It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Had “Back Channel” With State Sponsor of Terror – Media Silent

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Really? What does the OP NOT condemn with Obama?

Don't worry, creating backdoors is "normal", just accept that things haven't changed without question but also believe Trump is "different" at the same time.

The logic there is mind boggling.
edit on 5/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Really? What does the OP NOT condemn with Obama?

Don't worry, creating backdoors is "normal", just accept that things haven't changed without question but also believe Trump is "different" at the same time.

The logic there is mind boggling.

It was a simple question.. what has the OP condemned Obama for?
If you believe that both President's using back channels is the basis for calling them the same overall, then your logic is far worse than mind boggling.
edit on 28/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

WHAT?!?!? Obama went over to the Iranian Embassy and used THEIR equipment to hide messages from the Intelligence Community in order to keep them in the dark about mysterious business he had with Iran?!?!?

Oh wait. No. He didn't do that.

And he was President, so a "back channel" for diplomacy is not an unusual thing.

Also, what Jared did as a private citizen prior to Trump's inauguration is being called a "back channel" what it really was? It was "covert communications." There's a difference.

I know these differences don't seem relevant to the "But Obama!" defense of Kushner, because nothing matters anymore and Trump could burn the Constitution in front of a joint session of Congress while ranting incoherently and the GOP would give him a standing ovation at this point.

I'm pretty much at the point of existential wonderment, watching America sink into a giant swamp...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

What kind of logic is that?

Are you ok with Obama setting up a "back door" with Iran?

I think the Trump team said it best, it's "normal". Translation: continuing the status quo.

Yes I am fine with Obama setting up a back channel with Iran.
What he did with it is far more important.
I don't get too concerned with how people communicate, rather what the communication is about and what it leads to.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

WHAT?!?!? Obama went over to the Iranian Embassy and used THEIR equipment to hide messages from the Intelligence Community in order to keep them in the dark about mysterious business he had with Iran?!?!?

Oh wait. No. He didn't do that.

And he was President, so a "back channel" for diplomacy is not an unusual thing.

Also, what Jared did as a private citizen prior to Trump's inauguration is being called a "back channel" what it really was? It was "covert communications." There's a difference.

I know these differences don't seem relevant to the "But Obama!" defense of Kushner, because nothing matters anymore and Trump could burn the Constitution in front of a joint session of Congress while ranting incoherently and the GOP would give him a standing ovation at this point.

I'm pretty much at the point of existential wonderment, watching America sink into a giant swamp...

No he was not President, it was during his campaign. He was not even President-Elect.
The idea of a back channel is that it is hidden from the usual scrutiny.

As for Kushner, he already had security clearance at that time and was part of the transition team.

There is no difference in the two situations, except Obama did it even before being elected, whereas Trump did it after he had been elected.

edit on 28/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

I thought the Indonesia thing was just so that he could get into Harvard with that C- average

Actually, Barry Soetoro "Obama" really did live in Indonesia for over 5 years -- from 1967 - 1972.

You might be correct about the C- average...

And he almost certainly got into Occidental when he was 18 as a foreign student using his Indonesian passport.
edit on 28-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Newsflash - Trump did not invent the US presidency. Essentially everything he has done and will do, will be taken from a previous president's playbook.

Though, its not shocking that Trump and his admin are being nailed to the wall for things previous presidents/admins have done, because the media and establishment have it out for him/his admin.

Oh wait, we arent supposed to bring up anything that happened in the past because only Trump is president right now.

Id bet if a dem ever becomes president again, the actions of previous presidents will be referenced as justification for their current president's actions.

Its ok for "me", not ok for "you". Typical left!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

If you believe that both President's using back channels is the basis for calling them the same overall, then your logic is far worse than mind boggling.

The amount of times that I've heard the excuse that Hillary or Obama did the same thing as Trump to somehow justify his actions is worse than mind boggling. It's not like this is an isolated case, it happens all the time and adds up.
edit on 5/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

So Trump is doing the same things Obama did but with Trump it's ok and not with Obama? Y'all keep deflecting to Obama and Hillary yet neglect to notice Trump is doing what they did, people y'all seem to hate so much.

Fail. You're only proving just how similar the two are. Very ironic.

And you fail to even comprehend how different it is because of your own biases.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Isn't it interesting how every time there's LIBERAL media outrage over something that someone in the Trump Administration has "allegedly" done, you can do a quick search and find where the OBAMA administration has done the same thing, or something similar.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Isn't it interesting how every time there's LIBERAL media outrage over something that someone in the Trump Administration has "allegedly" done, you can do a quick search and find where the OBAMA administration has done the same thing, or something similar.

Yes, blatant liberal hypocrisy is very interesting and amusing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I can't find anything about this except on hard right news sites and blogs.

I fell into talking with you like this was true, but now I'm not sure I can believe the story.

Ya got me. I was misremembering something about the Iran nuclear deal and applying it to this. It was sloppy of me.

Now show me an AP article or something not right wing and I will respond. Why? Because I trust Breitbart about as far as I could throw Steve Bannon.

The rant of despair still stands.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

It was all classified at the time !

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I'm still trying to decide what's true and what's not in this day and age of 'anonymous sources but, I did find this. I have no idea if this source leans right/left or down the middle but here it is.

pjmedia.com...

It's an article written in 2014 I believe but it is referencing the 2008 campaign and sources that confirm the accusation are named (not anonymous).

During his first presidential campaign in 2008, Mr. Obama used a secret back channel to Tehran to assure the mullahs that he was a friend of the Islamic Republic, and that they would be very happy with his policies. The secret channel was Ambassador William G. Miller, who served in Iran during the shah's rule, as chief of staff for the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, and as ambassador to Ukraine. Ambassador Miller has confirmed to me his conversations with Iranian leaders during the 2008 campaign.

Bolded by me. Notice this was during the campaign, not after. During the campaign would indicate before the general election and before he was the president elect. So the story has been out there for a couple of years.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Here's a source you may like better. HuffPo

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

A lot of the coverage implies that the use of secret back channels is something new. It isn't. There have been secret talks with the leaders of the Islamic Republic ever since the Revolution of 1979, and they have continued ever since. In the case of Obama, the secret contacts began during the election campaign of 2008, when William Miller, a former diplomat and staff director of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, flew back and forth between Washington and Tehran. He was an ideal choice: an Obama loyalist, a believer in the possibility of a US-Iranian modus vivendi, and a trained diplomat, as he happily discussed his role with me a few years ago. Oddly, with all the current attention to the secret back channels, his name hasn't surfaced.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
originally posted by: Khaleesi

Thank you!

edit on 28-5-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

Why is Trump doing the same things as Obama? I thought he was different?

I don't seem to recall Obongo calling out radical Islamic terrorism during his time in office let alone utter such terms.

President Trump did on his first 10 minutes in office.

If President Trump was proven to have had discussion with Russia so what?

Obongo was cuttling up with a Muslim Islamic terrorism supporting nation.

I'd much prefer the leader of the free world being friendly with nations actively going after Islamic terrorists in stead of those supporting Islamic terrorism.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
'Back channels' are normal.

David Starkey, one of the foremost TV historians, talks about 'back stairs history' I recall.

The events that happen - perhaps more important those that don't happen - are sometimes the consequence of negotiations we don't even know about.

If any leader didn't actively seek ways to communicate with the 'enemy' outside of writing telegrams on missiles, they would be failing in their duty.

This doesn't include the 'back stairs' agendas related to regime change for profit and fun though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Looks like he used the back door on a lot of things.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

The amount of times that I've heard the excuse that Hillary or Obama did the same thing as Trump to somehow justify his actions is worse than mind boggling. It's not like this is an isolated case, it happens all the time and adds up.

No.

The greater point is the same crap all presidents have done is suddenly producing massive outrage for liberals who have no idea how things work. It's simple. If you're against back door channels, you'd have been in an uproar when Obama did the same. MSM and the left were silent. So they don't actually care about back door channels. Example two is sharing classified info with Russia. When Obama did it, the MSM and liberals were silent. Again showing they do not care about sharing classified info with Russia. They only care when Trump does it. Why?

They simply hate anything Trump does.

If Obama were to give a present to a special needs child, he'd be praised for his big heart. If Trump did the same, he's chasing a photo-op and publicity. That's how the current lefty and MSM mind thinks. Simply attack your opposition, contradictions and hypocrisy be damned.
edit on 29-5-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join