It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Attention Please Knock of the personal insults or harsher actions will follow.

Insults and jabs at each other is never the topic here. Be warned. If you can't post without insulting others or name calling move on to another thread where you can.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: TinySickTears
Your entitled to your opinion of course but it´s clear your blinded by your hate against religion of any kind. If not for religion, we´d still be savages and kill, steal and whatnot.

LOL so radical Muslims are peaceful?

(post by Joneselius removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Go read the #ing quran. GO READ IT.

Dude do you really think speaking to me like that is going do anything.

if you wish to converse with me do so like a adult.

link   
Islam teaches them to do whatever they want to infidels. Infidel being everyone else not believing in a god. Those who do but in the wrong one are the next ones. SNIP.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/29/2017 by Blaine91555 because: Insult snipped for T&C violation.

link   
SNIP-

(John 8:19) "'I tell you the truth,' Jesus answered, 'before Abraham was born, I am!'"

There goes the argument that Jesus wasn't God from his own mouth.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

Moderator Note
Editing of Staff actions is never allowed, nor are Staff actions discussed in threads.
edit on 5/29/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

So religion = islam? It can´t be any other religion?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something. There nothing irrational about disliking Islam. It's an idea system and it's been an awful one since the day of it's inception. It brings no positive value anywhere

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Islam teaches them to do whatever they want to infidels. Infidel being everyone else not believing in a god. Those who do but in the wrong one are the next ones. Stop being stupid yourself.

Dude infidel is actually Christian word to describe a person of no faith.

I dont really see how any of this bickering is relating to the OP

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I appreciate your thoughts and I believe they are genuinely well intentioned. But I do disagree with your analysis of the situation.

You ask us, for instance, to consider how many of the approximately 1.5 billion muslims are actually involved in terror attacks and claim the number to be extremely few. I would ask you to consider how many non-combat personnel their are in the US military, whose job is first and foremost to support the combat troops. The ratio is around 5:1 in the modern army. But that is strictly military personnel. If you add in the many civilians who have jobs related to the military in some way the number is much higher. For example, every person in the US has roughly 300 energy slaves. That is 300 people who perform some kind of work to enable our way of life on a daily basis. Food travels an average of 1500 miles to land on our plate. The people who grew it, harvested it, processed it, packaged it, and delivered it, not to mention the many people involved in the creation of the energy in various forms needed to perform all those tasks, and so on are all included. The front line number is very different than the number of actual participants.

An organized modern military is not a fair comparison for a global religion but there are many similarities. There are rules to follow, people who give orders and people who take them, a written dialogue of what is considered acceptable and unacceptable behavior exists, and there are punishments for those who fail to obey the rules. Each person in the military has their own moral compass but is also guided adherence to the rule of military law and rules of engagement. There is education in the methods of combat and survival, and education on the enemy. But there is no indoctrination, so to speak, to create blind hatred of the enemy (from personal experience).

In religion there is little difference in the final analysis between the people who commit the acts of violence and the people who accept/aid/condone those acts. History has shown us time and time again that these "peaceful" people have been at war for thousands of years, with others as well as between various sects of their own religion. That is the measure of their intolerance. It is wishful thinking to believe you can take people who hold such ill will toward the west out of their environment and drop them into suburbia and expect them to suddenly change their way of thinking. A lifetime of hate does not fade in the light of freedom of speech and fast food.

One muslim is quiet. Two muslims have an opinion. Three muslims have a voice. Four muslims have an attitude. Five muslims have a mission.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

So religion = islam? It can´t be any other religion?

re·li·gion
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I noticed my mistake and went back the second the screen loaded. Even before the mod came in and removed that last sentence.

Infidel is a english word, that should tell you it´s not what they will say to you. They will call you a kufar.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha
I'm not even going to comment on the comparison of Christian's and Isis.

I think the teachings of the Phrophet Muhammad are pretty unique when compared to the teachings in the New Testament.

Cultures..... well let's see civilizations based around the Jewish and Christian culture and values are doing well thsee days: Women's rights, libraries, University's, space expiration, deep sea exploration, vaccines,Agriculture, gay rights, ect.

Then we have civilizations based around Islamic culture and values: no comment necessary.

Who knows maybe my reasoning is phobic in some kind of way, or maybe I just need to live under Sharia law (Islamic law) to fully understand those islamic values that everyone keeps talking about.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: firefromabove

Ffs. Read all the replies before you spout off.

I even said "People who DO cheer on war are hypocrites and should be denounced instantly".... What about that don't you get?

Islam does NOT teach this if the cause is Jihad. STOP BEING STUPID PEOPLE.

Non muslims seem to have no idea about what Islam is or isn't.

link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
A phobia is an irrational fear or aversion to something. There nothing irrational about disliking Islam. It's an idea system and it's been an awful one since the day of it's inception. It brings no positive value anywhere

I think it's more to do with disliking Muslims.

link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

John 8:19
"They said unto him, "Jesus, where is thy Father"...
Jesus answered "ye know neither me nor my Father... if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also"..."

Looks like you read the wrong verse there.

Also funny how "him" isn't capitalised in the KJV when referring to Jesus, who is apparently of God.

Your Trinitarianism is nothing more than Idol worship.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

You know what even though i disagree with you thank you for a well thought out response.

I think much of this probably comes down to differing opinions and view points.

I live and work around Muslims, I have good friends that are Muslim and so on so I really struggle when i see a mainly peaceful group in society being talked about with so much hate. Thats what I appreciate about your post, you make your point with out be offensive.

Some people are going to have things the disagree with or groups they dislike for whatever reason that is just human nature.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I know. So when I write, "if not for religion", you pull the worst one out and make it a case? If I write, if not for laws, we´d be savages, do you pull out that one insane law that disproofs me?

See what you did there? Are you aware that religion provided the first rulesets very early? Even before people could write down any laws? I hope you see that edit in time.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Then why does God call Jesus the word.

Genesis. in the beginning was the WORD.

We then have.

"Through him were all things made" referring to JESUS not God.

Why does Satan plead with Jesus NOT God?

You just quoted a verse where he's telling you he IS the father, that's why he's saying you'd know the father. Are you that blind?

He's literally saying "I am the father, you'd know that if you knew me". You just shot yourself in the foot.

He's an aspect of the triune godhead. God, the son and the holy spirit.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I know. So when I write, "if not for religion", you pull the worst one out and make it a case? If I write, if not for laws, we´d be savages, do you pull out that one insane law that disproofs me?

See what you did there?

Your claim was that without religions we'd all be savages.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join