It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon begins delivery of AK-47 assault rifles and other small arms to Kurds in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Most likely these are Bulgarian and Croatian AK-47s. Bulgaria and Croatia are NATO ex Soviet bloc countries. This is the first time the US has acknowledged arming Kurds in Syria. Kurds are a threat to Turkey because in Turkey about a quarter of the population are Kurds and they live in the southeastern part of Turkey and in Turkey Kurds have no rights to their culture. I think this is a good decision on the part of the US. Kurds are secular and they value women's rights. They share American values.

twitter.com... 49056

twitter.com...

twitter.com...
edit on 30-5-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Fast forward four years....

The headline will read- "US forces are being shot at by arms we dilivered four years ago".

Either we're not learning or we knew all along.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Yeah the US are arming the kurds because "they are secular and value women's rights"... My guess is that Turkey is next on America's to do list, after Iran.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Iran and Turkey are pretty secular and value women's rights. Saudi Arabia, not so much.

www.iflscience.com...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Double edged sword is the way of life. Should we just stop trying at everything because a negative could happen?

Maybe this time we'll arm the right side. It was al nusra and the mexican cartels last time and that didn't work out. Than again who the **** thought that would be a good idea? Oh ****, of course Obama's admin.

I was hoping Trump's admin would be much different than Obama's, especially in the respect of arming the "right rebels". I don't really have faith in America anymore though... This country is a mess but because we live the "best", it's easily ignored.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wonder why this thread isn't gaining much traction?

OP, you should have replaced Pentagon with Hillary in your title and you'd be praised for exposing the truth.

"Anti-establishment."
"No more regime change."
"Lock her up."

Same old, same old. Can't say I'm surprised. Because arming "moderate rebels," in the past has worked out so well.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Times like these require some music ..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

i don't know where you get Iran is secular. they have pretty much been a Islamist government state for the past 30 years.
the head of their government is the now is Ayatollah Sayyed Ali Hosseini Khamenei, is the second and current Supreme Leader of Iran and a Muslim cleric.

just in case you don't know what a Ayatollah is, from the wiki,cause it's fast.

Ayatollah
Ayatollah is a high-ranking title given to Usuli Twelver Shī‘ah clerics. Those who carry the title are experts in Islamic studies such as jurisprudence, ethics, and philosophy and usually teach in Islamic seminaries. The next lower clerical rank is Hojatoleslam wal-muslemin.
Ayatollah

and from another wiki,

The end of Bazargan's government officially marked the end of state-directed secularism in Iran. In February 1980 the Islamic Republican Party established the current theocratic government of Iran, with Ayatollah Khomeini as Supreme Leader of Iran. Secular opposition to the Islamist government of the Islamic Republic of Iran had been active in the country up until 1984, afterwards they were branded heretics and apostates by the clerical hierarchy, and eventually jailed, executed or exiled.
Secularism in Iran

and if you had read your article, she is not in iran she is in the states at Stanford to be excact.
from your link.

Up to four outstanding mathematicians can be honored at once, but 2014 is the first time a woman has been honored with the prize.Maryam Mirzakhani is a professor at Stanford Universitywho was recognized for "her outstanding contributions to the dynamics and geometry of Riemann surfaces and their moduli spaces.”

and here wiki,

Maryam Mirzakhani (Persian: مریم میرزاخانی‎‎), born on May 3, 1977,is an Iranian-American mathematician and a professor of mathematics at Stanford University.[5][6][7] Her research topics include Teichmüller theory, hyperbolic geometry, ergodic theory, and symplectic geometry.[1]

edit on 30-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice to have a president arming people who kill terrorists instead of arming the actual terrorists like Barry did.
edit on 30-5-2017 by DonInHtown because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Do you know much about the Kurds?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If the US would arm anyone in the Middle East it should be the Kurds....

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You probably misread that, but yes I do.

Edit: for the record I said the weapons may be used against us, I didn't imply by the kurds.

We half ass back them, and only when it's convenient for our agenda.
edit on 31-5-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join