It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

errr.... where is everyone????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Maybe he is Lording over skeptics on the other site , filterfact.com

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Maybe life has gotten in the way of these members ATS time.....or you've just shown that many, if not all you mentioned may be one single person.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It's sad to see, but Im sure many of those members have left or dont post as much for good reason.

Wish em well, right?

Proof is in the puddin'.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: schuyler
Aww, you poor whiners aren't getting enough love!

If you think anyone is coming to ATS for love..... then i think you might be on the wrong site.

We don't come for love, but to converse with like minded people who love a good conspiracy or the unexplained.
The political fighting is beyond tiresome, as are the trolls who manage to derail perfectly good threads with snark or injecting politics when there were none.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Immediacy is the drug , the rest is just waiting for it to return

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I miss Cheesy.

But you're right, lots of awol peeps.

Me too, I miss Cheesy, he's everybody's buddy *cries*

I think he took a job that required relocating at least for a time to a remote area with either spotty or non-existent internet. I'd have to read through his post history to be certain, but I'm reasonably sure that's what happened to him.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I haven't been typing much lately.
Got a fag wrist on my left hand from boxing.
I'm using my right birdie and my left thumb to compose.
What ever became of EXPAT?
edit on 29-5-2017 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I was away for a few months due to travelling, but popped in two or three times and noticed the same ish. It's like the movie 'Ground Hog Day' in here lately.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this and has any incite into what is going on?!!?!?

This thread "Should white chefs sell burritos? A Portland food cart’s revealing controversy" was started about 20 minutes ago. Perhaps it might answer your question:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The political trolling threads can be ended if all members force themselves to ignore it and not Flag or Star or even comment. The less attention it's given the less they'll be created.

As for the members who left. They did exactly what I just said. They gave less attention to this site knowing it will become a political hot topic site.

There aren't even conspiracies within the thread themselves.. rarely is there, but majority are personal insults and useless comebacks.

The funny thing is the old members are calling out and complaining about the threads while at the same time engaging in them.

Whatever.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
The political trolling threads can be ended if all members force themselves to ignore it and not Flag or Star or even comment. The less attention it's given the less they'll be created.

As for the members who left. They did exactly what I just said. They gave less attention to this site knowing it will become a political hot topic site.

There aren't even conspiracies within the thread themselves.. rarely is there, but majority are personal insults and useless comebacks.

The funny thing is the old members are calling out and complaining about the threads while at the same time engaging in them.

Whatever.
I will speak of politics never again. I have chewed it up and I have spat it out.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

Pure gold. The complete truth.

Those that constantly post them get attention...a LOT of attention. If they stopped getting that attention....they'd most likely post else where on the internet where they could get attention.

However: ATS is so politically divided, they will always get that attention.

ATS is a political gold mine. Does not matter what side of the aisle you're on. It has been this way since well before I registered as a member. As long as there is political lines to draw, there will be threads fanning the flames that cause those political divide.

The pros that do it here know that it's pretty much a given that they'll end up with a very long lasting thread with lots of stars and flags, so they post it here. Politics gets more attention on here than anything else at this time.

Those who are not into it pretty much wandered off long ago. Just not their cup of tea (and I can't say I blame them).

You have others that became consumed by the politics on here.....and I watched as over the election they became more and more shrill, the exploded after the election. Some of them are still here....posting still, others: they got burned. They allowed the partisan politics to consume them and finally got so rude, so insulting, that they ended up crossing a line one too many times with the staff here, and are no more.

I'd love to see an ATS with no politics.....but that would be unreasonable of me to expect that. Let's face it: some of the biggest conspiracy ideas involve the government.......and political parties. Big Foot is not going to keep ATS afloat.

I think what would help is if we could get some things happening out there: Big UFO flap. A newly undiscovered Mayan type calendar with a new end date (not that I believed the 2012 one). A whole bunch of new comets flying by (let's face it: the Electric Comet threads were pretty big on here in years past). Have the magnetic poles flip already. Some really big CMEs from the sun.

Of course, ATS has always been member content driven. Right now, most of what members are bringing are political in nature (as though somehow ATS is going to get rid of Trump.....or convert anti-Trump people into pro-Trump).

There are some other things to consider when it comes to older members: nothing is forever. People loose interest, have life changes, find something they feel is better, or simply get too busy for ATS.

End of the day though, what you said is true: if people spend less time in the political threads, and more time in non-political threads, we would see a big change.

But I don't see that happening too soon. People on here love to hate each other over politics. It's like an addictive drug. They just can't help themselves.....and like a lot of addictive drugs: it ultimately can destroy them.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
I miss Cheesy.

But you're right, lots of awol peeps.

I do too. Cheesy was always enthusiastic about Astronomy. Great member. 👍😊

This actually a Mr. Bean Avatar. I had a good chuckle when I found out.

I loved when the owners and mods would pop in. It was kind of motivational in a good way.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Bunkers.
They've gone to their bunkers.

Ha.. if only you knew..

It's a secret though...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Meh if you can't beat them, join them.

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

When I was younger I loved going to bars and clubs on the weekends. I've got a pretty good sense of humor and generally was a very gregarious and fun guy after a few drinks. Hanging out with a large group of friends and strangers was extremely enjoyable and compelling for me. It was something I looked forward to doing all week long.

However I quickly learned that some people can't handle their liquor and I developed quite a knack for picking out which guy or group of guys were going to get a few drinks into them and then start throwing sucker punches or starting trouble.

Once I pegged a person or group as having that trait - I avoided them like the plague and steered clear. Not out of fear or because I'm all snowflakey... But because cuts and bruises hurt, bouncers are big and generally don't discriminate who is wrong or right in a melee and holding cells just plain suck.

I'm sharing this anecdotal information because for quite a few months now, America has felt a lot to me like a bar filled to overflowing with guys who can't hold their liquor... Like opening up and being jovial or trying to engage in debate is just going to end up being the match that unnecessarily sparks the powder keg.

I feel like we, as a society are precariously close to critical mass.

In the past few months I've lost friends and family members to the rhetorical divide - so I've circled my wagons, realized that now isn't really the time for talk and am treading very carefully - paying attention to every word said and every reply I offer.

When the feeling of critical mass subsides, if it does, I'll happily order a shot and start trying to be gregarious once again.

Until then... I'm here nearly every day. I read and watch. But I hold my tongue so that I don't inadvertently add any fuel to the fires.

Same here, bro.

I got tired of the political rhetoric , started moving away from it. It caused hardship with some of my friends, and I regret that. It's not what I wanted. It just happens.

So, we all just move along until the dust settles.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

He got banned years ago mate, shame though as he was fun.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I still pop by a few times a week but rarely comment as there is not a great deal that interests me here anymore.

It seems that conspiracys and speculation are not even allowed here any more and unless you want to talk about the iradication of Muslims or what Trump said today then no one wants to talk.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It seems that conspiracys and speculation are not even allowed here any more and unless you want to talk about the iradication of Muslims or what Trump said today then no one wants to talk.

Pretty sure the only thing that could spark some interest there is if Trump converted to islam, with Obama involved in the ceremony.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join