It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia Declares All Atheists Are Terrorists In New Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

Ee by gum , open for business ?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Religion of peace strikes again? Oh wait! I wasn't supposed to label the entire demographic of Saudi Arabia as muslim. Oops. Ah f*ck it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And we sold them arms.
SMFH

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
*takes Saudi Arabia off his travel list*

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 29-5-2017 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

Trying to cause an emnity.

You dumbass fake Christians are really desperate aint you? As an atheist, in response, I'd say **** ***.

?

Well, I really despise the Saudis so, you know. You can go kiss their rump for all I care.

Take a knee while you are at it.
edit on 29-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

And we sold them arms.
SMFH

I know, disgusting isn't it that we so openly deal with these people.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Our founding fathers had it right from the start. A total wall of seperation between church and state is a necessity.....because one man's God is another mans con.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
OP, this was just an April Fools joke lol.
Only actual credible source I could find, and it's from April 1st
Link

edit on 29-5-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
OP, this was just an April Fools joke lol.
Only actual credible source I could find, and it's from April 1st
Link

I found quite a few, all with varying dates.

IRONY...: Saudi Arabia Denounces All Atheists As Terrorists
www.dailywire.com/news/1855/irony-saudi-arabia-denounces-all-atheists-joshua-yasmeh#exit-modal

Saudi Arabia’s new law defines atheism as “terrorism”, bans all criticism of government
richarddawkins.net...

Atheists Classified As Terrorists Under New Saudi Arabian Laws
www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: Kuroodo

So I guess you missed this on the 1st page???

originally posted by: LockNLoad
The link in the OP references a report from a group called "Human Rights Watch", HRW references a " Ben Emmerson, the UN special rapporteur on human rights and counter-terrorism" and gives a link to the United Nations Human Rights Office of the Commissioner web page, that page has a direct link to the actual report of Ben Emmerson.

The first mention of Saudi Arabia and atheists is the article by HRW (see above link) nowhere in the original report by Ben Emmerson or the report from the UNHR Office of the Commissioner is there 'any' mention of atheists, or declaring "All Atheists Are Terrorists"

In fact Ben Emmersons original report states:

"The Special Rapporteur commends the transparency and the courteous, constructive and co-operative way in which the Government initiated and facilitated this official visit"

and

"The Special Rapporteur commends the efforts by the Government and its institutions to alleviate suffering of victims of terrorism through comprehensive programs involving financial, psychological, educational, career opportunities and moral support."

and

"Particularly impressive were the unique, professional, evidence-based and imaginative rehabilitation and re-integration programmes designed in the Mohammed Bin Naif Counselling and Care Centre. This facility houses terrorist prisoners who are nearing the end of their sentences and provides them with a range of alternative life skills, from psychotherapy to religious instruction, which are designed to entrench a counter-narrative to radicalisation and prepare them for release. The centre claims an 86% non-recidivism rate and its methodology deserves the attention of other States considering the adoption of counter-radicalisation programmes for convicted offenders.".

And to be fair the report also states:

"Despite many positive developments, the Special Rapporteur would like to share some observations, concerns and recommendations with regard to the unacceptably broad definition of terrorism, and the use of the 2014 counter-terrorism law and other national security provisions against human rights defenders, writers, bloggers, journalists and other peaceful critics. He would also like to raise the continuing problems relating to the prevention of torture of terrorist suspects during investigation; the reported use of confessions obtained by duress during interrogation, the use of the death penalty following proceedings in which there are reported due process shortcomings; and the need for greater transparency about civilian casualties in Saudi Arabia’s extra-territorial counter-terrorism operation in Yemen and allegation of support from sources within Saudi Arabia for armed opposition groups in Syria.

The Special Rapporteur considers that the definition of terrorism in the 2014 Law on Counter Terrorism and its Financing fails to comply with international human rights standards of legal certainty. Any definition of terrorism should be confined to acts or threats of violence that are committed for religious, political or ideological motives, and that are aimed at putting the public or section of the public in fear or to coerce a government or international organization to take or refrain from taking any action."

And to what the original report states (contrary to whats the OP report states):

"article 1 of 2014 Law enables the criminalization of a wide spectrum of acts of peaceful expression, which are viewed by the authorities as endangering “national unity” or undermining “the reputation or position of the State”."

So while it 'appears' SA is cracking down on terrorist acts in their country and the UNHR Commission sees good progress there are still somethings that they (UNHR) think needs to be approved upon.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

To be fair, most atheists have no desire to go to SA. As for those who were born there, they are definately terrified now.

I find most religions terrifying.

I'm pretty sure they consider christians atheists though.
edit on 30-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join