It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will We Know The Long War On Terror Is Over

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
When Will We Know The Long War On Terror Is Over?

What we are doing in the ME makes absolutely no sense to me. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. The US has been dropping bombs for 16 years now. It's estimated 2,000,000 Arabs have been killed or have died since 9/11. The US dropped 23,000 bombs in 2015. The US dropped 26,000 bombs in 2016.

By what measure to we judge success or failure with the war on terror? Please, only honest sincere answers. How will we know????

edit on 29-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It will never be over.

It's not supposed to end.

Perpetual warfare to perpetuate the military-industrial complex.

Islamic Terrorism might end but they'll be another form, maybe the Communists will make a big resurgence. After them another enemy, then another enemy, and so on ad infinitum.

Not to mention that many of the terrorist organisations the West are at war with are directly supported by the Intelligence forces of those countries.

It's the greatest scam ever perpetrated in human history.
edit on -050010pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
When the lion lays down with the lamb,

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Exactly. Only thing thats gonna stop war on terror is a giant asteroid

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Three never end opinions. If it's never going to end what's the effin point of it all??? There's just no point to it. There are just as many terrorists today as in 2001.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If not a whole crapload bunch more of em

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

The real questions you should be asking is how bad? how depraved? how utterly absurd and inhuman things are going to get, because it is never going to go away.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When its no longer profitable to kill women and children for oil.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
When Will We Know The Long War On Terror Is Over?

Have you not heard, did you not read?

“The past was alterable. The past never had been altered. Oceania was at war with Eastasia. Oceania had always been at war with Eastasia.”

And we will always be at war with Eastasia.

You need to read the book again (assuming you've read it the first time).

What we are doing in the ME makes absolutely no sense to me. Arabs have been killing Arabs for thousands of years. The US has been dropping bombs for 16 years now. It's estimated 2,000,000 Arabs have been killed or have died since 9/11. The US dropped 23,000 bombs in 2015. The US dropped 26,000 bombs in 2016.

By what measure to we judge success or failure with the war on terror? Please, only honest sincere answers. How will we know????

Asking questions is almost as bad as thinking for yourself. Be very careful.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
As long as there's money and power to be made somewhere it will continue. Some of us, our whole lifetimes this country has been in war. This time around the money making with wars doesn't benefit the citizens as it did in the past as it's how WWII(and yes the US should have been involved) was said to end the Great Depression.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
When oil is made irrelevant.
Then it will be ignored like Africa.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Nice 1984 reference. The Department of Defense is really the Department of Offense.

Thinking about everyone who has died in war this day makes me really wonder what is the USA military doing in the world.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I think they judge success in tax dollars syphoned off and guaranteeing access to oil..

When will it be over???

Never...maybe???

They are presently making more terrorists than they are killing so.....

When does that end??

Every civilian casualty and prob a quarter of the terrorists killed in the conflicts has created a handful of terrorists..

Mom , dad, brother, uncle , God parent...

Or whatever other mix of , I'm guessing 4 people who loved the victim enough to risk their own lives to take action...

So unless we are killing about 6/1 terrorists to civilians we are losing ground...

So unless we are going genocide, I got nuthin...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
It will never be over.

It's not supposed to end.

Perpetual warfare to perpetuate the military-industrial complex.

Islamic Terrorism might end but they'll be another form, maybe the Communists will make a big resurgence. After them another enemy, then another enemy, and so on ad infinitum.

Not to mention that many of the terrorist organisations the West are at war with are directly supported by the Intelligence forces of those countries.

It's the greatest scam ever perpetrated in human history.

Meanwhile, the thread full of Hillary's dank meme cache is popping with popularity.

Man, I miss these types of posts.

Preach.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Same time as the war on drugs.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Israeli Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

I just can't talk about Hillary or Trump. I don't care about the Russian thing.

I just don't watch the news anymore. There's nothing they talk about that ever has anything to do with my life in any meaningful way. Other than they want to get rid of social security I don't really pay attention much.

I hope this is a good thread. Endless war kind of bothers me. I think money would be better spent rebuilding America rather than destroying the ME. AMERICA FIRST ALWAYS!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   
When ex-muslims are as accepted by muslim countries as gays are in the western countries.

Currently being ex-muslims is a death sentence in the Muslims world.

When that changes so will the tide in this war on terrorism.

edit on 29-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

When the world is destroyed by nuclear bombs probably. But then again we'll all be dead and won't technically "know" it's over.

Terrorism is a big business, I don't see it going away anytime soon unfortunately. If there's no boogeyman then the MIC goes under and that can't happen.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: RomeByFire

I just can't talk about Hillary or Trump. I don't care about the Russian thing.

I just don't watch the news anymore. There's nothing they talk about that ever has anything to do with my life in any meaningful way. Other than they want to get rid of social security I don't really pay attention much.

I hope this is a good thread. Endless war kind of bothers me. I think money would be better spent rebuilding America rather than destroying the ME. AMERICA FIRST ALWAYS!!

I feel bad for anyone who actually watches the news. My parents religiously watch FOX and anytime I'm visiting they mimic what many on ATS have to say.

When it comes to the mainstream media (including beloved right-wing leaning outlets), they're not interested in journalism and integrity. They are paid actors and actresses repeating what they're told to repeat, and tens of millions of Americans tune in each day to "keep up with events," or whatever they're excuse is to watch the "news."

Many people think watching/reading the news makes one "informed," I believe in the exact opposite. Watching the news to be "informed," as about the same as watching the NBA to practice your jump-shot.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join