It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Communications Director Resigns as Shake-Up Begins

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I had figured there would be a thread about this already, but it appears there is not.

In a note to colleagues, Mr. Dubke said the reasons for his departure are “personal.”

“But it has been my great honor to serve President Trump and his admin. It has also been my distinct pleasure to work side by side, day by day, with the staff of the communications and press depts. This White House is filled with some of the finest and hardest working men and women in the American government,” he wrote in his letter.

Mr. Dubke was on the job only three months. His departure could be the first of many in the media offices of the White House.

Trump's White House 'shake up' is underway. The first team has lasted only 4 months.

Trump's Twitter feed has been fairly active, even mocking the US on Russia's behalf, yet again. Saying:

Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.

And at the very same time the Russian state sponsored media tweeted more suggestions that Trumps son-in-law attempted to open up a secret communication between the Trump team and the Kremlin.

Russian state media jumped into the fray Tuesday with a tweet that might not be helpful to the president’s denials, saying that the foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov, does want an open channel to work on cooling down the war in Syria.

NY Times

If the Times is too Fake Newsy for you feel free to check the news feeds. All the major players are covering the story, now.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Like a well-oiled machine...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason
I had figured there would be a thread about this already, but it appears there is not.

In a note to colleagues, Mr. Dubke said the reasons for his departure are “personal.”

“But it has been my great honor to serve President Trump and his admin. It has also been my distinct pleasure to work side by side, day by day, with the staff of the communications and press depts. This White House is filled with some of the finest and hardest working men and women in the American government,” he wrote in his letter.

Mr. Dubke was on the job only three months. His departure could be the first of many in the media offices of the White House.

Trump's White House 'shake up' is underway. The first team has lasted only 4 months.

Trump's Twitter feed has been fairly active, even mocking the US on Russia's behalf, yet again. Saying:

Russian officials must be laughing at the U.S. & how a lame excuse for why the Dems lost the election has taken over the Fake News.

And at the very same time the Russian state sponsored media tweeted more suggestions that Trumps son-in-law attempted to open up a secret communication between the Trump team and the Kremlin.

Russian state media jumped into the fray Tuesday with a tweet that might not be helpful to the president’s denials, saying that the foreign minister, Sergey Lavrov, does want an open channel to work on cooling down the war in Syria.

NY Times

If the Times is too Fake Newsy for you feel free to check the news feeds. All the major players are covering the story, now.

He did this on May 18....hardly think he was a precog knowing anything about the recent tweets.

It is only just now being reported....as usual....trying to tie crap reporting with current events.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Well the Communication Director to Donald Trump's alternative fact universe was always a job of failure for whoever took it. I'm kind of surprised Spicer is still doing his thing though. Poor schmuck was super happy and giddy to meet the Pope recently because he is a pretty devout Catholic and Trump didn't put him on the list to meet him.
edit on 30-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

NY Times

Good thing this is actually verified for once in their lives !!

Swamp is getting shallower.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah, Spicey probably has the crappiest job of all to do for POTUS... Especially when you consider what a S show the White House has been.

The European bookies are giving up odds at 20/1 if you care to place a bet on him being the next person to resign from the administration.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

He submitted his resignation on the 18th but agreed to stay on board until POTUS and family returned from their trip abroad.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen So Trump hired him but because he's leaving the swamp is getting shallower?? So you admit that Trump has been hiring swamp creatures all along just like the rest of us have been saying. Thank you for finally getting on board the reality train.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Since you and I differ so vastly on weather or not a leaky white house is a good thing, I'll just say, I'm glad some of the old guard is being removed.

Perhaps with all this shake up, the leakers will be canned and the country can try to get back to doing things that matter, at least to some.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Only to a certain degree.

I prefer whistle blowing to leaks. If people in high places are doing nefarious or potentially illegal things, I support leaks to the public that serve to remove those people.

I understand what you mean, though. And even though we don't agree on everything I still enjoy your take on all of it. I think we would have more fun debating these things over a cold beverage and a cigar, though.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I agree. Tabak redeye and a nice pour of Woodford Reserve.
Damn, now I want one.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

He submitted his resignation on the 18th but agreed to stay on board until POTUS and family returned from their trip abroad.

Correct, so why are you referencing a tweet from after that as having anything to do with it?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Why not?

It's referenced in several of the articles I read this morning and in the Times article used as the source of my post.

It's kind of a crappy thing for a sitting US President to say of the government that he's is currently leading. However, it is true. The Russians aren't the only one laughing at our country right now. Just take a look at the reactions to Trump's speech amongst our NATO allies after he slagged them publicly.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If I was working in the White house, I would quit too, I would come right out and state that the crazy people who are telling all the twisted garbage in the news were making the job too stressful. Once I was out, I would take out many lawsuits against all the major media and these would be multimillion dollar lawsuits because the blasphemy being spread by the media was making it so I had to quit.

From looking at most of the deceptful smearing of MSM of late, I am surprised a lot of people aren't doing that, if the press stresses unreal news that targets a person then they can be sued. They have passed the legal boundries so many times that it is rediculous. Fox used to just keep it under those boundries, that is not the case with the major networks.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Why not?

It's referenced in several of the articles I read this morning and in the Times article used as the source of my post.

It's kind of a crappy thing for a sitting US President to say of the government that he's is currently leading. However, it is true. The Russians aren't the only one laughing at our country right now. Just take a look at the reactions to Trump's speech amongst our NATO allies after he slagged them publicly.

Hmmm....maybe because he resigned prior to any of those tweets? I mean call me crazy, but unless he sees the future, they have absolutely no relevance to the resignation as they were tweeted AFTER the resignation.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
SEAN SPICER is next. Press briefings will become more "jovial".. as in "You Guys are a Joke" jovial.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'm of the opinion that it's all relative to the subject at hand. The news broke today and let's be honest, this is going to be the first of several resignations in the coming days/weeks. In the background the on going investigations regarding the administration and Russia are ever looming. So in my mind that makes it worthy of mentioning.

Your criticism is noted.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It really is becoming more like a reality television show every day. The Political Apprentice. Tune in to see the cabinet battle to make the most effective Ivanka clothing line commercial in Russian. Who will be fired next week?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
If I was working in the White house, I would quit too, I would come right out and state that the crazy people who are telling all the twisted garbage in the news were making the job too stressful. Once I was out, I would take out many lawsuits against all the major media and these would be multimillion dollar lawsuits because the blasphemy being spread by the media was making it so I had to quit.

Right, the MSM is such a convient strawman scapegoat. When are people going to realize the problems in the WH stem from the president and his attitude to his staff and advisers. Time to face the truth and accept responsibility; isn't that the conservatives creed?

www.rawstory.com...

The oval office is in chaos, not because of outside influences but from clowns not having a clue as to what their doing.
I'd be stressed too.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Working for the WH communications staff has to be the worst job in the administration.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join