

Thank you Elon Musk for breaking barriers, being creative and showing the rest of the world what it means to take chances and be more than just a boring old rich guy with a big bank account.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
How friggin deep would it need to be to leave the city undisturbed?

It's one thing to dream, it's another to be delusional. How damn expensive would this be? Seems like it would be out of his price range.
edit on 30-5-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I think he has an understanding of how to get government money for these projects.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Well seattles Newest 50 billion transit project consists of rail cars so im guessing a lot

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

He has gotten govt money and that hasn't been working out. He's getting a lot of deserved scrutiny for it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

What else should we use it for? Bigger wars, larger failing school systems?? More drug wars, bigger prisons?

I am fine with this.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I wonder how his tunnel will stand-up to the physical scrutiny of an earthquake (I acknowledge he has had engineers address this) and whether his infrastructure would make things better or worse, in the case of an earthquake hitting LA?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I hope they have a plan for that.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I hope they have a plan for that.

I bet Elon does too because as is common knowledge - Americans LOVE to sue billionaires and you can guarantee that if anyone is injured or dies in his infrastructure, he will be sued - you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

2 things I find not well thought out with regards to this idea. The first is why, of all places being LA, would you want to put anything underground where seismic activity is on-going and highly unpredictable? The second is who, in their right mind, would choose to travel underground versus above ground? I love to drive and I love seeing the countryside when I do. Where is the fun in traveling through a tunnel in a ground? I've driven through long tunnels before and they have a very hypnotic dull feeling to them.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

So he wants to dig giant holes underneath a city sitting on a geologically unstable area...what could possibly go wrong?

SMH

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
How friggin deep would it need to be to leave the city undisturbed?

It's one thing to dream, it's another to be delusional. How damn expensive would this be? Seems like it would be out of his price range.

Nothing is impossible.

Elon simply gives anything and everything credibility.

He can say he's building a wormhole generator and everyone will jump onboard.

He has the guts to say YES

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Was he the same bloke that also has a plan to put a chip in our brains so we can interact with AI? ..... and perhaps turn the brains off in people to disagree or argue with him!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

2 things I find not well thought out with regards to this idea. The first is why, of all places being LA, would you want to put anything underground where seismic activity is on-going and highly unpredictable? The second is who, in their right mind, would choose to travel underground versus above ground? I love to drive and I love seeing the countryside when I do. Where is the fun in traveling through a tunnel in a ground? I've driven through long tunnels before and they have a very hypnotic dull feeling to them.

You must have never driven in LA

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Elon is the beauty of ideas and knows how to get money out of governments pocket

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: HannahForever
Elon is the beauty of ideas and knows how to get money out of governments pocket

And the people's pockets.

Elon, Bezos, Bigelow, and others are hoarding and letting the money meant for all the people, to flow in a few select directions for the purpose of...

What?

Controlling the money.

Staying rich.

Controlling the slave population.

Main stream media rarely covers what they are up to and prefers to cover stories that depict other people treating other people like crap, often times over money problems, and political drama which concern people not getting along with other people usually over money problems.

Why do all this?

Too either amp up anger among the general population, desensitize and cut short compassion or make some feel so appalled they stop paying attention to what's going on.

Or.

Or support or join them .

So why would they do that?

We have Bigelow stating ET's are here. Admittingly spending millions on UFO research/investigation but not specifying with who. In possible pursuit of capturing a space craft to reverse engineer it. (But wait, I thought that was already accomplished decades ago. Obviously it wasn't the latest and greatest model then.) So we have Musk building the rockets to shoot off Bigelow's inflatable space buildings and Bezos involved in the store/cargo stuff. All commercial Space stuff. Inflatable buildings and housing for people in space is just as sketchy as building commuter tunnels for people under a mega city like LA which is prone to earthquakes.

So why such risky, dangerous behavior and turning the masses on to it? Most of us have little money to obtain our personal needs and struggle weekly because the main cash flow is going to them. Maybe they don't even use money. It's a prop and their above it. So then why? To cash in before a mass casualty event? Does somebody or some being truly love us and is doing anything they can to prevent it from happening or are we just being used as test subjects so the 'special' can learn from our experiences that everyone WILLINGLY documents at the doctor, dentist, mental docs or filling out forms, applications? Think about it. Its all online. The 'unspecial' are providing much needed info to help the 'special.' The way I see it, if the 'special' are as flawed as the rest of us and need our imput to help them progress, then they are like us. If the ultimate plan is the 'special' who used everyone else as test subjects in order for them to gain an advantage for themselves and their offspring, well, man, everyone then should be getting a paycheck. Every single one of you that provides info is working. For free. For them. So now to cover their asses some are supporting a universal base pay. Like the CEO of FB. And getting rid of Nationalism. Making life so bad and psychologically twisted people beg for a change. Some even beg for doom. Beg for war.

Really? Really? That is not who we are at our core. We don't act this way. It wouldn't bother so many of us so much if it weren't true. The on going space wars and lies and cover ups keep conflict going on down here. Islam is like a Cargo Cult that formed out of Technology to create dissent to erradicate the truth after Jesus Christ's ministry because when our Lord was alive, technology had already manifested previously then laid barren the land, and most women and men in it's destructive after effects. People that could bear children from the womb, from water, in spirit, hardly happened as the others were NOT created that way. And once again, we're seeing this now. People born from the womb of their mother, from water, in the spirit, are the special ones. Thats us you guys. It's NOT the other way around. Most mothers don't think they are special. They've been programmed by the programmed masses to not recieve any extra special treatment. They are so very, very special. People born from the womb is a rarity in the time line from the beginning. Noah's Ark, or something like it, grew the animals and people selectively after a mass causalty event. No one was having intercourse for procreation at that time. Not even the animals. If they were, it wasn't to make a baby person because they couldn't.

The well known UFO crash stories floating around were likely caused due to them being shot down for the sole purpose of back engineering them. The height of it being WW II with everyone since then living in the after effects of ET Conflict and Space Wars. Dropping in little crumbs of technology a little at a time to the masses while cashing in on it and becoming super rich and shrugging off the beauty and miracle of motherhood.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
I wonder how his tunnel will stand-up to the physical scrutiny of an earthquake (I acknowledge he has had engineers address this) and whether his infrastructure would make things better or worse, in the case of an earthquake hitting LA?

Earthquake effect on tunnels

Experience shows that underground structures, especially deep ones, are far less vulnerable to earthquakes than superficial ones. The latter are endangered by earthquakes due to the fact that the motion of the ground can be amplified by the response of the structure to such an extent that the induced strains damage the structure. The earthquake waves can also be amplified within soft superficial strata. In addition, loose water-saturated soil may loose its strength (so-called liquefaction), and this can lead to landslides or failure of foundations and retaining walls. In contrast, deep buried structures, especially flexible ones, are not expected to oscillate independently of the surrounding ground, i.e. amplification of the ground motion can be excluded

It seems that if there's an Earthquake it's better to be underground than overground

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Have you ever been to LA? traffic there is legendary, and its 24/7 there is no rush hour, its always rush hour...i bet you ass you would drive underground if it knock 90 mins of sitting in traffic off your commute EVERY DAY. also there is no "countryside" its LA, its a #hole lol

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Sound like a good way to save gas...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"at a TED conference, he released a short video of the concept. His plan includes platforms that act like elevators carrying the cars to an underground series of tunnels.

The platforms then transport the cars at speeds of more than 120 miles an hour."

Wow.. that's some groundbreaking idea!! I mean.. why stop there.. you could, let's say, instead of an elevator, have like a tunnel that you can walk down and under there you could have these really long cars that fit loads of people on at once (to reduce traffic you know) and these long cars could come by every 15 minutes or whatever and people could pay a small fee to get on and the long cars could then zip through the underground tunnels and stop at different locations for people to get off... Just imagine!!! Crazy out of the box thinking... I like it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join