It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I really hope I find some entertaining/fruitful/enlightening discussions here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Sad that your intro got shilled spammed and shilled out...

Was this not an intro thread and non USA political?????

Welcome to the new ATS...

Sadly

Lags
edit on 29-5-2017 by Lagomorphe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DiaJax

Welcome new member! Look no further...the info's so bright...you'll have to wear shades!

Cya 'round the forums..............................

MS

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I too seek to become a sponge & soak up the wide variations of comments/replies/individual viewpoints some of which are really outside-the-box

far too often the speed of replies are too fast-&-furious for me to delve into at any depth...I really need to get back into my practice of contemplating a subject on a much more focused way than any type of social-media provides...

~for instance~ I feel a need to go into trance to try to fathom the 'Tabby Star Anomaly' but the pace of ATS is not so conducive to that action...

I might be suggesting, in a round-about way, that finding those types of discussions is a horse-of-a-different-color than participating in (interesting) discussions

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Over time I would always find myself going to the comment section cause I get a better feel for the information being discussed. More and more often now there is no comment section and I feel as though I'm missing out. So now I'm here, I don't know how long it will last but hopefully it will satisfy the need for kneading of information.

Hello and welcome. Me too. Theres two sides to every story.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

I really would love to get a proper American perspective?
There's none left. They're all compromised if you ask me.

Wow ! Is that true ? I've never seen it broken down like that .....of course I know the news media is colluding with whom they want, you can just see and hear it .... But are those the true stats ?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There are two pieces of essential equipment required.
Hip waders and knife-proof ear muffs.

Welcome !

Buck

edit on 29-5-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

originally posted by: D8Tee

I really would love to get a proper American perspective?
There's none left. They're all compromised if you ask me.

Wow ! Is that true ? I've never seen it broken down like that .....of course I know the news media is colluding with whom they want, you can just see and hear it .... But are those the true stats ?

Yes it is true.
Business Insider link

NOTE: This infographic is from last year and is missing some key transactions. GE does not own NBC (or Comcast or any media) anymore. So that 6th company is now Comcast. And Time Warner doesn't own AOL, so Huffington Post isn't affiliated with them.

But the fact that a few companies own everything demonstrates "the illusion of choice," Frugal Dad says. While some big sites, like Digg and Reddit aren't owned by any of the corporations, Time Warner owns news sites read by millions of Americans every year.

Wikipedia

Over time the amount of media merging has increased and the number of media outlets have increased. That translates to fewer companies owning more media outlets, increasing the concentration of ownership.[1] In 1983, 90% of US media was controlled by 50 companies; today, 90% is controlled by just 5 companies

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
As a fellow new comer welcome to the forums

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join