It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One thing I like about Millennials

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I envy the way they can sleep...and sleep...and sleep! Never a minute of insomnia.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek
a reply to: toysforadults

After working with a handful of them...there's some that have a good work ethic, and work hard and try to learn as much as they can. There's others that prefer to do nothing, and get insulted when asked to do their job.

So I prefer not to put a "millenial" nametag on anyone. I prefer to judge each person by what they bring to the table, what they're willing to do, and how they do it. (at work that is.)

As with any group there is diversity. Categorically labeling tens of millions of people under 1 label and having a jaded view on an entire generation of lacking in deeper analysis in favor in enforcing an internal bias.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

if your a "older millennial" does that not make you about 17??

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It would make you around 35.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

It would make you around 35.

Your not far off.

I just find it funny that you say you are a "older millenial" which would make you 17.

as in not old enough to vote or drink

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Myself being a baby boomer, I find that I have a difficult time communicating with the millennials that work for me. Logic and hard work seems lost on them.

then your hiring skills are the problem, or your communication skills....I'm also a boomer, and there are a lot of smart, as well as hard working, "milli's" out there

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I agree with that! I know some millenials that truly have it together. They're smart, capable, innovative, and highly motivated in a different sort of way.

I think people are looking at the whole body of millenials and are stereotyping based on the group, not the individuals. We all tend to do that somewhat.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

He meant that being an "older millenial" means you are around 35.

I think you just outed yourself as one.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   
There is no need to stereotype "millennials" or any generation. Every generation has their duds. I was born in the early 80s and was taught a great work ethic. We did not have extra money growing up so I started to work around 8 yo. I would shovel snow, mow lawns, detassel corn, helped a tree cutting service... Basically anything to get what I wanted. Got my own bicycle, sports cards, food, clothing etc... I would even give to help with bills. But I lived in small mid western towns were a kid could roam freely and be safe. I carried this with me my whole life. Actually now I have the least physically active job I have ever had and it pays the most I've ever made, go figure.

I've had good and bad work experiences with all ages. Let me ask you if you are at the grocery store with 2 really long lines and you look at the cashiers, one is in their 50s and the other is their 20s which line are you choosing?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I envy the way they can sleep...and sleep...and sleep! Never a minute of insomnia.

Yeah right.

I can't sleep longer than an hour and a half at a time. I'm taking cigarette breaks in my sleep - not at work.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I see a whole lot of backslapping ignorance in this thread. I've worked for 5 different companies on my way to 32 years of age and while I was a bit lazier in my youth, chalking it up to age, rather than what generation I was born into; some of those companies had business practices that showed no respect for their employees, others did. Guess which ones I was more inclined to work harder for.

When we were young we were told we could do anything we put our minds to, change bad circumstances into good ones, now that wages have stagnated and leave grim economic prospects for the foreseeable future, we should "soldier on", "suck it up" and "shut up".

Plenty of people have already made the points I'd love to make with this post, but I won't repeat them, mostly because it's nearly 6:30 and I need to get ready for work.

But I would like to slip in some of my own "feel-good" jabs of my own.

I can't wait for all the healthcare cuts to take effect, it'll kill off the boomers quicker and then maybe some of us can get in on their jobs, because all this thread has really shown me is that boomers really are the worst generation to have ever existed.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
No hope none at all Call a generation what you will we rage against well every thing that is not us young or old .
But who do the young learn it from ?
Funny how all of this was created by mine and my parents and yet our kids are the ones we balm when it fails .
I loom at my 23 year old son a mix of things a father a worker ( who has worked 50 or more hours a week from 17 on )
A home owner who was smart enough to listen when i showed my kids just how credit works .
Who spends most of his extra money and extra time getting stoned .
Who IS NO DIFFERENT then almost every one i knew growing up and NOW You think your so special because you grew up in a day when a job meant a life time and benefits and YOUR son should what work his ass off for the same wage you made 25 years agio???
My son does work his ass of for wages I MADE 20 YEARS agaio doing work no different then i did .
Crap I dont blam the kids they SEE what you get paid THEY SEE the benefits You GOT they see no matter how hard how much they try GET pay Crap .
My generation was out getting stoned my generation was out getting layed my generation was out getting Busted ( not such a big deal then ) and drunk .
How is his any worse ?
I am 51 my father was a drunk who worked his ass off and was useless as a father. He is 77 or so .
My boss was a drunk who got off work and stayed drinking till he passed out old man old man indeeed .
OUR GENERATION has encouraged the arming of the world with weapons power enough to destroy it .
And you say the young ones are bad ??
We cheered to the fall of Russia we cheered to the million who died in our wars we back we cheered as family and children were torn apart then bitch when they run to any place safer then the places we destroyed .
No this younger generation isn't the worst my grandparents generation was and they passed it down to my parents then mine .
This generation has to deal with this cesspool we have given them . They do what they do BECAUSE we gave them every thing war famon destruction failing economy .
BUT we failed to give them HOPE .
Look around you my god the world is am mad house and they just never put on the blinders .

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
No hope none at all Call a generation what you will we rage against well every thing that is not us young or old .
But who do the young learn it from ?
Funny how all of this was created by mine and my parents and yet our kids are the ones we balm when it fails .
I loom at my 23 year old son a mix of things a father a worker ( who has worked 50 or more hours a week from 17 on )
A home owner who was smart enough to listen when i showed my kids just how credit works .
Who spends most of his extra money and extra time getting stoned .
Who IS NO DIFFERENT then almost every one i knew growing up and NOW You think your so special because you grew up in a day when a job meant a life time and benefits and YOUR son should what work his ass off for the same wage you made 25 years agio???
My son does work his ass of for wages I MADE 20 YEARS agaio doing work no different then i did .
Crap I dont blam the kids they SEE what you get paid THEY SEE the benefits You GOT they see no matter how hard how much they try GET pay Crap .
My generation was out getting stoned my generation was out getting layed my generation was out getting Busted ( not such a big deal then ) and drunk .
How is his any worse ?
I am 51 my father was a drunk who worked his ass off and was useless as a father. He is 77 or so .
My boss was a drunk who got off work and stayed drinking till he passed out old man old man indeeed .
OUR GENERATION has encouraged the arming of the world with weapons power enough to destroy it .
And you say the young ones are bad ??
We cheered to the fall of Russia we cheered to the million who died in our wars we back we cheered as family and children were torn apart then bitch when they run to any place safer then the places we destroyed .
No this younger generation isn't the worst my grandparents generation was and they passed it down to my parents then mine .
This generation has to deal with this cesspool we have given them . They do what they do BECAUSE we gave them every thing war famon destruction failing economy .
BUT we failed to give them HOPE .
Look around you my god the world is am mad house and they just never put on the blinders .

Yes sir. Exactly. This is exactly what my song is all about.

For getting it, sir!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join