It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Maxine has jumped the shark.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Flatfish

OK, so you are basing your impeachment on the If's and buts. Got it.

Guilty, until we run out of things to charge him with, the American way.

Remember, If Comey sat on all that, he himself is guilty of a few things.

Do you understand what impeachment is?

An impeachment is basically the equivalent of an indictment or charges except for the fact that they're issued by a legislative body instead of a law enforcement agency. It's not an instant determination of guilt.

If I'm not mistaken, The House would impeach or charge the President and the Senate would basically hold their version of a trial, examine the evidence and determine guilt or innocence. If found to be guilty, I believe he/she could be removed from office.

So I'm not basing any impeachment on "ifs" or "buts." Impeachment is the first phase of finding out if the "ifs" or "buts" are true in order to determine guilt or innocence.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

We do and that is why a lot of us, in the middle to all the way to the right are about 99.99% certain impeachment won't be happening. Simply put, there has to be a crime with charges, just like in the Nixon and Clinton cases, before you can even begin to impeach a duly elected official in the United States. This "aint" China, yet!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think I get it, but there needs to be some crime or wrong dooing in order to start the impeachment process, correct?

I just don't think, "I don't like him" is enough to bring those charges. If the Russia thing pans out, then sure, we might see it. But as I said elsewhere, if the Russia thing doesn't pan out, I doubt it will stop there. At some point, even those on the left might be able to recognize a witch hunt, at least one would hope.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

We do and that is why a lot of us, in the middle to all the way to the right are about 99.99% certain impeachment won't be happening. Simply put, there has to be a crime with charges, just like in the Nixon and Clinton cases, before you can even begin to impeach a duly elected official in the United States. This "aint" China, yet!

You can't indict a sitting POTUS, that's why you have impeachment proceedings.

They're the legislative equivalent of indicting or charging the POTUS with a crime.

The crime would be "obstruction of justice" as I explained in my earlier post.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I think I get it, but there needs to be some crime or wrong dooing in order to start the impeachment process, correct?

I just don't think, "I don't like him" is enough to bring those charges. If the Russia thing pans out, then sure, we might see it. But as I said elsewhere, if the Russia thing doesn't pan out, I doubt it will stop there. At some point, even those on the left might be able to recognize a witch hunt, at least one would hope.

Actually, any person, (including the POTUS) can be charged with and found guilty of, "obstruction of justice" even when it turns out that there was no underlying crime.

The "obstruction " itself, is the crime.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

They're the legislative equivalent of indicting or charging the POTUS with a crime.

Impeachment IS indictment by the Congress and there has to be a violation of SOMETHING, already in writing. NOT some thing they make up because they don't like someone, PERIOD.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Actually, any person, (including the POTUS) can be charged with and found guilty of, "obstruction of justice" even when it turns out that there was no underlying crime.

But we already know that can't be it or Comey would have already had to tell us. Can't hold onto that information or you are complicit to the law too. Comey's memos need to be seized and see what he said about Bill Clinton on the tarmac too with the head of the DOJ after Hillary's server was news.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

This post is gold...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Impeachment IS indictment by the Congress and there has to be a violation of SOMETHING, already in writing. NOT some thing they make up because they don't like someone, PERIOD.

There is a violation of SOMETHING.

I assure you there are statues that strictly prohibit any person from obstructing law enforcement personnel who are in the process of investigating possible criminal activity.

The crime is called Obstruction of Justice.

It's quite an impeachable offense.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

But we already know that can't be it or Comey would have already had to tell us. Can't hold onto that information or you are complicit to the law too. Comey's memos need to be seized and see what he said about Bill Clinton on the tarmac too with the head of the DOJ after Hillary's server was news.

I'm afraid the only thing your gonna find Comey guilty of holding back is the enthusiasm that must be bubbling up while he anticipates his upcoming testimony regarding the existence and accuracy of his Trump memos.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I assure you there are statues that strictly prohibit any person from obstructing law enforcement personnel who are in the process of investigating possible criminal activity.

No there is not and the proof is Comey didn't do squat and basically said there was noting in his meeting with DJT. Hang on you lefties are in for a run through the ringer. The truth is prevailing and your Russia collusion story and whatever bs you try is falling on deaf ears due to the fact it is a solid lie.
edit on 31-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That image looked familiar...

I'm personally not a fan of Trump getting impeached simply because of he evangelist nightmare acting as VP right behind him.

Right here on ATS:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Separation of church and state...

Ideologies of any sort taken to an extreme public or private is like a foot in the back of the neck; I think the liberty bell stopped ringing way way too long ago.

It is about time that We the People take the nation back from slave holders of corporate interests.

How many commercials has Trump been in bed with? He is a corporate sell out; Walmart killed thousands of US jobs home grown retailers and helped enslave children for labor around the world... increasing more and more toxic waste into the oceans and rivers of tomorrow. People flourish in private enterprise, not huge conglomerates stepping around on everyone as ants... holding everyone under microscopes of hate and corruption. Red tape after red tape of bureaucracy, there is no equality here, it is all show, pomp and circumstance. I don't know who this fellow is trying to impress with lies and illusions of all is well and good when it is a huge SNAFU rippling right under the surface.

Let's get to Mars reallly fast so we can do what? Carry the same nonsense? We already have nuclear waste there in the form of rovers.

You know if we took better care of this place; then it would develop just in the perfect amount of time to move... but oh no eat consume reproduce nom nom nom.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No there is not and the proof is Comey didn't do squat and basically said there was noting in his meeting with DJT. Hang on you lefties are in for a run through the ringer. The truth is prevailing and your Russia collusion story and whatever bs you try is falling on deaf ears due to the fact it is a solid lie.

Solid lie my ass.

Solid that Michsel Flynn was working as an undeclared paid agent of a foreign government when Trump appointed him as national security adviser.

Solid that Michael Flynn lied to federal authorities and Mike Pence about discussing sanctions with a Russian diplomat named Sergei Kislyak and got fired from his position as national security adviser over it.

Solid that Michael Flynn is now begging for immunity and invoking his fifth amendment rights.

Solid that both, Jeff Sessions & Jarred Kushner failed to list meetings they had with Kislyak when getting their Senate approval and/or security clearances.

Solid that Trump invited Sergei Kislyak, (same diplomat Flynn & Kushner lied about meeting with) and another Russian dignitary into the Oval Office and then reveals code word classified intelligence to them while giving access to Russian media and barring American media.

Probably Solid that Comey has detailed memos substantiating his claim that Trump tried to get him to let the Flynn investigation go. (Looks like we're gonna find out real soon)

Probably Solid that Coats and Rogers will testify that Trump ask them to push back against Russian collusion probe. (Looks like they're currently being subpoenaed too.)

Solid as hell that Trump fired James Comey, head of the FBI, while he's was conducting an investigation into possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

Solid as hell that Trump went on national tv and told Lester Holt that he fired Comey because he, (Trump) felt the Russian collusion probe was fake and that the FBI shouldn't be investigating it.

Probably Solid that he, (Trump) also told his Russian buddies in the Oval Office that he got rid of a lot of pressure when he fired Comey.

Probably Solid that Jarred Kushner attempted to set up secret communications between the Trump team & the Kremlin utilizing the communications networks of the Russian embassy.

Yeah, one big solid lie alright and they haven't even begun to follow the money trail yet.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Agreed. There is little to no chance of even starting the process of impeachment. The Obama administration had numerous scandals and the Republican HOR (and now Senate) made no official attempt to draw up articles of impeachment.

If Trump were to go down then Mike Pence would be in...that's not going to make Progressives happy at all (Trump is far more liberal-minded than Pence). Furthermore, if Trump were impeached and removed a good portion of the people in this country will see it for what it is...a political witchhunt. Despite his failings as a person, his supporters see Trump as anti-establishment and the political outsider they've been waiting for to take on the Washington power structure. Removing him will cause enormous civil unrest and further mistrust in Government.

It simply won't happen. The Progressives chances of taking back the White House will have to wait until 2020....and probably 2024....and by then I think Ivanka will be making her move to run as the first female president (with the exception being the effeminate Barack Obama).

edit on 1-6-2017 by wills120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

"Probably solid" used in this context is an oxymoron.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Hey - these blokes thumped my HOT TUB meme I posted on twitter a few months back.

I do believe you just earned another general star for your heroism during these meme wars!

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Feel free to replace it with "soon to be solid" if it makes you feel any better, because starting next Thursday we're gonna start getting some sworn testimony and memos.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Hey, now!!!! This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced. Bickering isn't going to fly......
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Alrighty then, so "if if if" and "allegedly said" had a baby named Partisanship, and you are now presenting this child to the world as proof that Trump should be impeached? How about we "impeach" the entire ruling class and concentrate on things that actually matter. You know, real things.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join