It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I agree, much of the hysteria people have on this is simply the positive results of well designed multi generational propaganda campaign and social conditioning.

a reply to: 4N0M4LY
I would like to address her opinions. She cites a figure of up to 300 million people dedicated to their destruction of the western way of life. I am sorry to break it to anybody who would eat that up like candy. If even 100 million people, be they Muslim or Cowboy was out to get us and destroy our life specifically, we would not be enjoying our leisure time having discussions about malevolently embedded prejudiced beliefs that were burned in with rudimentary and dated social conditioning techniques.

And secondly, she cites the silent majority nonsense of past atrocities of rival powers without addressing ours and Europe's across the Western Hemisphere and Africa. Its rather quite nonsense to be honest and the answer to how to combat ideology is growing a pair of balls big enough to just stop bombing and seek discussion with dissenting powers in an internationally transparent and public panel on said ideology and where the consensus and conflicts between them lay.

The problem with that is anyone moderately read and experienced on how the real world has functioned since time memorable knows the conflict usually lies in resources and wealth and ones desire to either demand highway robbery from the civilization or take it by force. Usually the silent majority just rationalizes it by reluctantly accepting the beliefs they are told by the ruling authorities and the dehumanization campaign against the defending party.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I totally agree, this is all designed to implement more security and take away more freedoms

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

What I do not get is how when I see mothers in photos crying their eyes out over the loss of their Muslim sons and daughters yet stand there with their full head scarf on, still allowing themselves to be dammed to a life of hiding away and somehow think their upset should be heard. They are protecting and promoting an ideology and way of life that basically condemns everyone. If that is not showing a serious low IQ I do not know what is.

The fact is, Islam is a dangerously written faith. You ever read some of their scriptures and all you see is mention of war, hate and death to all those that do not abide by their words and rules. These people although I would love to see a change, they are the poison in their own wine.

Islam, is right now atleast the poison on this world because of their unwilling nature to set it straight. To many cowards in that religion.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BlackProject

I think if you walked in their shoes and lead the life they have lead you would probably change your tune. Religion for some is an identity, it's apart of you cause everyone you know and love practice that religion and it's all you've ever known.

Then someone comes around saying everything you have ever known is wrong. Chances are you wouldn't run form who you are and turn your back on all your friends and family. You would stick together and defy those that want to end your way of life. Who wouldn't

All religions are capable of terrible atrocities (Spanish inquisition). All this fighting is more political then ideological. Like most religious atrocities. Islam is being used as a distraction to recruit the naive and the mentally ill to their cause. How many wars are won be soldiers who kill themselves?

edit on 3151717 by DiaJax because: spell check is awful

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think this thread has lead us to the proverbial dead horse. It is a subject where most here have chosen their side, and have dug in their heels, all conversation has ended. Few are listening they are only attacking.

I have my own opinion like all the other posters, and my opinion carries zero weight outside of my own confused mind. I have tried to see how religion could have the power to turn people into raging zombies but I can't understand it.

I understand how people who are very good at coming up with excuses, can use religion as one of those excuses, but religion alone does not turn a person into a blood thirsty beast.

There are those that say that many are just justifiably angry people. Angry and full of hate for the attacks on their land and the killing of their people. I think a good unemotional look at the history will not support these claims for the majority. People that hate and seek revenge usually do not come in mass asking for help from those those that they think hate them and want to kill them all. But whatever disease that has poisoned the minds of many of these people, it does not seem to be benign. It seems to have caused a similar reaction in the mind of the supposedly enlightened people.

We humans love to name things. Maybe it gives us a sense of comfort. We think that if we name something, we can own it or control it, because we think we know what it is. Somethings can be so similar in how they look that we may overlook the tiny little markings that makes it a totally different species. Sometimes the mistake is not life threatening. Mistaking a fruit for a vegetable or a fish for a mammal, but some are, like eating the wrong berry or mushroom.

Whatever the disease, is it removes all intellectual thought, commonsense, and critical thinking, from the brain of those affected, including the enlightened.

We can call these religious zealots, but I think that is just a lazy and convenient excuse. This is no more about religion than a mob at a lynching, an mob after a football loss or win, a mob at a University or any other kind of protest.

It is a compilation of videos used to push an anti-Islam agenda, and to show Muslims as a threat. I think they did a fair job of showing how people can be manipulated and controlled to the point of madness. There is not one person in those masses that is acting at the will or obedience to any God. Their actions are the actions of a man made agenda. God got thrown out with the bathwater and has been trampled under the feet of the mobs.

We will never agree. I get that. It is not part of the plan. So I leave you good people with the carcass of this horse. I can no longer participate in this thread, it has become a frustrating and fruitless exercise.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Wow, that reminds me of those horrible Brazilian lynching videos that pop up by the dozen every week or so. Mobs, be they Afghan Muslims(in name only) or Brazilian Roman Catholics(in name only) sure seem to prefer death by lynching. See it in many African nations too.

Its a hallmark of ignorant populations with little education. The only lynchings that happen in America now are when BLM terrorists find a white person during a violent riot. As usual, the common denominator is ignorant people with very little education.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: TinySickTears

im talking about the people that say # like bulldoze the mosques and nuke the area
does not matter who says it....it is being said. things like that are said all the time

Personally i am against that. In my opinion, people who claiming that, are mostly angered. At least i haven´t seen anyone bulldozing a mosque until now.

As i said, my personal opinion on that matter, is that a reform is needed in Islam. That is the peaceful majority should stand up and ex-communicate those radicals from Islam openly.

Expose those mosques openly that indoctrinate their youth in intolerance according to a video that i posted above. There some other things but those two things are needed in my opinion in order for a change to come.

Peace

The abrahamic faith, adam, moses, etc it is all fiction, a god of a fictional story is a fictional god. Lies are incompatible with reality, with physics, with science. We shouldn't allow anyone to teach lies that psychologically hurt minors from early ages. Those who're grown up can receive psychological therapy, and it can be explained how their most cherished belief is fictional.

Regards islam, iirc, entire countries have enshrined in law the cold bloody murder of innocents, and the population does not rise up, does not rise against such atrocities.

Women are killed for not wearing certain pieces of clothing, and other women wear these symbols of oppression with pride.

Most any religion is poison to the mind, the moment claims are made but not backed up, internal inconsistencies with known facts must be held and reason itself suspended by the believers of said things.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

We can call these religious zealots, but I think that is just a lazy and convenient excuse. This is no more about religion than a mob at a lynching, an mob after a football loss or win, a mob at a University or any other kind of protest.

You don't understand. Their religion has indoctrinated them into believing these actions are justifiable. Stoning of women, apostate, and gays for example is explicitly condoned in the holy Islamic scripture! It's called a brainwashing religious cult. Emphasis on brainwashing.

Stop seeing religion as some Godly thing, and then you will understand. All religions are man-made.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross.

cowboys like this dude worry me far more than your average muslim.

must really suck living in a perpetual state of fear or suspicion or whatever you want to call it of an entire group of people.

you my friend will get plenty of stars for that post though. kudos to you

Literally the exact same thing can be said about Feminazis, Black Lives Matter, the black community etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Name one Muslim majority country where you won't be arrested for distributing Christian bibles. I will help you out, there isn't one. Not every Muslim will blow themselves up but the religion itself is to blame and needs to undergo a 'reformation' in the way Christianity did. With respect denying it like you have will not only prolong the problem but worsen it. Incidentally the man who first coined the phrase 'Islamophobia' is on the record saying that he was wrong and there's no such thing.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Its a #ty religion. Thats my opinion. I dont think every muslim is a bad person. Though Islam does routinely inspire fanaticism, and does so in a way that other religions do not.

That said, maybe we should all convert to Islam. At least they know how to deal with sjws and feminists. /s

Agreed.
edit on 1-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'd rather slit my throat than live through that bull #e if i were a woman.
edit on 1-6-2017 by RisenMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo
Name one Muslim majority country where you won't be arrested for distributing Christian bibles. I will help you out, there isn't one. Not every Muslim will blow themselves up but the religion itself is to blame and needs to undergo a 'reformation' in the way Christianity did. With respect denying it like you have will not only prolong the problem but worsen it. Incidentally the man who first coined the phrase 'Islamophobia' is on the record saying that he was wrong and there's no such thing.

It's a shame the regressives who want millions of refugees aren't immortal, so that they live with the demographic transition that they are forcing into the future of several of their countries. As their liberal laws fall, and sharia becomes the law of the land, as they're forced to dress a certain way or are hunted down, as they are discriminated against and turn into a minority, as women's words are worth less than men in courts.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Islam, is right now atleast the poison on this world because of their unwilling nature to set it straight. To many cowards in that religion.

I was planning to made a thread about Islam and how there are two sides. The one side of Islam and its adherents ,who wants an Islam compatible with the west, and the other side who wants Islam segregated from the west but living in western countries and reaping the benefits. Anyway here is a video of an Imam in Australia who is called "fake Imam" by other muslims, for wanting an Islam which is compatible with the west. The duration of the video is almost 9:30 minutes long and it shows why he is considered a "fake Imam".

How can be a reform in Islam if even Imams are getting labelled "fake" by their own for wanting a reformation of Islam ? Let´s hope that many more Imams will raise up and call for reform from within.

Peace
edit on 1-6-2017 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

Name one Muslim majority country where you won't be arrested for distributing Christian bibles.

I tried to find the countries that would arrest you for distributing bibles, but I can't seem to find the right key words to generate a list that has the countries that would do it officially. Most articles just come up with Christian websites that take cases of persecution in general, and do not seem to specifically point out where one can be arrested for distributing bibles. Some allow it if under the official groups, like in China. It is banned outright in North Korea. Places in Central Asia and Africa allow it with restrictions, like they must be in a language that is not Arab, or foreigners can be allowed their own personal bibles. I feel that this claim needs more study and research before it can be cited as accurate.

Syria is one such country though, and so is Iraq now. Even Egypt if I am not mistaken. Djibouti as well. There are more, but it takes time to dig through all the data.

Laos has a predominately Buddhist population, and it also has an abysmal record on persecuting Christians though. How awful and typically Communist of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah
You will be happy to know then that the government did not take that act lying down, that they condemned it, arrested and convicted the people involved, and attended the services for her funeral.

US State Department
While Farkhunda’s killing illustrates the horrors that can result from false accusations of blasphemy in deeply conservative Islamic societies, what happened subsequently demonstrates that change is possible. President Ghani immediately condemned the attack and ordered an investigation. The domestic outrage after the attack was immediate, led by civil society and women’s groups. Afghan women carried Farkhunda’s body to her grave-site in a culturally unprecedented funeral procession that doubled as a widely publicized protest against her killing. Government officials and members of parliament participated in the funeral, and the head of the Ministry of Interior’s criminal investigation department told the crowd that Farkhunda was innocent. A few Afghan government and religious leaders who had initially endorsed the killing were marginalized and in at least one case fired.

Reflecting public pressure, the investigation was swift, and numerous individuals were brought to trial and convicted for their involvement in Farkhunda’s death, including police officers. Appeals in some of these cases continue, and civil society has been vocal in pressing authorities to do more to secure justice. The fact that individuals have been held accountable for this horrific crime represents a significant step forward for Afghanistan’s justice system, and sends an important message to those who might see allegations of blasphemy as a means to act with impunity against others. A prominent public memorial erected on the site of Farkhunda’s death has been the site of vigils and a widely publicized commemoration of the one-year anniversary of her killing.

There is hope and progress in the world, if one chooses to see it. But if one only chooses to see the hate and despair and evil, than one will only be filled with hate, despair, and evil. The woman was actually trying to correct the accuser for selling charms at the shrine, which she called unIslamic. What followed was the Islamic equivalent to calling her a witch and burning her at the stake. Maybe they got that trick from the Christians of yesteryear eh??
edit on 6-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia
Qatar
Domain
Syria
Afghanistan
Sudan
Iran
Pakistan
Nigeria
Maldives
Libya
Yemen
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Djibouti
Jordan
Brutes
Mauritania
Malaysia (partially)
Oman
United Arab Emirates
And others....deny the issue and it will never be resolved.

posted on Jun, 4 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: biggilo

Saudi Arabia
Qatar
Domain
Syria
Afghanistan
Sudan
Iran
Pakistan
Nigeria
Maldives
Libya
Yemen
Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Djibouti
Jordan
Brutes
Mauritania
Malaysia (partially)
Oman
United Arab Emirates
And others....deny the issue and it will never be resolved.

You know what else wil never resolve the issue? Lying

Considering a large part of Nigeria is Catholic, you lied about Nigeria.

Which other countries on that list did you lie about?

Ooohh...I can just picture the smugness on your face when you types that list up....kind if like mine now when I suggest that you did no additional research into what you wrote.

You found a list and blindly copied it. Tell me, how is THAT helping.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Actually that list was not copied but compiled by myself after doing some very simple research, yes I imagine you did feel smug thinking you had something right for once but sorry you didn't, go do some research yourself, maybe try travelling a little too.
edit on 5-6-2017 by biggilo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join