It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Their First MEMORIAL DAY as President - Obama Vacationed - - Trump Honors Our Fallen.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Monday, May 29, 2017 MEMORIAL DAY.

Another stark contrast between President Obama's and President Trump's first year in office, is on display today.

President Obama decided to go ON VACATION, his first Memorial Day in office.
dailysignal.com...
(BTW.. The Main Stream Media didn't give a rats ass that he snubbed our heros)

As with the Obama-Trump EASTER contrast, President Trump once again rose above personal selfishness, to make country, patriotism, honor and empathy, his #1 Priority this MEMORIAL DAY.

Excerpted from: www.foxnews.com...

"President Trump visited Arlington National Cemetery on Monday to perform one of the most solemn duties as commander-in-chief—laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

The president gave his first Memorial Day address, after laying the wreath, like so many presidents before him, as part of the ceremony to remember, and honor, the men and women who died fighting for the United States of America.

“Thank you for joining us as we honor the brave warriors who gave their lives for ours--Spending their last moments on this earth in defense of this great country and its people,” Trump began.

-end

edit on Mon May 29 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote & added EX TAGS IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on 5/29/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Every other weekend: Trump in Mar-a-Lago spending millions in tax payer money for him to relax and play golf.
edit on 5/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You really need to let go of the Obama thing. He's gone. History. No more. It doesn't matter what he does.

It's not his job to go to memorial day ceremonies anymore.

What do you think Trump was doing this day last year?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The stark differences in these men is obvious

Obama had a different idea of what this country was/is about and who and what made it that way.

+16 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
You really need to let go of the Obama thing. He's gone. History. No more. It doesn't matter what he does.

It's not his job to go to memorial day ceremonies anymore.

What do you think Trump was doing this day last year?

Obama and Hillary are far from "gone".

Their Scorched Earth plans are still deep inside the government !!

Their necks need to be stepped on every chance they give us.

edit on May-29-2017 by xuenchen because: gladio

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Even when on Vacation Trump works and gets stuff accomplished. When Obama vacationed it was obvious not much was accomplished. So he was on vacation when he met the leader of China or just at his vacation spot which he can conduct business to a degree.

However the point here is how Obama had no respect for our country and its soldiers in comparison to Trump. Just his first year collage compared to Obamas is going to be epic.

edit on 29-5-2017 by randomthoughts12 because: Slipped

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Every other weekend: Trump in Mar-a-Lago spending millions in tax payer money for him to relax and play golf.

Since you brought it up, that's almost as much as Obama cost us for his Hawaii vacation.............and that was just one vacation. But I believe this thread is about honoring our fallen on Memorial Day, not the cost of vacations. But since you brought it up....

"This week we received expense records from the Department of Homeland Security revealing that Secret Service expenses for the Obama family vacation to Honolulu during December 2013-January 2014 cost taxpayers at least $316,698.03. These new expense records bring the total for the Hawaii Christmas vacation trip to $8,098,060.33."
www.judicialwatch.org...
edit on 5jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

That's an outright lie.

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama marked his first Memorial Day as president on Monday, saluting the men and women of America's fighting forces, both living and dead, as "the best of America."

The president spoke after participating in a solemn holiday tradition, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, the burial ground for American veterans dating to the Revolutionary War.

Link

Nice try.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

That's an outright lie.

WASHINGTON — Barack Obama marked his first Memorial Day as president on Monday, saluting the men and women of America's fighting forces, both living and dead, as "the best of America."

The president spoke after participating in a solemn holiday tradition, laying a wreath at the Tomb of the Unknowns at Arlington National Cemetery, the burial ground for American veterans dating to the Revolutionary War.

Link

Nice try.

Ouch.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

However the point here is how Obama had no respect for our country and its soldiers in comparison to Trump.

I believe another poster has already disproved this thread. It doesn't hurt to research things before taking them at face value.

President Ronald Reagan was away from Arlington on Memorial Day on four occasions during his eight years in office: In 1981, Reagan (having been seriously wounded in an assassination attempt six weeks earlier) spent the Memorial Day weekend at his ranch in Santa Barbara, California, while Vice-President George H.W. Bush laid the wreath at Arlington. In 1983, he attended a summit meeting in Williamsburg, Virginia, while Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Thayer represented the administration at the wreath-laying ceremony. In 1987, Reagan spent Memorial Day at the Camp David presidential retreat while Navy Secretary James Webb participated in the wreath-laying ceremony. And on Memorial Day 1988, he was out of the U.S., attending a summit meeting in Moscow.

Source

Trump supporters seem to idolize Reagan for the most part yet Reagan missed 4 (3 not including him being wounded after assassination attempt) Memorial Day services.

Typical though, partisan bias clouding the facts.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obamas vacation doesn't seem right. I think I would have remembered that he snubbed the vets.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I almost forgot to say:

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Whether you're right or wrong Reagan has nothing to do with it. I was not born in 1980 so this seems like a nice deflection. I am open to debate and more information always. However to disprove a opinion I think not. Until Trump has been in there longer you can't say factually who is more respectful in their tenure. From my point of view Trump has been more gracious and respectful than Obama and it has showed.

I was pushed to Trump due to bias but the biased from the left which I was a registered Democrat and voted for Bill Clinton.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: randomthoughts12

Whether you're right or wrong Reagan has nothing to do with it.

So what does Obama in 2009 have to do with Trump today? Obama is just as relevant as Reagan at this point.

Until Trump has been in there longer you can't say factually who is more respectful in their tenure.

Yet you had the gall to call Trump more respectful than Obama just a few posts ago. Make up your mind.

Sorry you fell for fake news, not my fault though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Obama resents our military and law enforcement for that matter. That was pretty clear for 8 long years

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I almost forgot to say:

FAKE NEWS ALERT!!!!!

Please don't be disrespectful, I have friends and family buried at Arlington, and my cousin was awarded the CMH for giving his life to save his men in Vietnam.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Hahahaha op failed again, but but but obama ate your dog.

Trumptards doubling down on stupid.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Did you even read the post? It is not about what he is doing now, it is referring to when he was president and what he did his first Memorial Day ,which is vacationed.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
A poster who screams about wanting to lock the press up for reporting "fake" news gets busted in their own thread for reporting fake news..

Priceless.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

No disrespect to them at all, I'm just calling this thread for what it is, misleading and untrue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join