It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany - and what you think you know about it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

And watch out for the hairy hands of Dartmoor, Devon and Cornwall police don't accept it as an excuse if you crash your car while over the limit.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Funny, I had to google "Blaue Nonne" because it´s that locally, I never heard of it in my whole life ^^. Black tower, never heard of them although the claim to be No1 wine maker in Germany.

It also has a screw bottle cap. That means it has never seen any wood barrel

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
No kidding! I tried using the excuse that the hound of the Baskerville ran out in front of me and they wouldn't accept that one either.
a reply to: grainofsand

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Screw top wine, the scourge of the connisuer.
a reply to: verschickter

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I think I know that Sven Vath is one hell of cool dude and if he's an average German you are a lucky bunch.
I also think I know that I've bought a ton of imported vinyl from Germany that always went down a storm with any crowd when I used to play out.
I also think I know I wished I'd been to the club Tresor but I've never been much of a traveller so that's my loss.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I was in London 15 years ago, the street food there was awesome. The classic fish&chips, I normally dislike fish but those I liked very much. Fried snickers, not so much ^^.

English breakfast is something I do in every hotel that has it available at breakfast. Yummy.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
- We do not pay the 2% NATO.
Partly wrong. It´s not mandatory but I agree, we´re not paying enough.

How can it be "partly wrong". It is completely true. Germany does not pay the agreed proportion of GDP on defence. In 2016 Germany fell short of their obligations to NATO and defence by a cool 25 bln Euros, as they spend only 1.2% of GDP on defence. That's the price of their failure to be a good Europeans.

Luxembourg and Belgium, the two nations at the heart of the EU are even worse failures spending 0.42% and 0.91% respectively.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

Sven Väth is an iconic electro DJ, I one visited his Cocoon Club in Frankfurth think that was around 2004/05. Not sure if it´s still there but we partied until the sweat came down the ceiling in drops. If you want a real underground electro/trance/"techno" club, go search the M1 in Stuttgart if it´s still there. It´s underground, the entrance, just ask people there and they show you where to find the stairs.

Keep your drinks around you if you are a women though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi
It´s very easy why it´s partly wrong.

Right: We do not pay the 2% completely
Wrong: It´s mandatory.

Know your stuff.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

I'm way past my clubbing days now.
Done more than my fair share of partying and DJed in some pretty awesome places too.
Early 90s was an amazing time. Its fair to say that I overindulged in a lot of madness.
My back is too screwed up these days, don't get out much.
Cool one going to Cocoon. Sounds like a good night out. Doin' it proper!!!

edit on 29-5-2017 by Tulpa because: Damned autospell!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

- No sense of humor
We can be rediculous as well. We are very direct. if someone asks us "How´s your day?" We will answer you that question to the fullest extend. Most Germans are a bit reserved towards new friends, because we value friendships and relations very much. Someone we know for ten years is not a friend just because we know them that long. We do not open up that fast but when we do, you can have the blast of your life. Our fests are exactly for that, having a great funny time.

So the joke that it only takes one German to screw in a lightbulb because you are efficient and humorless is not true?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Jürgen Klopp, the funniest manager in the English Premier League.
'nuff said.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Jein

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   

He certainly loves his job and doesn´t take himself too serious, a treat that makes him very likeable.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Jein

See, I knew it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

He's a breath of fresh air compared to that miserable prick Arsène Wenger...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa
I was certainly one of the oldest there and I think it was the last time I went to a club. It was a bachelor farewell of a good friend. Nowadays I prefer my garden and silence, too.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Used up my daily portion of humor already, need to resort to vagueness now. Does not compute anymore

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

LMFAO, another German who is funny

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

but it´s the truth, see Lagomorphes latest thread, blame him ^^.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

British humor killed mine
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join