It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS folks are ok in my book

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
My life is going pretty good lately. However, I often find myself getting bummed out by little things; bills, things I need to get done, etc.

And the I find myself in an 4 hour binge of posting things on here. Some of it is serious stuff. And almost everytime I walk away from here, I realize I am more relaxed than when I entered.

I see people making threads about how much ats has changed, or how closed minded or bigoted they feel the people on here are. And although there is some of that, I feel that the majority of the people here are far better to speak to about the topics we discuss here than mst people I know in the real world. Even the ones that never agree with me.

So thanks to all for providing an education and entertainment for me.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

You know, ATS has actually made me a better person in more ways than one.

It's weird how that works.

It's like a huge, therapeutic, self-reflecting playground. Good times or bad times, there is always something to gain, you just gotta find the gems deep within the dirt.

Back to back positive threads, I think it's time we all hold hands and sing kumbuya.
edit on 30-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This book you speak of has pictures right?

US rural folk don't do no kind of cypherin'.
Lol

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's made me tougher, the anonymity of the site makes people very willing to jab your argument with some choice language.

After a while you have to be an adult and not let someone else's opinion bother you. When you do that you can keep your focus and convey your point.

That is something you can't put value on in day to day life where there are fewer adults out in the "professional" world or public than ever.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
ATS folks are ok in my book.

Yeah, they're in my book. My recipe book.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

your level headed approach to things has helped me to change some of the ways I dealt with things, so if nothing else, you affected one guy in a positive way. I'd call that a win.

not into hugging, but I'll offer a virtual fist bump.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

MANLY GROUP HUG!!

*Hugs*

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

eww.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
While I do enjoy the members here with common sense and coherent thought, I'd hate for ATS to become nothing more than an echo chamber (some members may argue this already exists here). Without an opposing viewpoint ATS would get boring and stagnant real quick. I welcome all ATSers to the discussion as it certainly makes things interesting seeing at least two sides of any given controversial topic.

S&F for you Grambler as well as the rest of ATS.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
It makes you angry in all the right places.

ATS.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

ATS folks are ok in my book

Mine too, some very sharp minds here, awesome researchers and funny folk. I don't agree with everyone but I respect their right to type-out what's on their mind and in the search for knowledge and truth, this is a damn good place to get copious amounts of both, you just need to know where to look.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I have a coloring book.

I eated the crayons.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

At your service you grambling atheist.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

your level headed approach to things has helped me to change some of the ways I dealt with things, so if nothing else, you affected one guy in a positive way. I'd call that a win.

not into hugging, but I'll offer a virtual fist bump.

Thanks. If I give you my wifes email an you convince her I am a level headed person.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

ATS folks are ok in my book.

Yeah, they're in my book. My recipe book.

Ill try anything once.

Any thoughts on who'd make a good dish to start with?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I have grown to truly appreciate my interactions on here.

They have made me more aware of my own confirmation bias's, helped me to form better arguments, find better sources and learn so much about constructing dialogue in a way that makes one think as opposed to offend.

In this world of chaos, there is so much information out there for either side to run with, it helps to have this be a grounds for getting plenty of each side and coming to an understanding that aligns with your own intuition.

To all of you awesome contributors, it is an honor to interact with so many people like minded enough to think outside the box no matter where we are from!

Thanks for the positive thread Grambler!
edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmTuesday7 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: network dude

MANLY GROUP HUG!!

*Hugs*

Oh, I want in! Would I be considered manly enough for this hug if I've just come in from working the garden, all grubby and such?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ill try anything once.

Any thoughts on who'd make a good dish to start with?

DB. Duh.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

Sorry zosi, men only. Plus you're too good looking for this bunch.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

lol, fine. I can sit this one out.

ATS is really really great by me. Nice thread, OP.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join