It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite easy-peasy cookie recipes ... so long as no has nut allergies that is! I found it online somewhere (forget where), but what really makes it good is if you use a nice natural peanut butter as opposed to a sweetened one. Smuckers will work well, but if you have a favorite brand, by all means, use it.

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c chunky peanut butter (creamy also works just fine)
1 c granulated sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips

1. Cream together butter and peanut butter
2. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla and cream with butters
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4. Beat in to creamed mixture
5. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Spoon dough on to baking sheet and bake for 8 to 9 minutes at 350 degrees

*Do not overcook!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I´ll try that if you can name me a good brand of peanutbutter. What you get here is junk. What is the unit "c", does this mean cup? If so, great, I like recipes like that. I don´t mess with a scale if I cook.

Edit: I guess its 350°F, that would be roughly 175°C for us metric people?
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is one of my favorite easy-peasy cookie recipes ... so long as no has nut allergies that is! I found it online somewhere (forget where), but what really makes it good is if you use a nice natural peanut butter as opposed to a sweetened one. Smuckers will work well, but if you have a favorite brand, by all means, use it.

1/2 c butter, softened
1/2 c chunky peanut butter (creamy also works just fine)
1 c granulated sugar
1 c packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips

1. Cream together butter and peanut butter
2. Add sugars, egg, and vanilla and cream with butters
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
4. Beat in to creamed mixture
5. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Spoon dough on to baking sheet and bake for 8 to 9 minutes at 350 degrees

*Do not overcook!

Almost identical to my cookies, I use two eggs though and about one and three quarters cups of flour.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter
Smuckers makes natural peanut peanut butter.

Basically, what you want is peanuts, salt, and the natural oil that comes from making peanut butter. No added sugar. I am sure that the recipe was likely made with sweetened peanut butter in mind though, so it probably works just fine that way, just a lot sweeter.

C is cup.

And, yeah, about 176 C.
edit on 29-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Smuckers, okay. How about Reeses, I never had the peanutbutter. I have to order it online somewhere anyways, I´m sure it´s not sold in my country.

How I miss those american donuts. BigFatFurryTexan already told me one secret (the oil) and it´s very close but something is missing...

But I guess the Reese´s is sweetened...
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

From what I remember grocery shopping, it is. Like I said, you can try it though. You're just going to get a sweeter cookie, but I'm sure the recipe was made with a sweetened peanut butter to begin with so it should be fine.

We just prefer the natural stuff in our house.

Try doing a search for natural peanut butter and that might help.

I might be stretching things here, but I don't think it's that difficult to make your own batch of peanut butter if you can get the peanuts and have a good food processor.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Last time you made that avocado thread, I had just finished eating one before I saw it.

And now you make a peanut butter cookie thread, and guess what? I just finished eating one..

Mine are also home made, but my recipe is a lot more simple than yours (because I try to keep them as healthy as possible), but this recipe looks delicious.

In fact, I'm eating another cookie as I type this.

MmmMm..

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Can I replace the processed sugar with brown or does this hurt the texture and makes them more prone to pull moist? More of a general question, I´ll try the original recipt. Just have to make a batch of peanutbutter then. I´ll roast them and throw them into the blender on interval. At least that´s what my google fu brought up.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Replace chocolate chips with peanut butter m&ms.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

They spread out more with brown sugar: also more chewy. Try a half batch and give us your book report!

Besides you can always eat your expiraments!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Copied that bad boy! Could make em now except I am out of peanut butter!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Like seeker, If I had the peanuts here, I´d be already munching on the cookies by now

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I just made some peanut butter bourbon brownies ...does that count ? But I am copying your recipe !

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So c means cup, not the size...?

I'll note this recipe and will try it with the boys this weekend. The cookies should last until sleep time, because I know my boys.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Darker brown sugar will make them spread out more than lighter brown sugar will. So I would expect that if you have natural sugar they might spread out a bit more, but you would be fine.

In today's batch, we had dark brown sugar and ours spread out to be thin cookies, but they taste good. When we make them with light brown sugar, they are less spread out.

I think if you are talking raw sugar, you should be fine. I would guess it can't be any more moist than dark brown sugar would be.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thank you for the recipe,I told my son about finding this recipe on here and he has made me promise to make it soon as I have the time
In my country we have an Awesome brand of peanut butter,Black Cat,available in crunchy and smooth.Its one of those "since forever" local products that is still exactly as good now as it was when I was a kid,back in the mists of time
Will post some pics soon as I have the first batch out of the oven.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

DROOOOL!

There is one, well two things, I can't keep in my house because they don't last more than 12 hours.

Peanut butter cookies and Reese Cups!

I LOVE PB cookies especially ones made with chunky peanut butter. The more PB the better and I add dark chocolate Ghiradeli chocolate chips to them. OH yummy in my tummy! Add a big glass of ice cold milk and I'm happy.

I'll have to try your recipe! I like trying other people's cookie recipes. Baking isn't my thing so I don't spend too much time perfecting those recipe. lol I WILL spend some time on PB cookies.

top topics

join