It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's almost as if Muslim Islamic terrorists don't commit almost 100% of terrorist attacks around the world and follow a stone age, backwards, violent death cult of a religion.

We should all just stop paying attention to reality and ignore all the violence committed by this religion's followers.

These aren't the droids you are looking for.

edit on 29-5-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

I don´t know why, how should I know? Is the president of some random country now the yardstick when it comes to that??

So You got nothing.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Well said. I agree.

But what can't be ignored is the statistical correlation. It's a consequence of regional and cultural politics. In the south, you have Christians who have a different culture than in the north and some think much like ISIS and would behave like them if legally allowed. Now imagine if our political and legal culture in the US was like one of the ultra conservative nations in the Middle East. The Christians here would behave just like the extremists, using the Christian bible to justify killing (as it commands Christians to do).

On the flip side, you have countless Muslim living in western civilization cultures (and everywhere, really) who are indistinguishable from Christians in terms of carrying out their spirituality in peaceful ways.

But it is the way it is and it can't be ignored. There's nothing inherently unique about Islam that makes it more violent than Christianity; it's just a matter of the cultures in which it is practiced.

Whenever I want a good laugh....bam....there you are.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Sharia should be outlawed at the UN level then enforced by sanctioning all nations who practice it, it violates all conditions of human rights. It's stone age cave man ideology vs all the long march of historic introductions of human rights into governing.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990
They are, but it contradicts the argument the majority of muslims are peaceful. Sharia law definitly is not peaceful. That was the point I guess.

IF the numbers are correct. I think it´s less in reality and the numbers are pushed.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Well there's a saying... "The dinosaurs are not evolving" ever heard of it?

But I agree with you, eventually social justice and Islam will clash but then again... Homosexuality was a crime In many of our parents life times.

Some things take time.

Many people think the death penalty is barbaric for a first world nation such as the US too and although work has been done to make it more "humane" it's still killing people for a crime, many people in the developed world see homosexuality as a crime.

Things take time.

link   
a reply to: Konduit

I think your right but my problem is how that is being framed.

So lets take Qatar for instance.

The problem is not that all Muslims are homophobic the problem is that the state of Qatar has a horrible view on LBGT rights. There are other countries that have a large Muslim population where homosexuality does not carry the death penalty such as Indonesia and that is the largest Muslim country.

The issue of LGBT rights brought up quite a bit when discussing the Muslim world, quite rightly i think, we should challenge this. At the same time lets not forget that we have really only started to fully embrace LBGT right in the West in the last 40 or 50 years and some parts of the world are catching up.

But its a good point.

I think Islamophobia acts as a barrier to having a full discussion about this issue, its quite difficult to discuss it if your only reason for raising it is to defend a prejudiced anti-Islam view. However if you can be open to and accept Islam then i think it becomes easer to look at problems like this.
edit on 29-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Damiel
a reply to: Perfectenemy
No, you missunderstand :
to take one precept of one strand of any religion ...
to judge the whole..

Are Mormons (to continue the example) more likley to blow themselves up than Sunnis ?
I

I don't care. i never understood why religious people just get to choose in what holy book and who they believe in the first place. It defeats the whole purpose in my book. Conveniently ignoring all the bad sh!t and highlighting the good stuff is pretty insane. Changing or adjusting a holy book to fit your narrative sounds a lot like blasphemy.

link   

More than you it seems. What´s your point?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

The topic is Islamophobia. My question relates to the topic. It is not a dangerous question. Some posters here have made it clear that they are afraid of all Muslims. And if you want I'll make my question more clear. Will you be worried if you see a Muslim man wearing traditional dress on a plane? There are actually cases in real life when people got afraid.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

a reply to: TinySickTears

then please try to read my posts, no bad feelings. The second you stopped the curses I did, too.

Your picture of me is I go to church every sunday, think that the world is 6000years old, jesus walked over water and all that stuff. that I want to make advertisement for christianity here Right? Something along those lines?

Nothing of this is true about me. If you read all my posts in this thread without intending to find something to pull me through the dirt or redicule, you will get the real picture.

if you dont get over the cursing then youre not going to get far with my posts. i type like i talk and i curse a lot and i damn sure am not changing that for you.

and i already told you i have no picture of you so stop putting words in my mouth.
about the only thing i am picturing is youre a fan of the one we call jesus. thats it.
no more
none of this church on sunday #. none of the 6k year old earth #
i never said any of that

im also not pulling you through the dirt....i really dont know what your problem is.
you said something i thought was funny and i said as much....youre taking it way beyond that and i dont really know why.

link   

More than you it seems. What´s your point?

Lol, durp durp , yea the body count goes
Againts your propaganda, but hey dont let that stop ya from doubling down on stupid.

link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
The OP had some thoughts...
I present to you facts...
Pew-research data shows differently.

Correlate that with population densities of Muslims and you start to get an accurate picture.

Like clockwork the defenders of Islam show up after every terrorist attack talking about how these terrorists belong to a small minority of Islam. Yet to this day I have yet to see an actual movement within the Muslim world to denounce these acts.
Weird...
Meanwhile.

Excellent Jay. Gotta love 100% undeniable proof.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien
No, but I answered that to you already. Poor people when they get afraid because of a turban. Counter question: Do you think I´m an Islamophob based on what I wrote here?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

So let me start of by saying that when i say Islamophobia i am talking about those individuals who tar all of Islam with one brush, I am talking about the guy and galls who talk about the "religion of evil" or who after every terrorist attack start talking about ripping apart the Muslim faith, with some kind of cultural apartheid or even genocide.

These people who paint Islam as the big bad guy of the modern age, like the Nazi's of the 21st century or even worse.

Until the so called "moderates" rise up and ex-communicate the "radicals" for me personally i will consider the following statement "Extremist muslims want to cut off your head. Peaceful muslims want extremist muslims to cut off your head."

I think that those who hold these views actually do in some instances have a point but only when we look at specific Muslim countries for example Saudi-Arabia's views on homosexuality or in regions of Pakistan where genital mutilation is a epidemic evil girls are subjected to. I also don't doubt that within our own communities there are some Muslims who dont stand for our western values, hold violent radical beliefs grounded in a warped interpretation of their religion.

Its a cultural(i.e. tradition) thing. The currently values of Islam are not compatible with the west. Its simple as that. A small video to make a point. Is that thinking of those young persons compatible with the west ? Also consider the question: How many of the young "refugees" that coming to EU hold similar beliefs ?

I think people need to recognise that those who commit these acts of violence in the name of Islam are not true Muslims.

The indoctrination starts at mosques. Unless those "true" muslims rise up nothing will change.

I think if we focus our hate towards them rather than the Islamic faith then we can take some steps to beating them, because the more we piss off even more of our Muslim neighbours by treating them like the terrorists, the more they might be tempted by this cult of death.

I do not think that will help. The only thing that will help is that Islam reforms from within. Here is a video i have posted to another thread.

Peace

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Whatever, try to make a point at least. And please do point out my "propaganda" it get´s better every second..

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

In my post just after yours I noted that the death penalty is still practiced in the modern world and how homosexuality was still a crime in much of it 50 or less years ago.

We may not have officially executed homosexuality but the suicide rate was high and many were murdered in those days.

Then there's segregation... But that's for another thread.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

(how to recognize them, not everyone dresses traditionally).

the dude with the ice creams, sean john pants, echo shirt, big ass beard and a turban?

yeah thats a muslim
hahahahaah

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien
No, but I answered that to you already. Poor people when they get afraid because of a turban. Counter question: Do you think I´m an Islamophob based on what I wrote here?

The guys with the turbans are Sikhs and they hate muslims. Whole different religion.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Whatever, try to make a point at least. And please do point out my "propaganda" it get´s better every second..

Yea no, the real world is not what you read up on stormfront, so plz catch up on reality.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join