It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Farmer Calls Out Liberal Racism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

what annoyed him the most is back slapping celebrations after removing Confederate statues then would go call the police if he is making deliveries in their communities

Well, they didn't do it for him, they did it for themselves, its how they get to back slap each other.

Now, racist liberal(s) sure is the newest buzzword. It's like some democrats have suddenly decided to be racist or...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Blame Hollywood. Seriously. I watch BET and I'd say more black people are cast as bad guys any hour of the day.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousMoose
There's a couple of these videos where they ask liberal white people if certain laws are racist, another good one was the one asking if black people should receive free internet and all the white liberals say yes because the black people are poor and may not know how to get a phone on their own....sooo they think they're all stupid? The same logic is seen in this vid.

Thanks for posting the video. I've seen it before, but it gave me a chance to show it to my husband also. We both feel like the lady towards the end who asks, "Who are these people talking to???"

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Honestly I think black people actively segregate themselves often due to feelings of inferiority as expressed by this video. His assumption is that he does not belong not because someone told him he does not belong but because he feels as if he does not belong.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Most racism today isn't 'in your face' actually. It's hidden, covered, shielded from the light of day by the very people who claim to hate it. And racism grows in those places. It abhors the light of exposure.

I'm old enough to have spoken to old men in my youth who believed... honestly believed, in their heart... that black skin meant not really human. I'm old enough to remember that, even though schools were integrated, there was a self-segregation aspect to relations. I'm old enough to remember the 'black' and 'white' sections of town... and never the twain shall meet.

Those days are gone here. Just a distant memory. The Klan, once a well-known well-funded organization, is a sporadic, rag-tag handful of impotent social outcasts now. Men and women of all colors work together, laugh together, and live together, most of the time in harmony.

I have to say 'most of the time' because there is still racism here... just different racism than I grew up seeing.

Today, racists come in all colors. They look down on black folk, sometimes on themselves, by thinking that black skin means less than able. They think that black skin is like some sort of disease that makes people unable to handle life. Modern-day leprosy, if you will. Not a reason to be hated, but a reason to be shunned and pitied.

It's not. There is nothing a white man can do that a black man can't (except maybe get a bad sunburn?) just as well. No white man proved that... black folk did. Most people today, I think, agree with that. But the racists don't. The racists think every black person they see has this dreaded black disease that makes them unable to function, so they raise a ruckus about able-bodied people need special treatment, special care, special consideration. And they've raised that ruckus for so long that quite a few black folk now seem to see themselves the same way... unable to function without help.

We call these racists today 'liberals' or 'progressives.' These are not good terms, however, because there are many who identify as 'liberal' or 'progressive' who do not share these racist views, as well as many 'conservatives' that do share them. That's the danger of labels... they tend to divide, oftentimes along false lines. I prefer to call them 'closet racists' because their racism is (sort of) hidden behind claims of high ideals.

Sadly, their true message is still hidden for many... I think because most people despise racism and simply are too lazy or preoccupied to look closely at the claims themselves. It's just easier to agree that racism is bad and racists are bad and since this person seems to like black folk because they want to give black folk things, anyone they call racist must be racist.

Until they make a call that is obviously wrong.

To a crowd, that obviously wrong call is hard to spot... no one is perfect. But to an individual, it is noticeable when directed at someone known to not hold racist tendencies. If I see a guy I don't know being called a racist, I have no reason to doubt it, but if a close friend is called racist, I might have good reason to doubt the claim. That false claim likely will make me start to question the authenticity of claims in general... and in my specific case has already done so. Over time, as more and more people question claims, the power to destroy innocent lives fades... unfortunately, along with society's ability to call out the few remaining overt racists.

Closet racists know this is happening, but they are responding by increasing the very activities that caused them to lose credibility. Their followers are, as well, upping the rhetoric because they don't see the true problem yet. All they see are more fingers pointed at more people, indicative in their minds of increasing problems. Soon, we as a society will be completely divided into two camps: the true racists, and those they falsely claim to be racists. The few remaining overt racists will be free to continue their discrimination while the two sides fight it out.

A race war. A bloody, senseless, destructive exercise in abject lunacy that will have no winner, but plenty of losers.

Closet racists are racists just the same, and are every bit as dangerous and destructive as the overt racists of yesteryear.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Do you think the racist are outliers or the representative of the whole?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I think our society is inundated with closet racists who can be divided into two groups: those who use the racism to hold down minorities for the express purpose of holding power over people, and those who may believe they are fighting racism but are actually being fooled into following the lies.

The former group, I would hope, is small but powerful and will never change. The latter group is much, much larger and can only have their racist views changed by exposing the former group... and the lies.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There is all kibds of isms.

I get the same kind of treatment fron rich people and I'm white. Dirty looks because I don't have a new car and I wear Adidas.. I think wealthy people just generally look down on people.

I am not saying racism doesn't exist but how much of it is perception?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I'd say gains were made in spite of LBJ. The black community has come along way, but I believe we are no where near as far as we would have been had the social and cultural fabric of the black community not been destroyed by progressive/liberal policies.

I am curious. I am not looking for an argument, just some understanding.

I live in a rural area and it is quite diverse. I frequently have to drive into the city, and along the way I pass through an area of about a 125 mile radius. The majority of these homes range from the mega wealthy to the average Joe. On the outskirts there is a small town that is made up of primarily poor people, with the population being mainly Black. On the opposite side, in the inner city, there is a very small area that can be classified as your stereotypical ghetto.

What I am trying to understand is why when the majority of the Blacks live in standard to middle class housing, are hard working and educated citizens, does the ghetto Blacks remain the stereotypical view for Black people?

I know a lot of Black people, some of them are my relatives and friends. None of them live or have ever lived in the ghetto?
Are these places Black communities?
10 Richest Black Communities in America

I have family and friends that live in Black communities where the housekeepers make more more money than I do. And before anyone asks, yes, they are very active in programs designed to help other Blacks with upward mobility, and have been very successful in their endeavors. Of course you never hear about any of this because it isn't the kind of information they want to become common knowledge. It doesn't support their agenda.

We have to stop believing the lies and spreading the propaganda.
edit on 29-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Fixed formatting.

edit on 29-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The truth be told white Liberals are terrified of minorities and pray to God everyday that they never have to live by them

And they get upset when they think for themselves and don't follow the party when they dont vote strictly Democratic they get upset by them.

Divide and conquer is there game.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'd say gains were made in spite of LBJ. The black community has come along way, but I believe we are no where near as far as we would have been had the social and cultural fabric of the black community not been destroyed by progressive/liberal policies.

I live in a rural area and it is quite diverse. I frequently have to drive into the city, and along the way I pass through an area of about a 125 mile radius. The majority of these homes range from the mega wealthy to the average Joe. On the outskirts there is a small town that is made up of primarily poor people, with the population being mainly Black. On the opposite side, in the inner city, there is a very small area that can be classified as your stereotypical ghetto.

What I am trying to understand is why when the majority of the Blacks live in standard to middle class housing, are hard working and educated citizens, does the ghetto Blacks remain the stereotypical view for Black people?

I know a lot of Black people, some of them are my relatives and friends. None of them live or have ever lived in the ghetto?

I have family and friends that live in Black communities where the housekeepers make more more money than I do. And before anyone asks, yes, they are very active in programs designed to help other Blacks with upward mobility, and have been very successful in their endeavors. Of course you never hear about any of this because it isn't the kind of information they want to become common knowledge. It doesn't support their agenda.

Couple of reasons why, the subject is simply boring , it doesn't bleed so it doesn't lead.
Poor blacks are concentrated in urban areas mostly , easy to spot, poor whites are mostly rural and scattered easier to ignore.
Some folks think the social, economic and cultural lives of AAs are static never changing.
Some folks including black folks see only what they want to see.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Of course not all blacks live in poverty. No one claimed we did. However, the reality is that the black community is over represented when it comes to crime, teen pregnancy, out of wedlock birthrates, government assistance, and poor educational outcomes. Just because there are middle and upper class black communities does not change this fact.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Of course not all blacks live in poverty. No one claimed we did. However, the reality is that the black community is over represented when it comes to crime, teen pregnancy, out of wedlock birthrates, government assistance, and poor educational outcomes. Just because there are middle and upper class black communities does not change this fact.

Here is the thing , Edumaketed , most Black folks are not poor, but we are seen as such universally, among the most educated group in America, I am talking about those with degrees from universities are AA females. but the image being served up for consumption is that of the welfare queen with a dozen kids...however I will not stand here and tell you everything is all grits & gravy because that would be a gross lie, there are major problems in a lot of AA communities including irresponsible behavior in economics that can only be fixed from within.
I had posted on the fact that people from some of the harshest problem areas have came up with workable solutions to education and food deserts all that's needed is replication.
edit on 30-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

It's as if people only want their racism at arm's length.

White Liberals cannot be racist because they support good causes...but don't employ black professionals. For example, Google pride themselves on the equality mantra and have an overwhelmingly white male workforce (see). It's similar at Apple and the whole of Silicon Valley and also reminds me of the Oscars controversy. Very liberal sectors which are publicly against racists and appear to exercise racism. Your man Newman says they'll protest against racists without challenging racism.

There's no racism on the Right either because they've been saying so for over a year. It was just a Liberal slur lol.

Weird, huh? It's almost like racism only exists when someone's political opposite is guilty and an advantage can be taken.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Preach Kandinsky preach..let these truths be known..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join