It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin Beheads Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Honestly I don't see an issue.

I've never condemned anyone for making a joke in bad taste because that would render me a complete hypocrite.

Unless she's also sending actual threats to the President, that might be a cause for concern.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Its funny, leftists will have fun with this image but will crap themselves with a picture of a Confederate flag.

Again, it doesn't represent all leftists opinions.

Not that I would expect a small mind to understand that.

It represents a helluva lot of 'em. You can deny it all day long, but the left has become damaged in the head. Literally, they have lost their minds. There may have been something in the Kool-aid they were drinking last year.

ok, this is just stupid banter

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Jefferton

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Its funny, leftists will have fun with this image but will crap themselves with a picture of a Confederate flag.

Again, it doesn't represent all leftists opinions.

Not that I would expect a small mind to understand that.

It represents a helluva lot of 'em. You can deny it all day long, but the left has become damaged in the head. Literally, they have lost their minds. There may have been something in the Kool-aid they were drinking last year.

Or, you, and your pals, are just being dramatic.

link   
REMEMBER ME

REMEMBER ME

REMEMBER ME

ad naseum.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

it may be art, but in very bad taste

also, the confederate flag is a symbol of history (albeit Ill agree a part of history when there was much racism). Just as the Nazi flag...I believe the confederate flag should be considered just that...a symbol of a place and time.

Good lord, have I turned republican today?

Haha, I like the end there. It's a slippery slope, I'm with you, what she did was very distasteful, but I wouldn't understand outrage.

As far as the confederate flag, I'm almost in the same boat, it's distasteful but i don't really understand the outrage. (I don't know if I'd compare them with Nazis but regardless they weren't a bright part of our history)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

Far-right 4chan type trolls is quite different than mainstream celebs engaging in this.

Point to a conservative celeb mock lynching Obama.

oh, so celebrity status is a factor on if these memes are distasteful or not, right?

so the ones with Obama's head in a noose are clearly ok...right?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

also, the confederate flag is a symbol of history (albeit Ill agree a part of history when there was much racism). Just as the Nazi flag...I believe the confederate flag should be considered just that...a symbol of a place and time.

Haha, I like the end there. It's a slippery slope, I'm with you, what she did was very distasteful, but I wouldn't understand outrage.

As far as the confederate flag, I'm almost in the same boat, it's distasteful but i don't really understand the outrage. (I don't know if I'd compare them with Nazis but regardless they weren't a bright part of our history)

No, very bad part of history, both flags, however, we cant just take away all the nazi and confederate flags and try to forget about a huge part of our history...we need to accept the good, the bad and the ugly.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Nothing more than a drunk slut attempting to hold onto something she lost a decade ago.

reply to: MysticPearl

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Far-right 4chan type trolls is quite different than mainstream celebs engaging in this.

oh, so celebrity status is a factor on if these memes are distasteful or not, right?

No one said it's ok. How about replying to points made rather than arguing strawmen.

But yes, it's better to actually compare apples to apples rather than apples to beef jerky. Snoop also recently mock executed Trump in a video. It's far more mainstream on the left. So again, point to conservative celebs doing similar.

Still waiting.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Nothing more than a drunk slut

You're in the middle of a dry spell, aren't ya?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

No one said it's ok. How about replying to points made rather than arguing strawmen.

But yes, it's better to actually compare apples to apples rather than apples to beef jerky. Snoop also recently mock executed Trump in a video. It's far more mainstream on the left. So again, point to conservative celebs doing similar.

Still waiting.

Maybe its just that there are no celebs of importance that are republicans...I dunno, i dont follow republican celebrities, much less republican celebrity memes.

Honestly, it makes me lol how you are bringing in celebrity status, i personally think it has nothing to do with it and know that I AM comparing apples to apples.

but enjoy trying to make it an issue, tis sad.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Is burning an American Flag akin to this?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

No, very bad part of history, both flags, however, we cant just take away all the nazi and confederate flags and try to forget about a huge part of our history...we need to accept the good, the bad and the ugly.

Wisely said, unfortunately the only successful parts of history are where we punished those responsible and helped those they oppressed.

Germany and Japan are now in the top five economy's and strong allies.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
She has been failing as a comedian for quite some time and has resorted to this type of trash to generate that audience she no longer attracts.

link   

Sure. Let's ignore celebrity status when it's a well known celebrity and CNN employee doing this.

Let's instead, since we can't find any conservative celebs engaging in such actions, compare the celebrity to 4chan type trolls since that's all we have to go on.

link   
What's the difference between this and the kid that photoshopped a noose around a black students neck and got suspended for it?

So many people on the left were saying that is was a direct threat to the kid and that he deserved his punishment.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sure. Let's ignore celebrity status when it's a well known celebrity and CNN employee doing this.

Let's instead, since we can't find any conservative celebs engaging in such actions, compare the celebrity to 4chan type trolls since that's all we have to go on.

no...YOU do whatever YOU want. Ill compare apples to apples...ok

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The media went nuts when a rodeo clown put on an Obama mask as a joke.
Wonder if they will be all over a beheaded president?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This conservative hated everything Obama stood for for 8 long years, still, I would have vigorously objected to a similar "expression" involving his likeness. There are some lines you don't cross...

I know several have made this comment already, but imagine if a white comedian like Andrew Dice Clay threw a noose over a tree branch and ceremonially "lynched" a likeness of Obama?

The snowflakery would be off the charts.

And ya know what...?

I'd be right there with them.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

no...YOU do whatever YOU want. Ill compare apples to apples...ok

Then why are you comparing apples to beef jerky?

You want to compare apples to apples, show examples of conservative celebs doing the same. Still waiting lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join