It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down syndrome woman blasts abortion genocide in UN speech, gets a standing ovation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

A 21-year-old woman with Down syndrome gave an impassioned plea to the United Nations in March against the targeted killing of babies with her condition.

Charlotte “Charlie” Fien likened the growing genocide of Down’s babies to the Nazi euthanasia programs of the 1930s.

“I am not suffering,” Fien told the UN body in Geneva. “I am not ill. None of my friends who have Down’s syndrome are suffering either. We live happy lives.”

Not much to add. We are at so many cross roads as a "global community".
Her speech hit me just right, almost begging others not kill all the babies with an extra chromosome was hard hitting. This is a side to the abortion debate I have never seen.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Lefties aren't going to like this but it's true.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Considering most abortions are performed on healthy normal cells, I don't see how this makes much difference.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Explain.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly. Might as well be a healthy 9 year old begging women not to abort "them".

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Most abortions are performed because the mother wants an abortion. The possibility of downs or any other abnormal condition is a factor in only a few cases.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Parents may not want to have a downs child. I don't see how that is a problem. Having a child with downs or other issues requires a lot more work for parents. In the future, Down's syndrome may be able to be prevented altogether. What's wrong with wanting healthy normal babies?

link   

Can anyone really prove that abortion is murder? The Bible, in its original languages, doesn't even make such a claim.

link   
In the bigger picture....There is another side to this argument ....

There a problem for every parent to be of any type of disabled/dependent

child, and that is ....

WHO WILL CARE FOR THEM WHEN I AM GONE

A family member with a severely autistic child, now a young man has decided that

when she knows her end is near, they will leave this earth together.

I am heart broken for her....but I do understand.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Considering most abortions are performed on healthy normal cells, I don't see how this makes much difference.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good lefty jab.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

She wasn't calling for an end to all abortions, just ones where the only reason is Down's syndrome.

A 21-year-old woman with Down syndrome gave an impassioned plea to the United Nations in March against the targeted killing of babies with her condition.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Nothing is wrong with wanting normal babies.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

I I need to explain it to you, you would not understand.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

Can anyone really prove that abortion is murder? The Bible, in its original languages, doesn't even make such a claim.

Just as easily as you can prove its not murder.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I think the opposite would be true seeing that most xtians don't understand their own Bibles. But you seem to be implying that abortion is genocide, so you get to explain how.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

I won't even use the Bible.

* Arbitrarily killing humans is murder.
* Unborn children are human.
* Abortion kills unborn children.
* The majority of abortions (~98%) are arbitrary decisions based on convenience, not medical issues.

Therefore:

Aborting unborn children for non-medical reasons is murder.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The bible does make a claim about the value of lives.
Until you're one month old it's 0.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I am a healthy 42 year old given up for adoption. My birth mother loved me enough to give me life!
My Birth Mom Rocks!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Meh. I am all for late term abortions and ending the lives of people who can't function as our society deems fit including criminals and mentally "handicapped" people.

I am an asshole, I know.

It's cool when we are doing alright and don't have to worry about the survival of our species. As long as that is going all well, let everyone live who doesn't do physical harm to the society.

What if degenerative diseases and illness become prominent? What % of "retarded" people being reproduced is enough to throw up flags or even take actions? It's all fun and games as long as we are surviving. Don't expect the same understanding from me if this changes. If we start going down hill and our reproduction follows, destroy anyone getting in the way of progress.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

The bible has zero to do with the murder/not murder or killing/not killing debate.

Platitudes is what is argued.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join