It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The feel good zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Love and appreciation, yeah, in one way or another it is something most of us are trained into right from the start. When we do what mum and dad want we enter the field, when we don't, we enter the field of emptiness. Or so we believe, of course, all of this is a kind of magic, the magic of feeling good.

As we grow, we build our own understanding of what love is. Or at least what we call love, it could be hanging around with everybody in the kindergarten in a happy daze. Being the centre of attention, simply being on your own. Hanging out with animals, talking, swimming in water and any other activity that you choose to reinforce throughout your life. The list is endless, of course as one does that the opposite list is created. This is the land you prefer not to enter, the land of non-love and unhappiness.

So to summarise we are all trained in the feel good zone or the feel bad zone. Some feel good about pushing someone else into the feel bad zone, all in all, it's similar to a battlefield or fight to be where one thinks one ought to be. So it seems, we have created these to major fields of life and it is there that we try and live out our lives.The one thing that rarely dawns on us it these zones and apparent states, are all projected and created events. Although they are easy to come by, they still are just created events. A space where we can get triggered, or a kick.

So where does that leave us all? I would go so far as to say the best we can do is find the zone where neither of those matters and live there.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Some people have successfully made work the feel good zone.

It's some kinda switch that flips. I think it's interesting. When you own your own business, it's much easier to go to work. An obligation to others is different than an obligation to yourself or your family.

I think partying is a chore. But I have 3 sons who party every day, so that's probably why.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Its interesting how you portrayed our understanding of theses fields, and I agree that it is a learned concept. Also I would add that it is guided by our emotions (arguably this understanding of our emotions might also be taught). We are all raised in a similar fashion to understand the rights and the wrongs of the world from our parents perspective. Sometimes these teachings are so deep within in us the mere sight of something will trigger one these fields bring on a wicked rage or a giddy smile.

But as our understanding of the world grows so does our understanding of the fields and the experiences within them. The feelings are more complex and maybe to some, stronger. New feelings equally wonderful and awful, taking us the highest peaks or the lowest depths. Also I believe at this stage we begin to have a hand in crafting how big or how small our fields are, how easy it is to slip between them, or even avoid them all together (try to avoid them).

I think the answer lies in the crafting stage. You are in control of what makes you, you. I fear far to many people have made the bad field to large. Forgetting what wonderful pleasures exist in this life.

That zone your searching for lies perfectly between the fields. Never still, casually drifting in both fields but never lingering too long.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Twisty roads, plenty of fuel and enough money for a drink at the end of the day works for me no matter how bad things can get.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta
I can relate to that. A good boss in small biz where he has an overlook and knows the forenames of the employees (not neccessary using it) will always want a good working climate so work actually can be fun and fulfilling while achieving more for the company than sitting in a stupid 1.5 square meter box working your ass off.

That way you do your work with pride and that´s always better than just doing it because it has to be done.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Oh brother. I mean really? Gosh, work has been around since...since....well, since the beginning of man. Now it's a feel good zone? I'm sure it's because it makes us feel good to work, contributing to our households and society as a whole.

I love my job and enjoy going to work.
edit on 29-5-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
I think you misunderstood him, if not I did.

So you are in your feel good zone. Like a fish in the water. I think that what he´s trying to convey. Not what you probably think ("safe space" etc)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: StoutBroux
I think you misunderstood him, if not I did.

So you are in your feel good zone. Like a fish in the water. I think that what he´s trying to convey. Not what you probably think ("safe space" etc)

You read me right.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
When the shoe fits the foot is forgotten!! Chuang tsu a reply to: TarzanBeta

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Interezting.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ancientthunder
When the shoe fits the foot is forgotten!! Chuang tsu a reply to: TarzanBeta