It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opinions on areas and people that give off creepy vibes and make you feel uncomfortable.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've met a few people, at different points, that gave off a star ge vibe. Like a vibe that something wasn't right, that gut feeling when your boy tells you to leave or get away quickly. So what's your opinion on them? Just a bad reading on the person, or follow your instinct and leave. Personally I've always followed my gut, I feel that the gut feeling is always worth following.

Apart from that, have any places ever just creeper you out for no reason? Just the instant feeling of impending doom? Growing up in Ireland, I've been to many old places with deep history to it, and a few times I've felt a bad air around it. Now these are places I've no known info on other than its old. Do you think past experience's can make areas have residual negativity attacked to it?

edit on 29 5 2017 by TheFatedOutsider because: (no reason given)

edit on 29 5 2017 by TheFatedOutsider because: Soeeeellllling

edit on 29 5 2017 by TheFatedOutsider because: Spelling...dammit

Edit: thought I would mention a time...
A few years ago, it was late at night, maybe about 4am I the morning. I was walking to a 24 store to grab a drink (hate tap water, tastes terrible where I live) so I notice this old man, walking very slowly. Initially thought he was drunk, but soon realised he was mimicking my speed while walking. Initially I walked slow, as I didn't know who it was out late at night. When I would speed up walying so did he so I stopped and walked slow as hell, so he did also. Orignarly I thought someone was just taking the piss. When I eventually walked by, he was looking extremely intense at me. Now I was creeped out, but I'm 6'1 and built and can handle myself so I while creeped, I didn't feel threatened.
I looked back once or twice, and the weird part was he had stopped walking. I kept checking untul I went into the store. So maybe 5 min later, I'm walking back...
He is still standing still, I'm at this point over feeling weird. More just thinking he is either mentally unstable or just trying to mess with me.
I walk past him, my back to him at this stage. And I hear him walking again. The same pace again. So I stop and pretend to check my phone. He stop's top. So I turned and look at him, he is looking intensely at me. I start to feel uneasy. So I just walk fast and end up going a random route to not let him know where I live. About 20 mins later I get home, and as I'm walking up stairs(live in apt) I see out the window and in the far distance I can see the dude, his back. He is standing still. My halls lights are off and he didn't follow me and didn't know I was there. Was creepy, genuinely creepy. His face was lifeless, and eyes were alost black, but I could see small areas of white. All in all, creepy
edit on 30 5 2017 by TheFatedOutsider because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TheFatedOutsider

Definitely, areas where evil deeds have happened tend to absorb that energy, and the evil remains there, and it can have power within that environment there, and be felt. Spooky stuff.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

yes 100%

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Definitely, areas where evil deeds have happened tend to absorb that energy, and the evil remains there, and it can have power within that environment there, and be felt. Spooky stuff.
you think that? I kunderstand of do, but surely if this was true, wouldn't most areas have negative energy at this point by now?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Now these are places I've no known info on other than its old. Do you think past experience's can make areas have residual negativity attacked to it?
For sure, everyplace holds a vibe its history its lives, not only that a vibe can condition a person to want to repeat the history it holds. Unless something is done to balance that memory or experience the vibe can just go on and on and on.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I don't get the creeps very often, but when I do there's definitely a reason.
Move away from the uneasy emanations.
Or at the least put your guard up.
There's always a reason you're getting weird vibes.

Some people think it's an ancient part of the brain that used to alert us to various types of predators.

edit on 5/30/17 by GENERAL EYES because: edit to correct minor grammar error

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheFatedOutsider

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

you think that? I kunderstand of do, but surely if this was true, wouldn't most areas have negative energy at this point by now?

Most areas do indeed have some negative energy around them. Most inhabited areas. Also many abandoned areas do. The swamps in the everglades are said to be like that and are over run with python snakes. There were roving murdering renegades that used that area and tons of unknown murders and bodies have been dumped there, and found later. The government tried to get rid of the snakes but were unable to do it, as if a force wanted the snakes to be there as a sign of the evil that has happened there. The python is supposed to be an ancient symbol of evil. (just some things I have heard and read about).

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
I don't get the creeps very often, but when I do there's definitely a reason.
Move away from the uneasy emanations.
Or at the least put your guard up.
There's always a reason you'r getting weird vibes.

Some people think it's an ancient part of the brain that used to alert us to various types of predators.
yeah. I tend to follow my gut instinct

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Might be like a weird behavior I have noticed in Florida.

I call it "sheep syndrome"

I notice they do it driving and on foot when moving. They act zoned out like they can't make a decision.

Like following you into your driveway, then realizing it.

OR unknowingly following you into a store right to the same spot you are looking at.

It is bizarro

And there are always the criminal and rapey type people with bad intentions out there, those vibes are usually pretty obvious.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Yes, I think they've been taken over...and it's been going on a while...

Lost all normality here these days....act accordingly huh?

a reply to: Mandroid7

edit on 30-5-2017 by GBP/JPY because: Talk to Jesus, He will talk back!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I saw the movie "Table 19" yesterday (drama/comedy) and there was a character called "Walter" in it who radiated an INTENSE creepy emotion.

First I thought that he was a pedophile or another person who would want to come really, really, REALLY close to you to speak with you, but he was convicted of another (much more harmless) crime which I do not intend to spoil

Creepy people are those who stare. Terry Pratchett once wrote in one of his first Discworld books (The Light Fantastic) there are people who are staring at your left ear while talking to you. This is definitely creepy. Stop that.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I thought you were talking about California, DC or some other liberal strong hold. Those places give me the creeps.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Snowbirds get that from the humidity and retirees have a similar slowing syndrome as well. I was mowed down by shopping carts in pretty much every Winn Dixie and Publix.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I don't scare easy, some of the usually deemed creepy places are fun to explore-such as St. Augustine, Fl my first visit to my first overwhelmingly haunted historic city. Though, yeah at night, have to be more careful, from swamps to woods.

Older building and locations have a feeling to them, but not always creepy. Hospitals have that cold sterile feeling the busy ones are overwhelmed with energy live and dead. That's a given however.

Creepy vibes don't have to be limited to perceived places. I've been in Dept. stores that turned out to be built over cemeteries or very close by that had an off feeling about them.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Highway Hypnosis:

Highway hypnosis, also known as white line fever, is a mental state in which a person can drive a truck or other automobile great distances, responding to external events in the expected, safe and correct manner with no recollection of having consciously done so. In this state, the driver's conscious mind is apparently fully focused elsewhere, while seemingly still processing the information needed to drive safely. Highway hypnosis is a manifestation of the common process of automaticity, where the conscious and subconscious minds are able to concentrate on different things.

Disappointingly, I have been guilty of this myself, both in driving and in walking. It's actually kind of a scary thing, if you truly think about it, but I guess if something has become so mundane and second-nature, like driving and walking, at some point it almost becomes an unconscious behavior, like breathing and blinking.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hahaha...you and I both know that Cincinnati isn't a whole lot better

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I thought you were talking about California, DC or some other liberal strong hold. Those places give me the creeps.

Actually, I am creeped out by people with such a narrow set of blinders that everything they hear is processed as a political statement and regurgitated accordingly. Sad, but, ya...creepy, too!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think it was in 1980 we were in California doing some business talks with James Brown (yep the god father of soul himself) ... James wanted to have a custom made guitar for his long time friend and guitar player in his band. The best custom guy (word of mouth) was found and as he was turned away from me I approached him and started to reach out as I introduced myself. It was like there was a dark force field around this guy and it was all I could do to not step back away from him. Finally, time frames, and cost were discussed and another meeting was arranged.. The second meeting never happened because the guy had been killed that very day we had first met... I think he was shot but it has been so long ago I may be wrong... Either way though he ended up dead and I have never had that feeling, since then, with anyone.. Weird

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My kinda thread
I shall never forget this,even 33 years later it Still creeps me out whenever i think of it:

When i was 19 yo i had an older boyfriend,Neill,who was a rep for a well known international cosmetics company.I met him when i was working in a pharmacy.We were together for almost 2 years,but before we moved in together,he lived with a guy named Wesley in an old art deco style apartment building in Mouille Point,a beachfront area just outside Cape Town.

Then him and Wes gave up the apartment,he got transferred to Durban,another coastal city in my country,where i went with him.Iirc correctly Wes moved in with his girlfriend but the apartment was empty by that evening we went there.Neill had to enter through the side door,by the kitchen next to the fire stairs to drop off his set of the keys inside for the estate agent.

So we entered through the kitchen door by the fire stairs.He seemed to pause there,and i said,gimme the keys,i'll drop em on the shelf thingy.This built in convenience shelf close to the front door,deeper into he apartment.

As i started walking towards the shelf in the semi darkness,i started getting this feeling of tremendous danger.It was a really primal sort of feeling like there was a serious and horrible threat or presence just meters away round the corner in the lounge area.

But here's the thing -although i was consumed by dread,i felt the need to go in there and out to the adjacent balcony.I can to this day not tell you why but it was like i was Drawn.I've thought about this so many times through the years,wondering why i would second-guess myself so badly and then i realised i was being Drawn deeper into the apartment.

Suddenly Neill shouted with this tone of fear and urgency: "xxx Come here,we have to get out of here NOW!!" That snapped me out of it,the utter fear in his voice and realising that he felt the danger too,so i flung the keys down,rushed back to him.He practically shoved me out the kitchen door,slammed the door and we bolted down the fire steps.

At one of the floors below we entered a hallway and took the elevator to ground floor.We were saying to each other over and over WTHELL was THAT,what Was that?!?? He was as white as a sheet and very shaken,we were so freaked out that we felt traumatised.

I asked him later,if he had any idea what could have caused that primal fear and made us flee like we were running from a monstrous danger.He said he cannot be sure but that he thinks it was because Wesley was evil.Wes was not evil though,imo,a bit of a womanising d-bag but not evil or a satanist or anything like that.I left it at that,though,i did not even want to think of it again.

But i do think of it still,33 years later and it Still gives me a horrible feeling,even now as i type.

edit on 30-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

edit on 30-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And then there was the house i grew up in. Since first memory around age 3yo i felt so Threatened in that house. I was an abused child,my adoptive mother was mentally unstable,not a conventional adoption,mine,the usual checkups were bypassed by the man who gave me to them. But this was on another level,this was like Supernatural abuse.Always these looming menacing hostile presences looming over me,i am an empath and mildly psychic so it was Hell for me there. I am also an abductee and i have memories of abductions occurring in childhood in that house. But it was neither the abuse nor the abductions that caused the fear in that house,it was Sensing them looming over me,where ever i was,inside. When my mother would send me to,say,get something from the lounge,even from age 3/4,i would sing little songs to myself,or make funny sounds,playing silly buggers as lil kids do - because i felt it was absolutely imperative they not Know how keenly i could sense them,the hostile presences.I just felt it was crucial that i Never let on to them that they were so terrifying and that i knew they were there.So i tried to act "normal" and like i was oblivious to their presence.

As i got to be an older kid i learnt that our house was built on an old graveyard. The wall on one side of our house was a deconsecrated old church. The company used it for storage. There was a thin strip of land between our house and the church of the poison mind,which my parents used for a chicken run and one of our veg gardens.To just describe,we lived on the premises of the company my dad worked for most of his life,in the backstreets of a suburb of Cape Town.Now that church..OMabsoluteFG..

My dad had a key to the small side door,he had to go check something inside once in a while,idk what. I always followed him around like a puppy whenever he was home,which was not often,he worked on the company's farm 100 miles or so away,as their farm manager. But when he entered through that door,i never followed,not even once. I would dawdle around outside the open door,waiting for him to finish whatever he was doing already.

I cannot even describe in human words what i felt seeping from inside there. Such an evil,toxic vibe,but also one of "evil,maniacal capering glee" - a phrase i read in a book once.I cannot find the right words though,i don't think they exist. And then i heard my father mention about trouble with the workers,through the years,how they would refuse on pain of being fired even,to enter that old church.Because they saw faces up in the walls.

Once i was playing with a ball,there was a window in one part of the church,which fronted the part of the property next to our house,just meters away.I was bouncing a ball off the wall,and a few times it bounced against the window. The glass had a pattern in,like the raised mottled glass type thing,you can still see through,but not quite as clearly as plain glass.Then i saw suddenly from behind the glass, this pitch,Pitchblack hand attached to a long, impossibly thin pitchblack arm reach to touch the glass. I just Froze. But only for a few seconds then i bolted back home.Never played ball there again i can tell you

My dad was working in the veg garden adjacent to the church once when i was a kiddie,and dug up a human skull. I was Fascinated,you know how kids are. He took it to a man he knew,i went along, guy had whole room full of human skulls on shelves.

When i was 16,we moved to another house on the same block but this song made me think of that church when it came out
That house had it's share of supernatural events too but it did not creep me out. That whole block was wonky in the extreme. Although my song would have been titled "The church of the bullying,terrifying demonic presences" Not so catchy but more true.

edit on 30-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: added

edit on 30-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-5-2017 by Raxoxane because: spelling

top topics

<<   2 >>

join