It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman who called ICE assaulted by other congressman

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Video of the "attack" is here at Texas Tribune.

Looks like a heated verbal exchange that led to a little pushing. Nothing to write home about. Should have choke slammed him. Republicans love them some choke-slamming politicians, amiright?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Learned from Al Franken.

Though accounts of the fracas vary, the beefy comedian essentially bearhugged, then brought down an agitated Lyndon LaRouche supporter who screamed Mr. Dean was “a liar” from the back of the Palace Theatre in Manchester, where the Democratic presidential hopeful took questions.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Re: www.foxnews.com...

This entire "Sanctuary City" thing is bullchit. If you are illegally here THERE IS NO SANCTUARY. YOU GO BACK HOME OR GO TO JAIL... nah forget jail. U.S. Taxpayers are on the hook then. YOU GO BACK HOME VOLUNTARILY, OR WE TAKE YOU THERE. PERIOD! (You can apply to immigrate here legally, or wait until the USA elects a lunatic "open borders" President.)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The new Demodrome !!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You know I don't agree with the stance, but I am guessing it's a measure to take away cities' ability to block their law enforcement from ... enforcement.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But as we see on campuses, the police will do absolutely nothing when it comes to those using or threatening violence on the left.

As if college campuses were typical of the entire country as a whole? If you want to play that game, the handsy Democrat in Texas was launching a pre-emptive strike because it's not like GOP politicians don't violently attack people just for asking questions.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah...too bad he didn't have a bike lock, right?

You can try to spin this all you like, but it always seems to be the Liberal Democrats who resort to threats and violence, when you don't get with the program.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You only had to reach back 13 years for that one. I'll see your Al Franken before-he-was-in-office scuffle and raise you a Michael Grimm threatens to throw reporter off balcony.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Grambler

But as we see on campuses, the police will do absolutely nothing when it comes to those using or threatening violence on the left.

As if college campuses were typical of the entire country as a whole? If you want to play that game, the handsy Democrat in Texas was launching a pre-emptive strike because it's not like GOP politicians don't violently attack people just for asking questions.

And they generally don't either.

By your logic, it applies here as well. As if small brawls between politicians were typical of the entire country as a whole?

Don't get me wrong, giving a lefty an elbow to the face is addicting.

A punch to the gut...a super annihilation pile drive...the goat suplex...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

college campuses --- the future of America !!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Oh, it's a tit-for-tat you want? Well here's the next three.

Politician Arrested for Pinching Woman’s Genitals 'Said He No Longer Had to Be Politically Correct

Connecticut Republican politician Christopher von Keyserling was arrested and charged with sexual assault after he was caught on a security camera pinching the genitals of a woman with whom he got into a political disagreement.

Activists Dressed As ‘RubioBots’ Say Rubio Staff Physically Assaulted Them

Republican Punches Democrat in Alabama Senate Chamber

MONTGOMERY, Ala. – Session-long tensions in the Alabama Senate boiled over Thursday as Republican Sen. Charles Bishop of Jasper punched Democratic Sen. Lowell Barron of Fyffe in the head before the two were pulled apart.

The 69-year-old Bishop said he punched Barron, 65, in the head after the senator called him a "son of a bitch."

Or we could step it up a notch. Bike lock? How about this?

Minnesota man gets 15 years for shooting 5 Black Lives Matter protesters

edit on 2017-5-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah, you're all a real non-violent bunch.

How many "lefties" have you actually elbowed in the face? My guess is none. "Super annihilation pile drive?" And that's too much WWE for you.

It was a little bit of pushing at best. Watch the video. Typical? No. Worth all the tough talk and melodrama? No.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeah, that totally explains how the 60's led to the 80's, where all those middle-aged people were running around in tie-dyed t-shirts and dropping acid, just like college.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Snitches get stitches?

I swear our political landscape has become an elementary school yard.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Any remotely objective person can see that the vast amount of political violence recently has came from the left.

I am not just talking about one or two unhinged people. I am talking about hundreds and thousands of people trioting, beating innocent people, and the police doing nothing.

And not just on campuses. And this violence is defended by not just anonymous internet trolls, bu people in academia, the media, politicians and celebrities.

Now I will admit to being tongue in cheek when mocking the party of peace, and I know that could people on the left such as yourself would never resort to violence, but it is still obvious that the left is resorting to more violence en masse at this point.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yeah, that totally explains how the 60's led to the 80's, where all those middle-aged people were running around in tie-dyed t-shirts and dropping acid, just like college.

Most of the 60s protestors were drop outs.

They still knew who this guy was..

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

How many "lefties" have you actually elbowed in the face? My guess is none. "Super annihilation pile drive?" And that's too much WWE for you.

It was a little bit of pushing at best. Watch the video. Typical? No. Worth all the tough talk and melodrama? No.

The act is much to do about nothing, I agree with you.

But if he threatened him outside etc. as the rep says happened, then it is a big deal.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

READ :Anti immigration conservative threatens gun violence. Nice spin, FFS

Apparently the Democrats and the MSM can't differentiate between anti-ILLEGAL immigration and anti-immigration. They are either too stupid or willfully ignorant. I am uncertain which is worse.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well I don't know, it never occured to me to ask in the small window of time I have in the midst of action. Now that I think about, an actual fight with libbys would be more talk then action.

I suppose I can ask next time? Wheres tinysicktears at.....

Regardless if its a bit of pushing, you gotta respect the institution and the demos started it because, you know illegals were about.

Edit01: dont u kno wwe is realz?
edit on 29-5-2017 by Arnie123 because: Hew

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

A Texas Republican called ICE on protesters. Then lawmakers started to scuffle.

www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/29/a-texas-republican-called-ice-on-protesters-then-lawmakers-started-to-scuffle/?utm_term=.aeff52b676d 2
edit on 29-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join