It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kathy Griffin Beheads Trump

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I have the right to express myself too. Funny how that works...

So does Kathy Griffin. And you cheapened solders' fight with your post.
Funny how that works.

Twist and shout....the mode of operation...

I am not denying her right to express herself. I am simply expressing my opinion of her methods. I believe that people who hide such sick antisocial behavior behind the first amendment makes the right to free speech seem like a novelty toy rather than a serious exercise of civil liberty. Its akin to sitting a howler monkey at a conference table and calling its howling constructive dialogue.

Oh, BTW, I did my time in the service. Your whiny cheap shot so close to Memorial day is very telling...

Edit: It seems as though Kathy has asked for the image to be taken down and said, among other things, "...it was too disturbing and wasn't funny."

Kathy, honey, that statement describes everything you have ever done.
edit on 30-5-2017 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

Cheap shot? LOL.

They fought for our right to be retarded like Kathy Griffin. It does not "lessen the value" of free speech.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Cheap shot? LOL.

They fought for our right to be retarded like Kathy Griffin. It does not "lessen the value" of free speech.

No, they did not. They died fighting for an ideal, a belief, an inalienable right, the freedom of expression. The right of the individual to be heard by the governing powers. The right to express ideas and concepts with passion and determination. The right to seek out change and the betterment of humanity.

They did not sacrifice their lives so some sick antisocial cretin like griffin could spew her hate while hiding under the umbrella of free speech. Yes, it most certainly does cheapen the sacrifice made by so many when the freedom their sacrifices granted us are used in such a frivolous pathetic manner.

You won't win this. Its already over. Good night.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If racists and the KKK can gather freely and preach their loaded pile of BS then Kathy Griffin can cut the Presidents head off. The same goes for flying confederate or Nazi flags, the same goes for printing out racist cartoons, the same goes for holding a communist rally, the same goes for drawing cartoons having sex, the same goes for songs that drop the F bomb 55 times in 3 minutes. Free expression.

Period.

I would bet my left testicle that Kathy apologized and requested it's removal because she was threatened a handful of times in the limited time that it's been on the internet.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

We won. You can't put a limit on inalienable rights. Freedom of expression is free no matter how ugly you think it is. Kathy has the same right as any American to do what she wants.

Good night.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I bet the SS was standing right behind the camera ........

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

And if she served in the military?
Good night.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I wouldn't be surprised. It's sad that her right is being suppressed and I am from the left.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I wouldn't be surprised. It's sad that her right is being suppressed and I am from the left.

Oh boo hoo. Her rights are not being suppressed. Open direct, even vehement criticism, is not suppressing her.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

And now she will be on Anderson Cooper's show, The View, probably Ellen, Rachel the Madcow, and Gawd knows who else. $$$$

Sicko ISISesque creep.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Oh boo hoo. Her rights are not being suppressed. Open direct, even vehement criticism, is not suppressing her.

Projecting much?
I was talking about the SS.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

A bit of hyperbole on your part, no? More than likely she was already losing some gigs (or they threatened to drop her from lineups) as there are many venues that would not like to be linked to something that controversial.

It is telling that someone that is openly left-leaning is fine with advocating the murder of someone that espouses a different ideology. I guess inclusiveness is only for those that agree with you Ms. Griffin. Make fun of Trump, call him names, make light of his missteps, yes. But, this can be pushing your B-list celebrity a bit far.

I do not think the government is telling her to recant at all. That is the only way her rights would be suppressed that would violate her guaranteed protection under the Constitution. It does not, as many mistakenly believe, protect you from professional or personal disagreements. Actions have consequences, that is life.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Oh look another one with an habit of not reading the posts I reply to.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

If they did pay her a visit and talked to her, I don't think that is suppression either.

She was borderline threatening, and/or messaging the advocating of our president's beating and beheading. She needed a visit, Imo. Hiding behind her so-called profession (a crappy comic), is not an excuse.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

If they did pay her a visit and talked to her, I don't think that is suppression either.

She was borderline threatening, and/or messaging the advocating of our president's beating and beheading. She needed a visit, Imo. Hiding behind her so-called profession (a crappy comic), is not an excuse.

Are you going to condemn these guys as well?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No one is arguing that it won't wreck what is left of her worthless career.

The fact that she as the right to create staged photos as an expression is still hers and any other Americans. No one was harmed because of that photograph. Just created an uproar.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Thats bull, queenofswords. That's utter bull.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Are you going to condemn these guys as well?

Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well? Are you going to condemn these guys as well?

This deserves to be repeated.
edit on 30-5-2017 by AnonyMason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Oh look another one with an habit of not reading the posts I reply to.

I read it smart ***. Your reference to the "SS", (i.e. Secret Service) and veiled inference to the German SS. Whichever, in each case it is the government. And, my statement stands.

Your hyperbole is irrelevant.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MysticPearl

Can you imagine if this was done to ANY past Presidents? Hummm, a sickening woman who is destined for hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join