It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Too Deep: Being Jaded and Cynical

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't normally like to discuss my personal dramas on ATS, but I feel I need to ask some people who might be in the same boat as me, or might have returned from being in too deep.

Basically I feel like I'm just too jaded and cynical to ever return back to normal. Its like the harder I try, the worse it becomes. I feel like since getting into conspiracies, and dealing with a lot of rough experiences through life that it has completely made me numb. Sometimes I feel hopeless, sometimes I'm really angry, but not often can I just relax, and re-focus on the world around me and achieve whatever "happiness" is. I feel like if I let up and trust people then I'm just setting myself up for failure.

How do I trust people again? How do I try and find happiness in a life full of traps and tripwires? Can one become too jaded and cynical to ever return back to normal? I really don't like feeling this way... is it rational to be this way? I feel like I do it to protect myself from disappointment and emotional pain, I don't know. Anybody have some input on this feeling?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

The more we focus on individual situations, the more jaded we can become. Remember, the devil is in the details and therefore, God is in the big picture. Look at your life in general, focus on the family and friends and good things that you have. Be grateful that you live in a time of great prosperity and in a country that is one of the most prosperous in history. Remind yourself that despite all of the evil doings, you still have greater freedoms than most people who have ever lived in the history of man kind. Focus on the beauty and grandeur of nature, take a walk in the woods or on a beach. If that all fails, get yourself a nice ice-cream sundae, that always makes things better for a minute or two.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Been there, done that.

To be blunt as possible, you need to take a hard look into the mirror because happiness, or lack thereof, starts and ends with you and only you.

Find yourself and the rest will find you.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

The more we focus on individual situations, the more jaded we can become. Remember, the devil is in the details and therefore, God is in the big picture. Look at your life in general, focus on the family and friends and good things that you have. Be grateful that you live in a time of great prosperity and in a country that is one of the most prosperous in history. Remind yourself that despite all of the evil doings, you still have greater freedoms than most people who have ever lived in the history of man kind. Focus on the beauty and grandeur of nature, take a walk in the woods or on a beach. If that all fails, get yourself a nice ice-cream sundae, that always makes things better for a minute or two.

Good sentiment and all, but friends and family are some key contributors of me being jaded and cynical period. I try and remind myself I'm doing good, life is great etc.. but I always feel it can be better. So I try hard to make things better, but I'm still not happy with it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Been there, done that.

To be blunt as possible, you need to take a hard look into the mirror because happiness, or lack thereof, starts and ends with you and only you.

^^^^

Unfortunately no other individual will be able to tell you what you need to bounce back.

Many of us have been there, but it boils down to keeping a healthy balance of where your focus goes into life.

Try to find things other than current events you're passionate about and start giving those things some more focus.

If you have a hard time, try and set up a break for yourself here soon and distance yourself from current events, social media, and TV to try and find parts of yourself you haven't looked at in a while.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Been there, done that.

I completely agree with this. I've taken steps in my life to improve myself, but I still just can't snap out of this funk. I think I might be depressed or something, I'm really worried about trying to take medications as I feel it will only make things worse, or cause new problems. I keep telling myself to stop being a little # but it doesn't seem to be very motivational lol.

As far as being lost, I've been like this for awhile now. My mom died back in 2011 when I was 25, she was really the only person in my life with a positive influence. Currently I'm surrounded by s#tty people, and I'm busting my ass running a business to get myself away from this area... I feel it's a contributing factor to me being unhappy, I grew up poor, and I'm trying to change that by my own hand, but its very frustrating as I've made many sacrifices, and I feel like it never ends.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Been there, done that.

Been there also.

I was also very jaded and cynical. I felt like, in a way, life was grey, lacking color.I felt like this is no way to live. I ate at my soul.
Then, one day, I made a choice that would change my life for ever.

I gave up and rejected everything that made me unhappy.

I began a life renewed .

I looked at the world in a different way, in a more positive light. Leaving the past behind, taking this knowledge I had gained and moved forward.

Your life and the world around it is how you make it. Nobody but you can do that.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Been there, done that.

^^^^

Unfortunately no other individual will be able to tell you what you need to bounce back.

Many of us have been there, but it boils down to keeping a healthy balance of where your focus goes into life.

Try to find things other than current events you're passionate about and start giving those things some more focus.

If you have a hard time, try and set up a break for yourself here soon and distance yourself from current events, social media, and TV to try and find parts of yourself you haven't looked at in a while.

Yeah, I don't expect anybody to have a cure all solution to this as each situation is different. But so far people are hitting me with some decent wisdom, and that's really all I need, then I need to put it into action. I used to have a lot of friends and I used to do a lot of stuff, but since I started a business, it has literally sucked the life out of me so to speak... I had to sacrifice the only thing in life I loved and that was riding motorcycles, I sold my last bike for money to run my business, then I finally got to a point where I was able to get another one, and come to find out it was a piece of s# cuz I didn't do my due diligence.

I finally got some money together to get it looked at and hopefully fix it so I can ride again.. I'm hoping being able to do what I originally loved to do might help me, but its been a few years now that I haven't been able to be free, and I'm going star craving mad.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

Been there, done that.

Been there also.

I was also very jaded and cynical. I felt like, in a way, life was grey, lacking color.I felt like this is no way to live. I ate at my soul.

I began a life renewed .

I looked at the world in a different way, in a more positive light. Leaving the past behind, taking this knowledge I had gained and moved forward.

Your life and the world around it is how you make it. Nobody but you can do that.

I appreciate the advice. I am my own worst enemy, I think I need to kick my own a$$ and get over it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Moments like these only make you stronger and wiser. You seem like a pretty level headed guy because you aren't living in denial, and thats already a huge step moving forward. You're just going through some hard times, I'm sure you'll overcome this.

Only advice I can give you, and repeating what Groot also said, try removing yourself from things that only bring you negativity and don't help you in any way. That includes friends and family. Don't be afraid or ashamed to be selfish when your well-being is concerned.

Good luck, there are brighter days ahead

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Whenever you get a chance, I'd suggest taking one of those bikes on a trip to a few places you haven't been before.

Try some places you have negative predispositions on, and you will be surprised how alike many people are.

I'm from the south (my mom's side is from New York and naturally speak I'll of NJ) and I went up to Jersey a few weeks ago....

I can't tell you how nice the state is and how equally nice the people were, many could tell I wasn't a local and helped me out immensely with a few things.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
there's a user by that name , makes excellent contributions , maybe if they'd come back to you ?

you'd find being astounded at , usually at the total, utter , completely inside the realms of entire , hypocrisy of some people is a temporal state., And so assume any jaded or cynicalness is going to pass as well , maybe over a longer period .

If the more moronic factions around yourself present liabilities however , stress will form : a problem to overcome, on top of those liabilities .Combining and building .. Dealing with stress effectively is the crucial element , and blaming the causes of it does not necessarily solve the required end of dealing with it . Argue or reason with hypocrits you get nowhere fast . Expect the ridiculous , the un-necessary , and stress too . Breaking down and controlling by handles ..

Limit those liabilites is number one , and then

Deal with your own stress in a manner suitable to your own self only : but always plan to protect or preserve your family about you ( even if you hate some of them sometimes. ) Sparking up a hurdle-jumper before it all starts is good way for some, well actually a lot of thinking people I suspect . Drinking doesn't solve stress though, just suspends it . Plan to have time free of stress. Valiums , well you'd be happy and good every day , but, only as long as there was some more coming , so dont go down those routes , but. as it were , give yourself the medicine that you feel works for you when it comes to stress

just a 2c from someone who's seen as many hyprocrites headfks as you would not beleive

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Whenever you get a chance, I'd suggest taking one of those bikes on a trip to a few places you haven't been before.

Try some places you have negative predispositions on, and you will be surprised how alike many people are.

I'm from the south (my mom's side is from New York and naturally speak I'll of NJ) and I went up to Jersey a few weeks ago....

I can't tell you how nice the state is and how equally nice the people were, many could tell I wasn't a local and helped me out immensely with a few things.

Yeah, I've wanted to do a small travel trip somewhere, but I can't be away far and too long as my business really demands so much time. Also, I have this fear of breaking down in the middle of nowhere, and I'm no bear grylls or anything, but I wouldn't want to be stuck in a place I have no clue about. I've been stranded on the side of the road numerous times in my life, and I can't recall one of those times I was having fun lolll

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT
there's a user by that name , makes excellent contributions , maybe if they'd come back to you ?

you'd find being astounded at , usually at the total, utter , completely inside the realms of entire , hypocrisy of some people is a temporal state., And so assume any jaded or cynicalness is going to pass as well , maybe over a longer period .

If the more moronic factions around yourself present liabilities however , stress will form : a problem to overcome, on top of those liabilities .Combining and building .. Dealing with stress effectively is the crucial element , and blaming the causes of it does not necessarily solve the required end of dealing with it . Argue or reason with hypocrits you get nowhere fast . Expect the ridiculous , the un-necessary , and stress too . Breaking down and controlling by handles ..

Limit those liabilites is number one , and then

Deal with your own stress in a manner suitable to your own self only : but always plan to protect or preserve your family about you ( even if you hate some of them sometimes. ) Sparking up a hurdle-jumper before it all starts is good way for some, well actually a lot of thinking people I suspect . Drinking doesn't solve stress though, just suspends it . Plan to have time free of stress. Valiums , well you'd be happy and good every day , but, only as long as there was some more coming , so dont go down those routes , but. as it were , give yourself the medicine that you feel works for you when it comes to stress

just a 2c from someone who's seen as many hyprocrites headfks as you would not beleive

I feel like stress might be the MAIN reason I'm like this, as I deal with a lot on a daily basis, and I constantly feel like ripping my hair out. I've never been good at managing my stress. I tend to have a hair trigger, and when I get overwhelmed I just lose it. I've scaled back on letting it consume me as bad, but sometimes it feels like a brush fire sweeps over me, and I have no control over it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think people have given you a lot of good advice on here.

I will just add a different perspective.

I don't know the meaning of life, and I certainly don't know exactly what lies behind the veil.

But I know that even if I have more impact on humanity than any person in history, my name will eventually fade into the dust.

We are just a small speck out of seemingly infinite space and time.

And for me, this is comforting. No matter how much I mess up, or how deep into a conspiracy the world falls in, it won't matter in the end.

So we should seek knowledge, and seek to enlighten the world, and searching for the truth is a big part of that. But so is laughing, or having a beer with friends, or helping the neighbor mow their yard.

Find something that makes you smile. Go back to that when your feeling down. Share that with someone close to you. Live your life so that you can sleep comfortably at night.

And remember that you are not alone in feeling hopeless at times.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

originally posted by: Groot

Been there, done that.

Been there also.

I began a life renewed .

I appreciate the advice. I am my own worst enemy, I think I need to kick my own a$$ and get over it.

Go out in nature and just sit. Go camping if you ever had done so. Be alone with nature. Your answers will come.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I think people have given you a lot of good advice on here.

I will just add a different perspective.

I don't know the meaning of life, and I certainly don't know exactly what lies behind the veil.

But I know that even if I have more impact on humanity than any person in history, my name will eventually fade into the dust.

We are just a small speck out of seemingly infinite space and time.

And for me, this is comforting. No matter how much I mess up, or how deep into a conspiracy the world falls in, it won't matter in the end.

So we should seek knowledge, and seek to enlighten the world, and searching for the truth is a big part of that. But so is laughing, or having a beer with friends, or helping the neighbor mow their yard.

Find something that makes you smile. Go back to that when your feeling down. Share that with someone close to you. Live your life so that you can sleep comfortably at night.

And remember that you are not alone in feeling hopeless at times.

No truer words spoken there.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

In Too Deep: Being Jaded and Cynical

Embrace the suck!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Im also feeling extremely jaded and dont see how I can possibly get things in my life to start going right. Almost everything seems to have conspired against me. Some because of poor choices but most from outside bs that I have not deserved.

I quit fb. That was a good choice. I started doing martial arts. Also a good choice. I made a long term plan and im working on it. Ive started removing things and people that arent good for me. So, thats how im dealing with it.

Anyhow, you arent the only one. Theres some good advice in this thread.

Edit to add: And sometimes we gotta give up something we think we want and have worked really hard for but is really something holding us back from our proper path. Its possible that being off ones proper path is what creates the friction that gets us down. So maybe we just need a course correction.
edit on 30-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Some really great advice in this thread. I am going through similar things and this thread really gave me some insight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join