It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Islam claims to have an answer for everything. It claims to be the last revelation. It is, to them, the solution to life to politics, to banking, to morality, to science, to crime and punishment. Anything else is silenced or destroyed. It is totalitarian.

Just like certain religions?

No. Like one religion.

So we'll ignore the Catholic Church?
O.K.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sure, but that has no relevance to this topic.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Maybe hundreds of years ago. But no, not anytime recently.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sure, but that has no relevance to this topic.

From the OP...

"Think about that, those poor villagers are killed like ants being squashed by a boot, just going about their daily lives only to suddenly have their life's ended in a instance so some politician can claim to have killed yet another high ranking terrorist and the 15 kids who died in the school next door just get forgotten about. "

It is actually very relevant to the topic.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Islamophobe is a silly word made up and propagated by propagandists.

If Joseph Goebels were alive today he woukd have made up the word naziphobe.

I can do it too.

The thread starter and his fellow islamist-apologists are islamaphobophobes!

Yeah, it's those damn pacifists again trying to screw up the war effort with their Goebels propaganda. I wish I was 1/10 as smart as you!

COLONEL
Whose side are you on, son?

JOKER
Our side, sir.

COLONEL
Don't you love your country?

JOKER
Yes, sir.

COLONEL
Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

JOKER
Yes, sir!

COLONEL
Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

edit on 29-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: verschickter
Not that you need to care but I once thought you were a decent guy. That changed, not because you dislike religion but how you spin this around here.

youre right
i dont care

also i am not spinning anything. i am merely giving my opinion on all this

it is my opinion that people that are part of a group do not need to speak out for what the other members of the group do

it is my opinion that religion is a cancer and is the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity

now im not a decent guy??
maybe not. good thing i never claimed to be

see ya

link   

But they are using the name of the religion and that´s why the peaceful muslims should speak out loud and clear. And now we´re back at page one, because that was my argument.

THEY DO SPEAK OUT!!!

Watch the video someone posted actually at the start of this thread in it the woman talks about how despite most Germans being peaceful people they still killed 6 million Jews.

The media only focuses on what the bad people are doing, its the same with everything, every day we have a story about how the NHS is failing for example, but nothing about the hundreds of lives saved every year.

If you want to you can just go onto YouTube and search for "Muslims denouncing extremists" there is loads of it all over the net.

What more do you want, do you want to talk about the thousands of Muslims that are fighting against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, because they are the ones spilling blood in the fight against ISIS not you or I.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If I'm Islamophobic, it's for good reason.

link   

I totally agree!

link   
a reply to: Konduit

We dropped 28,000 bombs on the ME in 2016. Does your chart take that into account?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

The comparison I was making was towards the number of regular Muslims, compared to the extremes.

Nobody is saying that we are discriminating against bombs and we should allow them to be dropped here.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Those structures could not or would have come into place centuries later, if not for religion.

you dont know that though

that is not something that can be known....what would or would not have happened

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I wish you felt that way about political correctness when someone criticizes your dear leader Trump.

link   

i did it for him

www.youtube.com...

no point in imbedding all the vids that come up with that search.

crazy since it never happens

must be fake vids

link   
I should have worded it a bit better, true. Religion evolved and was successful because people desperatly wanted some steadyness. After they achieved that by settling in groups (the first settlers) crime began to rise more than before because of the closeness. So there was something needed that would give the people back then some safety and trust.

Religion was the perfect tool, because it made sure that you can count on the other ones respecting those laws, if they subscribed to it. A corner stone.

See I´m not saying religion is THE solution. But it can help! tinysicktears my ridicule and laugh at me because I take religion serious. What that shows me is that he is not ripe enough to understand the full meaning of the SENSE of religion. I don´t blame him, it took me some years, too.

link   
I don't want you to think that I am being snarky.

My question stands. Why would people that according to your post, who were targeted, were innocent Iraqi's were tortured by allied forces or special forces units that dug bullets out of innocent villagers, so as not to get caught, or performed drone strikes in Yemen that destroyed entire villages in one cleans sweep, want to come to the land of those that hate them so much that they would commit those atrocities?

I would think that they don't think we are the evil monsters that you paint us to be, or they have other reasons.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

No you're being ridiculous

Jesus, according to Christianity is the "son". He says he does not know "the hour", but only the Father does. Those are Jesus own words. Your spin on it means nothing.

So, Jesus is a god who doesn't know " the hour" and who needed to pray face down begging God to save him.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I will agree on one thing... religion can be a great control tool for the government. I'll go far as to agree that *some* people need religion (a very scary thought and some ATS members proved that over and over again).

link   

I should have worded it a bit better, true. Religion evolved and was successful because people desperatly wanted some steadyness.

tinysicktears my ridicule and laugh at me because I take religion serious. What that shows me is that he is not ripe enough to understand the full meaning of the SENSE of religion. I don´t blame him, it took me some years, too.

that is a theory. again not something you can possibly know

my theory is religion evolved so people could cope with death...

as far as laughing at you....well yeah...i suppose i was

but dude you posted that without religion we would be savages that kill and steal.
you posted that in a thread about a religion where a huge number of them kill

that is pretty damn funny

if there was no religion people would not be killing in the name of it now would they

edit on 29-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But they are using the name of the religion and that´s why the peaceful muslims should speak out loud and clear. And now we´re back at page one, because that was my argument.

THEY DO SPEAK OUT!!!

Watch the video someone posted actually at the start of this thread in it the woman talks about how despite most Germans being peaceful people they still killed 6 million Jews.

The media only focuses on what the bad people are doing, its the same with everything, every day we have a story about how the NHS is failing for example, but nothing about the hundreds of lives saved every year.

If you want to you can just go onto YouTube and search for "Muslims denouncing extremists" there is loads of it all over the net.

What more do you want, do you want to talk about the thousands of Muslims that are fighting against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, because they are the ones spilling blood in the fight against ISIS not you or I.

What you wrote is so true. I think the media just shows stories in line with the war profiteering Pentagon agenda. The last thing they want is peace. The long war is NOT supposed to end.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join