It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin Beheads Trump

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Can anybody tell me what they found funny about this meth-looking-unfunny cow holding up a beaten-to-a-pulp bloodied beheaded American---never mind that it's our president---ISIS style? Anyone laugh at this?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That is NOT the definition of free speech but the infringement of and abuse of free speech.

the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference,subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion,etc.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Can you explain what SS is to me please?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Can anybody tell me what they found funny about this meth-looking-unfunny cow holding up a beaten-to-a-pulp bloodied beheaded American---never mind that it's our president---ISIS style? Anyone laugh at this?

I don't know if anyone finds it funny but what I find funny is that she has triggered people like you.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MelissaLynch

Can you explain what SS is to me please?

Secret Service.
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

I don't know if anyone finds it funny but what I find funny is that she has triggered people like you.

Yeah...that's hilarious. Sheeesh!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Oh! Oops, I knew that. I feel silly now, thanks!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It's funny because she trolled every die hard Trump supporter in the country with one simple image.

It's also hysterical that none of you will fess up to the same types of images being shot all over the internet during Obama's time in office and you had zero issues with it.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
a reply to: Krakatoa

That is NOT the definition of free speech but the infringement of and abuse of free speech.

the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference,subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion,etc.

Was the photo libelous?
Was she inciting violence with that photo?
Was she openly rebelling in that photo?

If not, then it is NOT an abuse of free speech. I would say no to each of those questions. That I think she is a comedic hack, that has reached beyond her limited comedic value, and is merely trying to stay relevant via shocking people, and I would never pay to see or hear her speak, is also my exercise of free speech. It is not libelous of me to write that since it is my opinion, not fact.

If she did get a visit, I would hope they asked her those last two questions above. If she answered no, then there is nothing the government can do at that point. It is a weak case to be considered to be brought to court, and a waste of taxpayer money.

edit on 5/30/2017 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MelissaLynch

Oh! Oops, I knew that. I feel silly now, thanks!

LOL No problem.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Just for a change of perspective, lets take a look at a thread back in 2012 where a man hung a chair to symbolize Obama.

The posts are worth a read if anyone is interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thank you. It does give this a new perspective. It's hard to see where the threshold of free speech is.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Just for a change of perspective, lets take a look at a thread back in 2012 where a man hung a chair to symbolize Obama.

The posts are worth a read if anyone is interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: Druscilla
Had he burned the chair at a stake, staked it out covered in honey to attract flies and ants while burning in the sun, shot it full of holes with a variety of firearms, drawn and quartered the chair, beheaded the chair, blew the chair up, tar and feathered and ridden out of town on a rail, or any sundry number of other kinds of deaths or indignities in effigy scenarios, it would certainly be fine as far as freedom of speech goes.

Hanging, however, especially in the South, and especially in regard to anyone of color, by someone of White ethnicity, even just in effigy, tends to take on a whole new meaning with racial implications.

Further, as I understand it, language NOT PROTECTED by the first amendment is any language, action, or symbolism that threatens or implies bodily harm to the POTUS.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Like who?

Here, let me help - here is Chelsea Clinton getting triggered by Kathy Griffin, also Anderson Cooper, Mitt Romney and The Secret Service so since they are all triggered are they also 'people like queenofswords'.

WOW
Daily Mail - screenshots of various twitter responses from Democrats etc over Kathy Griffin's latest attention whore stunt

edit on 31-5-2017 by Sublimecraft because: spelling

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Threatening the President of the United States

Threatening the President of the United States is a class E felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871.[1][2][3] It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". This also includes presidential candidates and former Presidents. The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President. Threatening the President is considered a political offense.[4] Immigrants who commit this crime can be deported.[5]

Because the offense consists of pure speech, the courts have issued rulings attempting to balance the government's interest in protecting the President with free speech rights under the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States. According to the book Stalking, Threatening, and Attacking Public Figures, "Hundreds of celebrity howlers threaten the President of the United States every year, sometimes because they disagree with his policies, but more often just because he is the President."[6]

The prototype for Section 871 was the English Treason Act 1351, which made it a crime to "compass or imagine" the death of the King. Convictions under 18 U.S.C. § 871 have been sustained for declaring that "President Wilson ought to be killed. It is a wonder some one has not done it already. If I had an opportunity, I would do it myself.";[7] and for declaring that "Wilson is a wooden-headed son of a bitch. I wish Wilson was in hell, and if I had the power I would put him there."[8] In a later era, a conviction was sustained for displaying posters urging passersby to "hang [President] Roosevelt".[9]

There has been some controversy among the federal appellate courts as to how the term "willfully" should be interpreted. Traditional legal interpretations of the term are reflected by Black's Law Dictionary's definition, which includes descriptions such as "malicious, done with evil intent, or with a bad motive or purpose," but most courts have adopted a more easily proven standard. For instance, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit held that a threat was knowingly made if the maker comprehended the meaning of the words uttered by him. It was willingly made, if in addition to comprehending the meaning of his words, the maker voluntarily and intentionally uttered them as a declaration of apparent determination to carry them into execution.[10] According to the U.S. Attorney's Manual, "Of the individuals who come to the Secret Service's attention as creating a possible danger to one of their protectees, approximately 75 percent are mentally ill."[11]

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Daily Mail LOL.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

She's been utterly destroyed socially for this. She's even apologized.

Something tells me the left will invite her on shows to tall about it, though.

Watch her fame rise.

I was thinking more inline with her face...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Daily Mail LOL.

Plenty of other sources providing the exact same screenshots, including your beloved CNN and MSNBC. Also twitter accounts of those I've mentioned if you want the actual source, or you can proceed with caution with your deflectors at full power.

Your choice.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Did I ever say that some people on the left are not triggered?
Your choice.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

If they did pay her a visit and talked to her, I don't think that is suppression either.

She was borderline threatening, and/or messaging the advocating of our president's beating and beheading. She needed a visit, Imo. Hiding behind her so-called profession (a crappy comic), is not an excuse.

Are you going to condemn these guys as well?

Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well?

This deserves to be repeated.

Sure, who are they?

new topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join