It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on small boat appreciated

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zimnydran
Strictly fishing.. on small lakes..... You have to consider things like... how long will you be going out at a time. Are you 100% certain you and your girlfriends idea of having a boat wont evolve? I can tell you from my personal experience... get something with a cutty cabin. Nothing like fishing for a few hours.....pulling up on shore and having a Bar-B-Q or docking at a restaurant/bar for dinner.....Later on do a little night fishing..... and then as the night draws to a close you guys head below and turn the seats into a bed.... maybe put on a movie and get rocked gently to sleep by the waves... then ya get up, head over to the restaurant to get coffee and breakfast..... buy some more bait.... start all over.

I used to live next to a Marina in Norway and went boat fishing. You definitely want something with a roof - either shade from the Sun or shelter from a sudden downpour. There's nothing like riding out a thunderstorm in a waterproof cabin. Having some sleeping areas is even better. You can spend the entire weekend away from home.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
To bad I live in Canada down by Lake Superior in Ontario I have a 12ft aluminum with a 2hp motor asking $500 but he'll it would prolly cost more to ship it sorry man gl on your hunt
edit on 30-5-2017 by wazzman because: Sending a pic with ut hopefully i can

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
12 ft. Flat bottom aluminum boat with a 4hp trolling motor. Stable, big enough for 2, and easily hauled around in a truck. I live in South Puget Sound and my buddy uses that set up for lakes. I work at a Marina and most of the guys there fish the Sound in 14 to 16ft boats with as low as a 9.9.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
Advice on small boat appreciated

Cheap aluminum canoe.
Motor mount for small outboard and you're off.
Don't forget the 'herb' and a lighter! *__-

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

Canoes are 1 person friendly not to mention the difficulty manoevering if you snag a big one!

Check out the hobie range if that is your thang ... 😎👍

Again ... check out polycraft ( If you are cashed up check the Riviera range )
Horses for courses ...
www.polycraft.com.au...

👍
edit on 31-5-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2017 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Canoes are 1 person friendly not to mention the difficulty manoevering if you snag a big one!

They can accommodate 2 people without difficulty.
And, yes, they require some skill and technique (as do all craft).
I usually don't snag big ones because the guy in the front can see!
I'm just the power!
I'm not selling anything, just answering the question.
Yeah, cats are cool, also.
Crewed on 'Tiki', gaff-rigged schooner in Carib.
But a canoe in it's place is Paradise.
So was the Carib! *__-

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Just being on the water is a blast !

I spent a week on the Great Barrier Reef on a bareback charter ... wow !

Tight lines !

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I really appreciate all the replies!

I'm taking a weird route. Realized I have a tendency to overdo stuff and waste $ before I know I'm actually into it. Ordered an inexpensive inflatable that I've seen get good reviews to make sure this is something I want to stick with. The closest lake (.25 miles away) has a number of people going out on FAR worse than the one I picked up. Thing has a motor mount, oarlocks, rod holders and is cheap enough that I won't be (overly) pissed if popped.

Girlfriend also thought this was the best idea, and that my spending a few thousand would have been stupid without us trying it out first. We're both strong swimmers, but of course will grab some life vests. We figure worst case scenario it will be a way more enjoyable float toy, and best case will be something we can mess around on for a few years.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Just being on the water is a blast !

I spent a week on the Great Barrier Reef on a bareback charter ... wow !

Tight lines !

That sounds GREAT!!
I do miss it. A son just bought a sailboat and is fixing it up. Maybe someday.. *__-

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Bucket list it ...

edit on 16-6-2017 by Timely because: Android issues

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Bucket list it ...

Honestly, I have no 'bucket list' at all, and I am older than dirt! *__-

top topics