It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying the "crown" to fish and hunt...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Ive been fishing since i was a kid. Never had a license in my life. Never gonna get one. Still gonna fish.

Taxes on top of fees on top of taxes. For just regular human activities. Pretty stupid really.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Obviously I am going to agree with you.

We had this same bullcrap in the middle ages. Only nobility could hunt the land. Only nobility could own the land. We are still the same serfs from hundreds of years ago.

With property taxes, fees and taxes just to live. Now they will be in control of the water and I can't imagine air isn't on their agenda in the near future.

WHY do we put up with Government and the elites / nobles?

edit on 2017/5/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I live in Tennessee and this year I spent about $75 on a license for combo small game, fishing, and a trout stamp. In Florida I have a saltwater license $54 and a Alabama saltwater license another $50 or so.

By the years end I spend an easy $400 for fishing licenses for my wife and I, but we love it. We are 99% catch and release sportsmen. It's a lot of money but it's worth it to us, and the game stocks are improving each year. I am not going to complain to much.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Hunting and fishing rights are screwy for sure. If you own a good sized chunk of property and it has a river, lake or pond, the fishing rights are different for each. I believe in Michigan that if you have a private fishing pond then you don't need a license to fish it, in fact you can trap the fish using what would be illegal methods on public lands. How ever if you have a river or a natural lake with a shared boundary, you need a license to fish it.

No matter the size of your private property, hunting is always licensed, unless you own a wild game ranch, however, that requires a different kind of license. Wild game on your property is like having a river run through it, you own the river, but not the water. Because the animals can roam where ever they may, they are not private property, however, needing a state license implies to me that wild game is the responsibility of the state, like they own the wild game. Yet, when a wild animal damages your private property, the state won't take responsibility for that, however, they will issue a special hunting permit if wildlife is doing crop damages to your farm. Personally, if my farm was threatened by crop damage from wildlife, I'd deal with it how ever I had too, licensed or not. I believe that there are some vermin you can kill without license, but you may need a license for some varmints that are open all season.

So the hunting and fishing laws are screwy for sure, but as long as the revenue generated from sporting licenses is used to benefit wildlife as well as sportsmen (and sports-women) then I can go along with that. What I don't like is (in Michigan) how few conservation officers they have to cover such large areas

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Well I can tell the government owns the resources. They need to fix their damn boat landings, Oh and don't forget some cities charge to use their boat landings. Everywhere you go its is give me your money.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

i agree its a load of horsecrap.

Especially when its my land im hunting and fishing.

But im not averse to putting up a "treehouse" near a pile of deer corn in the back of the property, either.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

what drives me nuts is that hogs need a license. Its an "exotic game" license. They aren't classed as vermin from that standpoint (probably due to their delicious nature), despite being an enormous nuisance.

The license is cheap, and once you have it you can shoot as many as you can for a year. But it should be classed as vermin like coyotes, with a shoot on site mentality. They love our acorns and pecans, and breed like crazy.

In east texas the wild boars get huge, too. guy who works for me was showing me a pic of a 200lb board he shot last weekend. I've never seen them in west texas get much larger than 150lbs, he says they get up to 350 here in east texas due to all the food thats available.

Think about that...400lb wild hogs running in packs. And you need a license to take them out. Insane.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Think about that...400lb wild hogs running in packs. And you need a license to take them out. Insane.

Considering how dangerous a wild hog is, especially in a pack, it makes no sense whatsoever to need a license to take them out.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
a reply to: rickymouse

So does the lack of education from parents and adults from you and I who grew up fishing and hunting mean that our offspring and tutelage should suffer the "crown" in the future parents who do not teach such things?

If you eat more fish, especially fresh, it increases intellect. Fish has nootropic properties. So does that mean my father was not intelligent for teaching me ways to fend for myself and my family? My father taught me to believe only half of what I hear and three quarters of what I see, especially if it came from people who profit from us. That includes the government and medical trades. Just because a lot of people believe something is true does not mean it is true. So my father was a conspiracy theorist. I was a boy scout for many years and had the saying "be prepared" engraved into my soul by the people who went through the depression and world war two.

My father taught me to farm, to hunt, and to fish. He taught me how to trap too. Maybe the reason my IQ was so high was because I ate a lot of fish. My father taught me common sense and taught me that there is nothing we can't do if we want to do it. He also told me not to do things I may regret later and make sure to evaluate if I needed to do what I wanted to do. So I had to learn what they taught in school plus what I needed to learn from home. I did well in life, I never got rich but I have no regrets that I screwed anyone over. But from working hard, my body did take a toll.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: rickymouse
Being a person who did a lot of hunting and fishing in my life, I do agree with people having to have a hunting and fishing license. The revenues of the licenses go to improve things and create parks. I have no problem with that. As far as hunting, I believe the young now should be required to have a hunters safety course, parents do not teach their kids like they used to teach kids when I was young.

There needs to be rules, there needs to be DNR officers out there. If there wasn't, there would be people shooting ten to twenty deer a year and wasting half of it. I am a member of a gun club, have been for twenty six years now. We do need regulations, the five to seven percent of the population that would abuse the fishing and hunting would wipe out all the fish and wildlife. I have seen what a few people could do in the past,

A Licence makes legal something that would otherwise be illegal. What would have the licence be for? hunting and fishing on private lands or hunting and fishing on public lands.

When you apply for a licence you accept the status of slave and the jurisdication of the other party. I.E when you apply for a licence you are not a free man.

Hope this helps

There is a guy down the road her who shot nineteen deer one year, he has a farm and grows some grains and gets a permit from the DNR to be able to shoot any deer that eat his grains. The thing is he plants the grains to attract the deer, not to sell or use. He found a loophole in the law and he is cutting the population of deer way down.

I see people abusing the laws all the time, those deer do not just go on that guys property, they travel all over. Just because the fish are in the river that goes through your property doesn't mean that those fish only live there, they are traveling all over the creeks and they also go to other people's property. If you start netting fish, then others will not have fish.

There needs to be regulations, we do not have a right to negatively effect other people's life even if we do it on our own property. Even if someone puts up a windmill, they should have approval from their neighbors or keep it away from their homes so the noise and electromagnetics do not bother their neighbors.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Most states allow free hunting and fishing on private property, though some do not.

I do understand the need for the fees to an extent, because they are used for the preservation and upkeep of public land and ecosystems (since nobody cares about their preservation otherwise). Though, I believe there should only be fees for doing so in State and National Parks.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Being a person who did a lot of hunting and fishing in my life, I do agree with people having to have a hunting and fishing license. The revenues of the licenses go to improve things and create parks. I have no problem with that. As far as hunting, I believe the young now should be required to have a hunters safety course, parents do not teach their kids like they used to teach kids when I was young.

There needs to be rules, there needs to be DNR officers out there. If there wasn't, there would be people shooting ten to twenty deer a year and wasting half of it. I am a member of a gun club, have been for twenty six years now. We do need regulations, the five to seven percent of the population that would abuse the fishing and hunting would wipe out all the fish and wildlife. I have seen what a few people could do in the past,

A Licence makes legal something that would otherwise be illegal. What would have the licence be for? hunting and fishing on private lands or hunting and fishing on public lands.

When you apply for a licence you accept the status of slave and the jurisdication of the other party. I.E when you apply for a licence you are not a free man.

Hope this helps

There is a guy down the road her who shot nineteen deer one year, he has a farm and grows some grains and gets a permit from the DNR to be able to shoot any deer that eat his grains. The thing is he plants the grains to attract the deer, not to sell or use. He found a loophole in the law and he is cutting the population of deer way down.

I see people abusing the laws all the time, those deer do not just go on that guys property, they travel all over. Just because the fish are in the river that goes through your property doesn't mean that those fish only live there, they are traveling all over the creeks and they also go to other people's property. If you start netting fish, then others will not have fish.

There needs to be regulations, we do not have a right to negatively effect other people's life even if we do it on our own property. Even if someone puts up a windmill, they should have approval from their neighbors or keep it away from their homes so the noise and electromagnetics do not bother their neighbors.

I think discussion, negotiation and agreement are always preferable to asking the govt to solve our problems for us by making rules for us to obey and them ask them to mak us obey them.

I think thats called choosing slavery over freedom.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Hope this helps

I think discussion, negotiation and agreement are always preferable to asking the govt to solve our problems for us by making rules for us to obey and them ask them to mak us obey them.

The DNR and the Forestry service up where we live are pretty decent, but there are some that are gun ho from downstate and they come up here and think everyone is causing problems. There are only maybe a couple of dozen or so people here that push the buttons of deception and cheating. Sure, a few more fish are taken in a day than allowed, but taking a few extra is nothing to worry about anyway. There are people here who will fish out of a creek and take twenty speckies, half undersized, and wipe out the fish in a creek over the summer. They only think about how they can benefit the most. There is nothing better than cooking up a couple of brookies you caught two hours ago from a little freshwater stream. There are reasons for laws and DNR officers to enforce those laws.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I grew up in the PA area Wildlife game commission STOCKED the lakes and rivers trout- bass -muskie- walli
Every sprine oping day of trought 100s of people lined teh banks of tiny creeks wating till 8 am looking in teh water seeing 10000s of trout ( hatchery raies )
Well they never got every one after a wile there were some HUGE trout that learned how to through a hook and man was fishing fun .
Without teh money generated from the licence just how do you think they could have payed and transported all thouse fish ?
Ps they did teh same with gross doves and phyesents for the gun hunters .
Frankly They did darn good with teh few million they collected from licencing .
Its not always about taxes and a few things the Government acutely does a fair to even good job at .
FDA springs to mind most of teh time it helps . Post office as well It may be outdated now but not long agaio it was the most important thing we had and the succes rate was beyond belief .
( ps did get a letter from a uncal 10 years after he sent it once though lol

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Hope this helps

The DNR and the Forestry service up where we live are pretty decent, but there are some that are gun ho from downstate and they come up here and think everyone is causing problems. There are only maybe a couple of dozen or so people here that push the buttons of deception and cheating. Sure, a few more fish are taken in a day than allowed, but taking a few extra is nothing to worry about anyway. There are people here who will fish out of a creek and take twenty speckies, half undersized, and wipe out the fish in a creek over the summer. They only think about how they can benefit the most. There is nothing better than cooking up a couple of brookies you caught two hours ago from a little freshwater stream. There are reasons for laws and DNR officers to enforce those laws.

I understand the problem and I agree these sorts of things happen. Its the tiny minority that spoil it for everyone else but discussion, education, peer pressure along with mediation if required that will fix that problem.

Legislation is unlikley to be effective on the tiny minority. I agree they are a worrisome group and are problem every where but when legsialtion is past to deal with it, its that very same legsilation that upsets the majoirty who are prudent and respectfull of the needs of the environment and the nees of other humans and animals before the legsialtion.

Governments these days are all to willing to pass laws to regulate the behaviour of the people. They drool at the mouth when someone asks govt to protect them with legislation. Thats what false flag events are designed to do.

Be in it for the long term not the short tem. Think of it as a project to work on and lean new skills and knowlege at the same time.

bestaluck

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1MrMarc
a reply to: D8Tee

Dang, looks like they're squeezing you guys pretty good over there.

Yeah. In the usa its the same nickle n dime to death strategy. Trying to squeeze blood from a stobe. I call america the python because she kills her citizens in the same way. Slowly squeezing people to death.

As for america. Your fishing licenses arent going where the money should be. You know conservation. Restocking fish etc. Instead it goes to lavish parties thrown by the dfw (dfg) to attract special interest groups.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Hope this helps

I understand the problem and I agree these sorts of things happen. Its the tiny minority that spoil it for everyone else but discussion, education, peer pressure along with mediation if required that will fix that problem.

Legislation is unlikley to be effective on the tiny minority. I agree they are a worrisome group and are problem every where but when legsialtion is past to deal with it, its that very same legsilation that upsets the majoirty who are prudent and respectfull of the needs of the environment and the nees of other humans and animals before the legsialtion.

Governments these days are all to willing to pass laws to regulate the behaviour of the people. They drool at the mouth when someone asks govt to protect them with legislation. Thats what false flag events are designed to do.

Be in it for the long term not the short tem. Think of it as a project to work on and lean new skills and knowlege at the same time.

bestaluck

I have known a few people who abused the fishing and the hunting. How do you intend to control that minority, the less rules the more vigilent they get, the only thing that even slows down their destruction is laws and fears of getting fined. There was a nice beaver dam I used to fish at a half mile from here, full of fish with a road going up to access the pond. It was on gun club property and they allowed people to go in and fish and go hunting in that area. One day someone, not a member, broke apart the beaver dam so he could get across it to hunt. He also shot one of the beaver that lived there. He thought he was doing everyone a good thing, yeah, there used to be herons that came every year to that pond for many many years and that pond actually supplied their food. Also the deer used to drink in that pond along with rabbits and other animals.

There is now a metal gate there, nobody is allowed down there anymore. One person screwed that up. Nobody is allowed to hunt there anymore, not even club members. It has become a protected sanctuary now. I shot two deer there many years ago, members were allowed to hunt there and there was other land that a logger I knew owned there too, the club now bought that land also, so the whole dam/river system is now the clubs. I do not know if they imported more beaver to that area, that takes a permit I think from the DNR.

The worst thing is that the guy who broke the dam was bragging how he did everyone a service by doing that, his disillusion was big, he could not see he messed things up. There needs to be laws and enforcement of ecological rules. I have been a member of that club for twenty eight years, I have been a hunter and fisherman since I was young, I like to camp and walk in the woods and cook over a campfire. I know that the majority of people are not as conscious of making sure to protect nature as I am, especially with campfires and things that can start fires. The government here in Michigan kind of deregulated fireworks, people are nuts now with them, shooting big bottle rockets around pine trees when it is dry out. Our Governor was stupid about that, he could not see the other side of the coin, all he was worried about is letting people have fun without the government hastling them, the fact in that the regulation of fireworks was also done to deter fires.

If you believe people can self regulate you are mistaken, some laws and rules need to be in place. Not everyone can see that they are doing something wrong, they do not assess risk well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join