It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton back with seizure glasses

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Deaf Alien

82 flags for a freaking gif.

Dumbed down to the max! What a great time to be a member of ATS!

Were it not for that GIF thread of President Trump pushing that other guy out of the way, I never would have seen it. Kudos and thanks to Burdman for: www.abovetopsecret.com... . That was outstanding!

This thread is even making my died-in-the-wool Hillary supporting wife laugh. OMG!

edit on 5/30/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Were it not for that GIF thread of President Trump pushing that other guy out of the way, I never would have seen it. Kudos and thanks to Burdman for: www.abovetopsecret.com... . That was outstanding!

This thread is even making my died-in-the-wool Hillary supporting wife laugh. OMG!

Hahaa, at least some people appreciate humor!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

But I thought jokes aren't meant to be high information? Those are your own words.

But I see you are reverting to a subjective argument where I have to think like you to "get it". So basically jokes/memes are only high information if you believe they are. Awesome argument there, it's also called a relativist fallacy.

But hey, by your logic ATS could change into an image/meme site where only memes were posted and the content would be high information and would be on the same level as an actual well-thought out post. We could revert to a 4chan type of site and you'd consider it quality content. Makes sense, but only if you think like you do.
edit on 5/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

originally posted by: carewemust

Hahaa, at least some people appreciate humor!

Laughter extends one's lifespan and brightens the spirit!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Jokes aren't inherently multiple pages of text, but they technically can be, of course.

Most jokes are the opening line, and the punch line.

Some jokes are just a punchline (one liners).

Jokes can be about 'intelligent' things, or 'dumb' things, whereby the either or or anything else in between or out of bounds can be as funny or funnier than any of the rest irregardless of the 'amount' of 'information' involved in the joke itself, or the 'amount' of information one has to be wise to to get one joke or another (especially when it comes to "meme" jokes).

Jokes are typically kind of 'stupid', and yet it takes intelligence to 'get' them, to create them, to remember them; etc.

If you're too thick to grasp all of this at least not crap up everyone elses fun, unless your goal is for the jokes to be on you. Then it'll surely come...
edit on 30-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Imagine Jerry Seinfeld doing the same joke over and over.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You used what is called a relativist fallacy saying that memes are high information for some but not for others.

Memes in and of themselves are extremely low information, probably the lowest information form possible. 4chan is built on top of memes, do you consider 4chan to be a good source of information? I would hope not.

You are doing some pretty impressive mental gymnastics to ignore how memes are one of the lowest forms of information possible.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

DUDE MOST JOKES ARE LOW IN INFORMATION. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DEFINING HUMOR. GET A GRIP.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I don't find the quality of my favorite forum going downhill very funny, especially if its tired played out memes being used over and over that is doing it. Sorry if you do.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

DUDE MOST JOKES ARE LOW IN INFORMATION. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH DEFINING HUMOR. GET A GRIP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
This was long, long time ago. When ATS was great.

edit on 5/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

You used what is called a relativist fallacy saying that memes are high information for some but not for others.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So no jokes for you, especially not humor of the imagery varieties.

Well I prefer to laugh.

And I prefer visual content.

I enjoy seeing it. I enjoy making it. I enjoy making others laugh.

And you enjoy being a party pooper because you lack a sense of humor.

There's one punk in this equation. Do you compute?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

So why are you arguing with me over what the definition of humor is?

I'm sorry that I came in and ruined your circle jerk but your circle jerk is ruining this site.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

This thread is a perfect example of quantity over quality, something ATS used to not tolerate.

From your link:

6/ Images Please don't just post a picture without any comment. A picture should supplement a post and not be the sum total of it.

That is what this thread pretty much was until I showed up, a bunch of pictures being the sum total of the posts.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

So go make a rant thread, and have a circle jerk about it, because for what a joke thread is, for many people it enriches the quality of a community being able to have and participate in them, and all you're doing is crapping it up which means (AND THIS ISNT A MATTER OF OPINION) you're literally ruining the quality of this thread and therefore degreading the quality of the site on account that if there are going to be joke threads involved then they shouldn't just totally suck and be a total drag where not only are they not fun (if the chumps get their way) but the participants are even supposed to be guilt trip for trying to enjoy some simple pleasures (in the site that is like the ultimate array of bad earth shattering news otherwise).

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

This thread is a perfect example of quantity over quality, something ATS used to not tolerate.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

There was no quality to being with, how can you ruin something that was never there to start with?

You must not be very familiar with the mud-pit, its hardly a place where the community comes together and sings koombayah so stop acting like I'm not using this forum for its intended purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join