It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Dotcom's lawyers just sent a letter to special counsel Robert Mueller regarding Seth Rich

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: drock905
www.scoop.co.nz...

"In accordance with his previous statement on this matter, Kim Dotcom’s solicitors in New Zealand have today sent the following letter to Robert Mueller, Special Counsel appointed to investigate interference with the 2016 United States presidential election and related matters"

It appears that Kim Dotcom may actually be telling the truth that he has evidence directly connecting Seth Rich with the DNC leaks. He actually followed through with having his legal team contact Robert Mueller. If he was lying he's certainly putting himself out there...

Putting himself out there as opposed to what?

He is a criminal wanted in multiple countries and currently fighting extradition to the United States.

He has also faked emails, records etc. in his past stunts..

Be that as it may, if he has evidence we should all want to see it. I doubt he has, to be honest, which is why I think he should go away or step up the plate.
edit on 30/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: BlueAjah
The author of the letter:

ANDERSON CREAGH LAI LIMITED

They are a real law firm:
www.acllaw.co.nz...

Phil Creagh
Director

So, I am pretty sure the letter came from them, or they would be screaming by now at the use of their identity.

I reckon he has indeed sent the letter, but what are the real chances that it will be acted upon? I mean seriously, if he had actually sent some evidence to get people interested in what he has, then Mueller might bite, but just some letter from a a person indicted for crimes is not going to get actioned in my view. KimDotCom should really put up or shut up.

I can't treat this as anything other than gossip until there is some clear evidence.
There are too many people trying to gain limelight, clicks and readers from the Trump phenomenon to believe anything we see without some proof.

If someone is going to submit evidence to law enforcement, and wants it to be taken seriously for use in a legal matter, the absolutely WRONG thing to do would be to post the evidence publicly.

The fact that he is doing this right adds credibility.

But why has he not provided the evidence to Mueller? His letter says he wants to come and present it in person? Why? He could have written a letter, attached his evidence to it, and then went public that he has provided the evidence and it is with Mueller. Hanging out for an audience makes me think his motives are not sincere -either looking for publicity or trying to do some kind of deal on his current indictment.
edit on 30/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

The reason is almost certainly is because if he sends the evidence without them wanting it:
#1: It would tarnish the chain of custody of the evidence. If some mail clerk opens it, then it becomes useless.
#2: He wants to be sure that if he is called to testify that he is not arrested on the other charges.

When evidence is turned over to police, it is actually usually a pretty formal thing.
They make it a very obvious step as you hand it to them, often in the presence of a witness or attorney.

edit on 5/30/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
So he's willing to make this and just about everything else in his life public, but not the evidence itself.

Why?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

www.scoop.co.nz...

"In accordance with his previous statement on this matter, Kim Dotcom’s solicitors in New Zealand have today sent the following letter to Robert Mueller, Special Counsel appointed to investigate interference with the 2016 United States presidential election and related matters"

It appears that Kim Dotcom may actually be telling the truth that he has evidence directly connecting Seth Rich with the DNC leaks. He actually followed through with having his legal team contact Robert Mueller. If he was lying he's certainly putting himself out there...

He is a criminal wanted in multiple countries and currently fighting extradition to the United States.

Be that as it may, if he has evidence we should all want to see it. I doubt he has, to be honest, which is why I think he should go away or step up the plate.

My point is that he has done this before...Started a hype campaign that he had evidence that the PM of New Zealand was part of a conspiracy with "Hollywood" to persecute him and he teased "evidence" for months until he had a big "reveal"...which turned out to be a presumably fake email from a Sony executive to the PM of New Zealand..an email that everyone pretty much agreed was a fakery by "Dotcom" because he couldn't provide any IPs, tracking, code, provenance or verification that he didn't simply write the document himself and hit print...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

the guy is off his rocker...has somewhere over a Billion dollars squirrelled away..He has a tonnage of lawyers doing all kinds of stuff for him. Having a lawyer send a letter does not lend credibility to anything, it just means he has money to hire lawyers to send letters..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

www.scoop.co.nz...

My point is that he has done this before...Started a hype campaign that he had evidence that the PM of New Zealand was part of a conspiracy with "Hollywood" to persecute him and he teased "evidence" for months until he had a big "reveal"...which turned out to be a presumably fake email from a Sony executive to the PM of New Zealand..an email that everyone pretty much agreed was a fakery by "Dotcom" because he couldn't provide any IPs, tracking, code, provenance or verification that he didn't simply write the document himself and hit print...

I don't trust him either. If he provides a load of fabricated baloney to Mueller then I am confident that it will be seen for what it is. Evidence means something tangible, not just his word on something.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: [post=22292771]UKTruth

Seeing as Dotcom has had a few dozen high priced lawyers fighting his extradition to the US (and other countries) for years now...I suspect Mueller's response will be "Interesting evidence!..How about you catch a flight to DC so we can discuss it?"

edit on 30-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: uncommitted

Judicial watch seems 50/50 to me, I'm not totally sold on them. They seem to do good but also seem pretty right wing biased.

They did the foia request on the IRS scandal in 2015 right?

And a Federal Judge forced Presidential Candidate Hillary Clinton to answer 24 direct questions from Judicial Watch attorneys, in writing, regarding her e-mails, security precautions, and other things..approx. Oct 2016. She was granted 2 time extensions, due to passing out and the flu. Finally answered 21 of them with "I can't recall", or something that effect.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Majic

So that he doesn't get suicided?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: rickymouse

Because it's fake .

That's why they'll ignore it.
You can think what you like but the reason they will ignore this story is because it's complete nonsense.
Actually...They've been covering this conspiracy theory angle not as a real story but as one of those alt right stories.

Actually they are not all ignoring this, it is popping up on MSM and also on the European media. Here I thought they were going to ignore it.

So just because you, a person who seems to be a far left liberal in your posts,do not accept the evidence...then it is fake.

I actually know quite a few people like you in my life around here, they are either far right or far left and they will not consider anything that goes against their beliefs. I am a yooper, usually I argue with the stout Republicans more up here, I do not go in the same circles as the far left do.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

LOL you said critical thinking skills in almost the same breath as "I know I'm right, because I FEEL it" lol. Here, allow me to put what you said about how you know you're right into real world words...

"I FEEL I'm right and no one else thinks I'm right, so I know I'm right, which really means I'm full of # and REALLY don't want this to be true, so I'll shout down anyone who doesn't agree with me and tell them they don'ts have da critical thinkin' skillz..."

LOL

Jaden

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

For someone who says they have developed critical thinking and logic skills... you sure seem to be blind to your own logical fallacies... and worse... LOL

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If that bozo didn't wanna get "suicided" as you call it, he would simply have sent the relevant information to D.C. anonymously and not made such a public spectacle of himself, and let the authorities deem whether or not it was worthy of further investigation.

Whether or not he has any valid information (he doesn't but lets pretend in the same way we pretend the country is being run efficiently) isn't even paramount any longer. He may get whacked simply because he drew the heat on himself unnecessarily. But fame does have it's costs.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Being in exclusive possession of evidence of the kind Dotcom is claiming to have provides a reason to "suicide" him.

That's why keeping it secret doesn't make sense, if his claims are true.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

Being in exclusive possession of evidence of the kind Dotcom is claiming to have provides a reason to "suicide" him.

I'm a conservative and am highly suspicious of the why's and wherefore's of the Seth Rich killing, but I too am somewhat reluctant to go all-in on Mr. Dotcom. I've been around the interwebs long enough to know that this guy is a little sketchy at best.

That being said, as Mr. Dotcom has retained legal counsel, I think it's a safe bet that any proprietary information he might have in this matter would not die with him. If there are those out there who would do him harm, they certainly know that.

Honestly, this whole Seth Rich thing is starting to play out like a Cohen Brothers movie...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic

excellent point. If he is fully in possession of facts that would end the Russian Hacking conspiracy, his life is in danger the entire time he HAS NOT released the info. Once the facts are out, killing him would look a tiny bit suspicious. Unless of course it was a botched robbery.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Someplace around here is a link to an article out of NZ which counters some of the criticism against Kim. Apparently he was crucified by the media with distorted facts. (if you can believe the media would actually do that!
)
I hunted for the link, and will look again later.

Some are claiming Kim's sordid past as a criminal as a reason not to believe him. If you think about that... it is his sordid past that makes it more likely that he would be involved in something like this. He had the means, the contacts, and is the type of person to do something this drastic.

Kim certainly has motive. He HATES Clintons and the US government for what they did to his life.

Kim knew that WikiLeaks was going to take down Clinton long before anything was posted there. He stated this on-line and in interviews.

All of this results in my decision to give him the benefit of the doubt. He seems to be doing this right through lawyers. I am going to patiently wait to see what happens.

edit on 5/30/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

In this day and age of fake news, verifiable facts are really the only thing anyone needs to be paying attention to. (IMHO)
If he has them, super, if not, go home Kim, your drunk.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The Least Common Denominator

originally posted by: SBMcG
That being said, as Mr. Dotcom has retained legal counsel, I think it's a safe bet that any proprietary information he might have in this matter would not die with him. If there are those out there who would do him harm, they certainly know that.

That assumes the evidence isn't destroyed along with the witness(es). A well-timed plane crash, an office burglary or two and some quietly conveyed death threats against the family and friends of associated attorneys aren't necessarily beyond the means of some of the potential suspects in Seth Rich's murder.

And therein lies the rub.

Kim Dotcom is publicly claiming exclusive possession of evidence related to an unsolved murder that, if true, could potentially expose the people responsible for that murder. That gives those murderers a reason to silence him to keep that evidence from being used against them.

Why take such an unnecessary risk? But aside from all that, what sort of person keeps to himself evidence that might help solve a murder?

What bugs me about this story is if we take it at face value, Kim Dotcom is either jeopardizing the solution of a murder case by concealing evidence, potentially withholding that evidence as a bargaining chip, or he's just plain lying to capitalize on Seth Rich's death.

Missing from the equation so far is any motivation on his part that isn't patently despicable.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join