It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should white chefs sell burritos? A Portland food cart’s revealing controversy.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
So under the intent of his policy wouldn't it be homophobic for a straight guy to cook a gay guys cake? I mean shouldn't it be cooked by a gay?

This gets too confusing.

No, it would be illegal for the straight guy to sell a cake to a gay guy, if cooked in a gay manner, or if the recipe came from another gay man. If it were a straight recipe, from a straight man... that's ok... unless they insist on a gay cake. If the straight guy cannot bake a gay cake, then he is in violation of the law.

Looks clear cut to me...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

My question is why are they tipping their hand so hard right now?

What do they know that they jumped forward by 10 years with their plan? After all this is about incrementalism.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: seasonal
Houston, we have a problem

I guess the solution is more specific employee hiring qualification.

i.e. Looking for fry cooks who can provide proof of being born in Kentucky to Italian and Hispanic parents.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I think there is an opportunity for a business here.

Ethnic credits.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

So under the intent of his policy wouldn't it be homophobic for a straight guy to cook a gay guys cake? I mean shouldn't it be cooked by a gay?

This gets too confusing.

No, it would be illegal for the straight guy to sell a cake to a gay guy, if cooked in a gay manner, or if the recipe came from another gay man. If it were a straight recipe, from a straight man... that's ok... unless they insist on a gay cake. If the straight guy cannot bake a gay cake, then he is in violation of the law.

Looks clear cut to me...

What does a gay cake even supposed to look like? What happens if the bakers right leg identifies as gay but the other parts are still straight?

+13 more 
link   
So let me get this straight: people are protesting white businesses profiting from selling cuisine that may or may not have come from other cultures, and encouraging customers to eat at non-white restaurants.
But yet these same people call for illegal immigrants to sneak into the country, receive free healthcare, education and government handouts, and that's perfectly OK. These same people call for Europe to allow in African and Middle Eastern refugees, who are given free money and housing at the expense of Europeans, and that's perfectly OK.

This is just more proof that diversity and multiculturalism are veiled anti-white racism aimed at destroying white civilization. I can guarantee you that these people won't say a peep about how Japan is all Asian or Mexico is all Hispanic... But god forbid a white-owned restaurant sells a burrito! Evil whites! They want diversity until that same diversity includes whites, and then they protest and demand whites not be included.

link   
This world is becoming a joke.

Next it will be house checks to see if you are cooking mexican or cajun.

Maybe because this is so stupid it will tip the cart and put an end to this nonsense

link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

This gets too confusing.

Looks clear cut to me...

I dont know if youve ever had a gay cake but let me tell you...there is a significant taste difference.

A gay cake tastes like theres a parade happening in your mouth!

I tried it in college - dont judge me!

edit on 2447x6724America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: madmac5150

I think there is an opportunity for a business here.

Ethnic credits.

There certainly is... if you are genderless, colorless, atheist and devoid of any semblance of free thought or humor.

+6 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Apparently Portland is unaware many Mexicans have white skin.

I thought the left wanted to celebrate diversity and part of that being one another's culture and food. I'm sure if the opposite happened, a white chef came out and said "I'm not cooking #ing burritos, I'll stick with French cuisine thank you very much" that they'd complain he's a racist for not cooking Mexican food.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
it would be the exact demographic they think they are trying to protect in this attack.

They're not trying to protect anyone, they're just trying to attack white businesses by encouraging people not to eat at them.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I just ordered a burrito

Not another transgender bathroom thread....

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Please tell me that we have not reached the bottom of the pit of sanity.

Who falls for this madness?

How the hell have we become so damn gullible and so damn brainwashed. What next BS are they going to sell the masses on?

I don't think I can take anymore. Bring on the aliens.

link   
I'll confess online, because I think the time is right.

I once ate sushi, and I'm not Asian.

I ate a burrito once and I'm not Hispanic.

Don't ask me about gay cakes.

link   
It sounds like people were upset that the two ladies were bragging about stealing the tortilla recipe in Mexico when the local women wouldn't share it.

I don't believe they hurt those Mexicans though. If anything, they promote them.

link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Only if you are white, the story did mention that it is whites taking culture from colored people.

So I would think it would be whites that need doors kicked in by peace officers enforcing mandatory diversity and cultural sensitivity.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Been waiting on more info., still the same apparently with no proof of what these women have been accused of in stealing the recipes from another restaurant-additional info. Yet they have been closed up, and even had death threats over cultural appropriation claims going beyond claimed accusations.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I might look white but I actually identify as a Velociraptor. Yeah.

Checkmate regressives.

Now I'm free to start my dinosaur-themed burrito stand in Portland, Oregon.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
History is nothing but cultural appropriation.

It's nuts how some people have this bug up their butt about this stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join