It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Detecting in Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   
You have to watch this video my friends. Aquachigger is well known between detectorists, he just posted his last adventure. It's like a little "Woodstock" for detectorists. I don't want to ruin the surprise, enjoy.

Great way to show Russians are just like us, not the evil people mass media and liberals want us to believe.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

gotta be careful with some of the stuff over there. id suggest bringing a geiger counter along since they used alot of nasty stuff for very mundane things and just left it lying about.

i agree with you on the russian people though. they are very much like us. i work with some that migrated over here a few years back and they are great people who are just as sick of the tired hateful propaganda spewed by their govt. they see through the lies and just want to move on aswell. they do love their vodka though. i get a call occasionally from them after theyve had a few drinks telling me how much they love me and how grateful they are for the work i send there way. its hilarious to hear big burly men acting like soft cuddly teddy bears. im equally grateful for just how hard they work, something thats hard to find in a worker these days.
edit on 29-5-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The Russians themselves are decent people, at least most of them. Just like us they have their overpowering pushy people and their cons and crooks.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
Great way to show Russians are just like us, not the evil people mass media and liberals want us to believe.

I personally have not detected that sentiment, but clearly you read another mass media than me. The Russian government is autocratic, belligerent, anti-democratic, corrupt and a whole bunch of other things, but hey.

I imagine Russia has some very rich sites for metal detectors to look at. Probably quite a few undiscovered mass graves along railway lines, but also going back through time.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Russian people are mostly great.

Russian government and state systems are corrupt and anti-democratic almost beyond measure. Try getting anything done in Russia without having to pay out bribes to every official you encounter.

Russian people deserve much better systems than they have.

We live in a weird world where there's folks that believe liberals are pushing the idea that Russians are evil.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Thanks, Truman, enjoyed the video probably more than a typical ATS visitor as I've been an avid detectorist, as the Brits calls us, for decades. The human interest side of the Russian people was interesting.

I've changed batteries in my unit and ready to get out there as time permits.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I am very happy to know that you decided to hunt again. Great news!

new topics

top topics

join