It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Because, see my last reply.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I noticed my mistake and went back the second the screen loaded. Even before the mod came in and removed that last sentence.

Infidel is a english word, that should tell you it´s not what they will say to you. They will call you a kufar.

I am aware of what they may call me thank you very much.

Its rather annoying when you pretend to teach as well as preach.

However what I am wanting to discuss as stipulated in the OP is the harmful nature of islamophobia and how I also think its missplaced and how Islam i think is unfairly painted with the same stroke as a tiny minority of individuals who have a set of beliefs that is almost entirely different from that of modern day Muslims living in the west.

As i have said, the death cult that is ISIS is not the same as the religion of Islam.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RogueWaterC1
a reply to: Abysha

Cultures..... well let's see civilizations based around the Jewish and Christian culture and values are doing well thsee days: Women's rights, libraries, University's, space expiration, deep sea exploration, vaccines,Agriculture, gay rights, ect.

To see what "Jewish and Christian" culture and values are about one needs only to crack open a bible.

Not saying it's anything bad, because its not that different from Islamic law.

If you think it inspires space exploration and vaccines and gay "rights", you're delusional.

Why? Because the Bible speaks of a flat earth, punishment by plagues and mass deaths of gay people.

link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Because, see my last reply.

Again another claim. Ancient Greece provided non-religious rulesets and they prospered without religion.

link   

. If not for religion, we´d still be savages and kill, steal and whatnot.

hahahahaha

well good thing we have religion cause none of that happens now...
pfeeeeew
hahahaah

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

He's literally saying "I am the father, you'd know that if you knew me". You just shot yourself in the foot.

He's literally not.

If you stop cherry picking verses he is clearly telling the Jews asking him they're not pious, like he is, and therefore cannot possibly know God.

Anyways...
You prove the OPs point.

You didn't dissect one iota of the OP, you just came on guns blazing talking about Muhammad (pbuh)...

You're a textbook case for the OP.

link   

Right so, minus a sensationalized Face Book post, can you post us some examples of Muslims people denouncing Al Quedia and ISIS please?

Use their reasoning if you could please as it'd be interesting to read.

Can we see the large demographics of Muslims speaking against these attacks and the philosophy ISIS is pushing too please?

link   
Look at Turkey, they were a democratic country where state was mostly separated from religion, look at they are becoming now, religion has everything do with it along with a President that supports islamic nationalism to shape his own power and identity, freedom of press is being cracked down, political opponents are being thrown to jail, look at it, its just one example.

link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something. There nothing irrational about disliking Islam. It's an idea system and it's been an awful one since the day of it's inception. It brings no positive value anywhere

To be fair language can be very subjective, what a word means to you might mean something different to me, the word knob being a prime example of a word that might mean something different in some parts of the world or have a double meaning.

That is why right at the start of the thread I give a bit of detail around what i mean when i say islamophobia, so it might mean something different to you and that is fine.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

hahahahaha

pfeeeeew
hahahaah

Hilarious isn't it?

link   
So would you call me an Islamophob?

As i have said, the death cult that is ISIS is not the same as the religion of Islam.

As I have said, most members here know this. Still, it´s not ISIS telling the muslims to lie and other things if it benefits islam. It´s the quran, written by islam.

link   
a reply to: verschickter

im not religious.
i detest them all.
i am not a savage
i do not kill
i do not steal

you dont need religion to prevent people from doing that and to think so is a joke

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Yeah, I'm hating because you can't prove me wrong.

Pack it in, stop silencing the opposition.

You're wrong and now you're, once again, trying to defame me, again.

I cherry picked nothing. Even IN context it's the same. The Jews killed Jesus because he claimed to be who he was. He knew they would do this ahead of time (yes, another miracle he could see the future LIKE GOD CAN).

You have no leg to stand on.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: TinySickTears

hahahahaha

pfeeeeew
hahahaah

Hilarious isn't it?

oh big time
funniest thing i have read in a while

im still laughing over it

if not for religion we would be savages and we would kill and steal....and he posts this in a thread that is basically about a religious group killing

too funny

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You can laugh as much as you want, It does not change the fact the religion provided moral guidelines very early, before people could write down laws and read them again.

Your ignorance towards this whole thing reeks of bias. Not that you need to care but I once thought you were a decent guy. That changed, not because you dislike religion but how you spin this around here.

I´m out, think what you want but one thing is clear, history is not your strong side.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

If you really want to you can look this stuff up, about innocent Iraqi's being tortured by allied forces or special forces units digging the bullets out of innocent villagers so as not to get caught or how about the drone strikes in Yemen that destroy entire villages in one cleans sweep.

So what would be the reason for coming to the land of those evil monsters?

Would they not want to go to a Islamic country and join forces with them to destroy the evil empire?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Islam claims to have an answer for everything. It claims to be the last revelation. It is, to them, the solution to life to politics, to banking, to morality, to science, to crime and punishment. Anything else is silenced or destroyed. It is totalitarian.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

You can laugh as much as you want, It does not change the fact the religion provided moral guidelines very early, before people could write down laws and read them again.

Your ignorance towards this whole thing reeks if bias.

No one is disputing the claim that relgions can be positive on humankind. The claim is that we would be savages without them has no merit. Hence why I pointed out Islam.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: Hazardous1408

He's literally saying "I am the father, you'd know that if you knew me". You just shot yourself in the foot.

He's an aspect of the triune godhead. God, the son and the holy spirit.

If Jesus is the "Father" then there is no such thing as a "triune godhead".

he also begs the Father to save him from death.

he also does not know "the hour" and admits only the Father knows

How can Jesus be the Father?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Why bother?

Now you'll be attacked for being anti-Islamic.

I'm done debating these people now. They just insult and berate, then when you defeat their argument, play semantics. Done, done, done.

Good point though.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join