It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton back with seizure glasses

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You think this has something to do with Hillary? Why do you think that? I've only mentioned her name a few times in this thread out of the numerous posts I've made and it wasn't too complain about you making fun of her.

You obviously missed my point completely. It is the fact that such low information posts get so much attention on these boards and how they are ruining the quality of the boards. My main point, which I have said SEVERAL times in this thread, is that this kind of thread wouldn't have flown a couple of years ago. Why? Because it attracts the worst kinds of trolls possible and ruins the quality of the boards.

But go ahead and keep thinking it's about Hillary and partisanship. Maybe one day ATS will only allow memes and bright pictures with no substance that way that low information demographic can have a field day.

Also, isn't that the entire point of the mud-pit? To ruin other people's moods and to bash them for their opinions/content? You should be thanking me for carrying on the tradition not getting butt hurt that I'm doing it.
edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Knock yourself out.

Me personally? Could care less.

Just be funny or original so I can come in and participate too.

I know you don't care but don't be so surprised when some people complain when some people bring down the quality of ATS.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

An enlightened sense of humor would mean you can enjoy memes even about people you care about, where the more you know about them the richer your sense of humor can become. The metric here being wisdom (knowledge of exotic references & specific innuendos), not intelligence. THAT'S RIGHT: high information.

Jokes themselves aren't inherently "intelligent". The ability to create, and process jokes is where the intelligence metric comes into play. We'll just call it "Humor IQ".

So you either don't know enough Hillary references / innuendo to get the jokes (Low Information), or aren't slick enough to even have much of a sense of humor (Low Humor IQ), or aren't 'emotionally stable' enough to be able to take in stride jokes about your lady (Low Enlightenment).

edit on 30-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

link   

Stop trying to flip the meaning of low information to suit your argument. Pictures with a couple of words attached to them are low information and you know it.

Good job contributing to the continuing decline of the quality of these boards with your low information memes. You're a real hero.

And haven't I already said that I don't like Hillary? Why are you calling her my lady? Lol. I guess you believing I like Hillary helps you to ignore the points I'm making.

Thanks again for ruining the quality of these boards with your low information posts.

link   

Define "quality".

Yanking the bulk of the images out of the discussion forums in general, especially the humorous ones, who here would call that "higher quality"?

And banning from the entire website the occasional meme war threads like this one here (none of which are mandatory for people to open), which is tantamount to the brutal censorship of humor, that's "higher quality" too?

Why doesn't it surprise me that someone pissed off about Hillary memes is effectively, if anyone herein is, of the position they should be banned from the site?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

DEFINE "LOW INFORMATION".

I just did.

Where's your counter-definition?!?!?!?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   

That is up to the ATS staff. As someone have said they are doing this to generate revenue. If they want to go through this route then that's on them. I don't know about you but I want my old ATS back.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Pictures with a couple of words attached to them are low information and you know it.
“People often say 'A picture is worth a thousand words.' I believe the original quote was actually 'A picture is worth ten thousand words' as stated by Fred R. Barnard, of Printers' Ink, 10 March 1927

link   

Low information: a picture with a few words attached to it.

High information: anything that has substance to it.

Thank you again for contributing to the decline of these boards.

link   

If you dont like the thread, you're just boring and no sense of humor, then dont go into the threads of that stuff.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

*pats you on head*

Awww, bless your little heart for trying to be clever.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you dont like the thread, you're just boring and no sense of humor, then dont go into the threads of that stuff.

Yeah. I open ATS only to see 1000 of mindless threads such as this. Hard to sift through and find the real gems.

link   

Hey I'm not the ones making these threads, nor do I have any control over those that do. To be fair, it isn't only anti Hillary threads bringing the quality of this site down. In fact, I will argue it's not the threads, but the members that is the ultimate factor in determining the quality of this site.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Okay, so as long as a comedy image has a whole bunch of words "attached to" it then that would mean it has "higher information"???

What is the scale here as in number of words per image per 'level of infomration' its 'worth'??

See how silly this sounds?

My post at the top this page, apparently you're not factoring in my words that foreshadowed it:

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Clearly, since Hillary memes trigger you and half the politically minded world to the point of derailing threads where people were just trying to have a laugh, to even the degree of rioting, that alone places political memes firmly in the territory of offensive.

Politics, being the raw stuff of political science, is an intelligent realm of topics where each 'locale' within comes loaded with exotic information, and all sorts of specialty innuendo & references, especially in the likes of ATS (that takes the level of the full scale of sophistication in our little neck of the web to even higher degrees than se mainstream doosh land spots like in se Tumblr).

Just because stupid people also participate in humor, and politics, doesn't change these facts. And just because you dont like humor doesnt mean its stupid, or funny.

So to swoop in and label everyone bunch of morons, with every meme they're posting in the thread as crap moronic grade humor, itsn't merely rude, its asserting yourself to be better / more intelligent than everyone. This isn't merely implying it, or demonstrated it, its loudly screaming it while insulting everyone.

All the while beating on your chest how you're the bastion of high intelligence / high quality forums standards, is some kind of sick sense of humor, I will admit!!!!

WHILE COMPLETELY IGNORING THE FACT THAT JOKES THEMSELVES ARENT INHERENTLY THE STUFF OF INTELLIGENCE), MERELY BEING ABLE TO CREATE AND PERCEIVE THEM IS, AND IF YOU CANT GRASP THE HUMOR OF SOMETHING THEM ITS MORE LIKE YOU DONT POSSESS ENOUGH INFORMATION ABOUT THE TARGET TO GET THE JOKE, OR YOU'RE LACKING THE INTELLIGENCE TO GRASP THE JOKE, OR YOURE NOT ENLIGHTENED ENOUGH TO NOT TAKE OFFENSE TO THE JOKE.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Yeah. It's their right. It's also ATS staff's right. I can't control that. I am just worried that it will push away potential new members that would have something to contribute and to bring the truth. We've had wonderful members in the past that contributed greatly. Sadly most of them are gone.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Memes are low information, there's no getting around that no matter how you try to twist and contort your way out of it.

By your standards I could make a thread that simply has a picture of Hillary and a joke about seizures attached to it and you'd call it high information. By your standards every thread could be a meme and only a meme as the OP and you'd consider it intellectually stimulating. By your standards if ATS was turned into an image macro or meme site it would still be a quality site.

I've got news for you, your standards are all jacked up.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

You know if everyone did their part and tried to contribute to the quality of this site in their own way, instead of complaining about the lack of quality.

See me, not only do I participate everywhere, I don't complain and instead use that energy to contribute to this site.
edit on 30-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join