It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

My question stands. Why would people that according to your post, who were targeted, were innocent Iraqi's were tortured by allied forces or special forces units that dug bullets out of innocent villagers, so as not to get caught, or performed drone strikes in Yemen that destroyed entire villages in one cleans sweep, want to come to the land of those that hate them so much that they would commit those atrocities?

errrm what???

I dont quite get what you mean and I am not trying to be difficult.

Honestly dont know what you're trying to get at

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The word 'bomb' itself has no relevance to my point. I was using it as an example becuase it represents a 'threat'. I could've said firecrackers, or poisonous candy, or evil killer in a jack-n-a-box.

The point is if you knew there was a threat in a crowd of harmless things, would you still be open to it? Or is fearing that one dangerous possibility an irrational fear?
edit on 29-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It´s only funny if you ignore the deeper meaning. As you believe that every religion is cancer, well, that´s your opinion but a broad generalisation. I´ve got the impression you are smart, so why is it that you make that one exception that every religion is cancer, when you

a) do not know every religion to judge that
b) the rest of the time you don´t use generalisations and even speak out against them, in this thread.

You´re funny, too, somehow.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

but dude you posted that without religion we would be savages that kill and steal. 
you posted that in a thread about a religion where a huge number of them kill 

I wonder if he realizes the irony yet.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don´t "need" religion but I still live it to be a good example. It´s not about going to church or doing audible prayers. It´s simply a tool for moral. I teached that to my kids, I said if you don´t believe in a god, okay, but at least look at it without bias before you brush it away.

I was raised extremly catholic and I hated it. It´s not about being catholic, or evangelic or muslim or jew. It´s about what the messages those teachings convey.

And if I hear that someone hates religion and says it´s cancer, it simply shows me he has not understood that. Of course you can teach moral without religion, too.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

It´s only funny if you ignore the deeper meaning. As you believe that every religion is cancer, well, that´s your opinion but a broad generalisation. I´ve got the impression you are smart, so why is it that you make that one exception that every religion is cancer, when you

a) do not know every religion to judge that
b) the rest of the time you don´t use generalisations and even speak out against them, in this thread.

You´re funny, too, somehow.

i dont state any of it as fact though. it is my opinion(like i have stated many times) and i think the world would be a much better place without religion.
people see things through different eyes.

i guess you see love and miracles and all that #

i see hate
i see discrimination
i see morals trying to be pushed onto others

that is what i see through my eyes.
it is my opinion so it is not wrong

i would love to wake up tomorrow and live in a world where religion never was....it might be a #ed situation but it is something i would be willing to risk

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Of course I realized the irony from the start!!
Again, If you say we need laws, not religion, I could find you one law that contradicts something and then every other law is flawed? That´s the problem I have when you both think it´s so funny, yet I was certainly not talking about islam.

Just like you would not talk about that one bad law, when you want to discuss the values of law. Got that?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

The difference is the laws change, religions don't.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

i guess you see love and miracles and all that #

Bull#. But now I know what you think of me and that you read my posts, but you do not think about them. As an electronics engineer that basically teaches "math is the language of the nature and physics" I can attest you I certainly don´t believe in someone walking over water, by miracle.

If that´s what you think most catholics believe, boy you are so wrong. Deny ignorance.

(post by Perfectenemy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

. Of course you can teach moral without religion, too.

that is my point. thanks for saying it

so it is my opinion we would be better off without it

again

people would not be killing each other in the name of religion if there was no religion....correct?

people would not discriminate against a person due to sexual preferences for example if their book did not speak against it...correct?

of course they could still discriminate against them for the # of it but take the religion out of it and that is one less thing

thats how i see it man and i am never going to change my mind on this....im 40 years old and believe me i have pondered this a lot over the years....ive pondered it in various states of mind and my conclusion is always the same

having said all that you want to believe, worship, whatever then have at it. that is your right

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Of course they do. Best example being the old and new testament, when we stay with christianity.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Sounds like a good reason to be a little bit more cautious when bringing mass waves of unvetted migrants into Europe, wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I worship moral, nothing else. You still are not able to see through your blinds. Your picture of me is completely false and that´s because of you general bias against religion.

Please read my posts before you pick out one sentence and hack an answer together in like 20 seconds. You do that all the time, ignoring most of my posts and picking out one thing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy
I tried to avoid bringing it up but here we go. We always have to apologize a 1000x times when a jew gets killed by a Nazi. I'm not joking. The Anne Frank Center(wtf are they even doing all this time except complaining of course) jumps at our throats the second a Nazi does something horrible. At this point i'm like f#ck you i'm done apologizing for every sh!t that happened since WW2 but we still get blamed every f#cking single time. People even went out of there way to defend Daesh when they got hit by the MOAB. Muslims are the new jews if you say anything bad about them you are branded a Nazi for life. F#ck this sh!t.

You just brought up Godwin's law to a new level.
Grats.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

i was being a smart ass so calm down
i really dont think anything of you past some of your posts in this thread are funny.
thats as far as it goes

you and i can go into another thread about another topic and be besties....i do it all the time with people on here.

only a few usernames/avatars stick out to me for various reasons

shy of those few tomorrow in another thread about another topic i wont even remember it was you that posted the things that made me laugh in this thread.

it is just not that important to me

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I worship moral, nothing else. You still are not able to see through your blinds. Your picture of me is completely false and that´s because of you general bias against religion.

Please read my posts before you pick out one sentence and hack an answer together in like 20 seconds. You do that all the time, ignoring most of my posts and picking out one thing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i dont have a picture of you period. you made me laugh at some of the things you posted on this topic in this thread.
thats as far as it goes

# man its a message board. dont take it so serious

(post by OtherSideOfTheCoin removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I've been curious about this... how many of you would be "worried" if you see a Muslim man on a plane? Be honest. I want to see how good of a propaganda the right is spreading.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

But they are using the name of the religion and that´s why the peaceful muslims should speak out loud and clear. And now we´re back at page one, because that was my argument.

THEY DO SPEAK OUT!!!

Watch the video someone posted actually at the start of this thread in it the woman talks about how despite most Germans being peaceful people they still killed 6 million Jews.

The media only focuses on what the bad people are doing, its the same with everything, every day we have a story about how the NHS is failing for example, but nothing about the hundreds of lives saved every year.

If you want to you can just go onto YouTube and search for "Muslims denouncing extremists" there is loads of it all over the net.

What more do you want, do you want to talk about the thousands of Muslims that are fighting against ISIS in Iraq and Syria, because they are the ones spilling blood in the fight against ISIS not you or I.

What you wrote is so true. I think the media just shows stories in line with the war profiteering Pentagon agenda. The last thing they want is peace. The long war is NOT supposed to end.

Sometimes we need to fight for peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join