It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants To Defund Programs That Help Small Farmers Survive

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Trump wants to kill old people and starve people and beat up farmers and kill puppies and stab people in the eye and give tax cuts to people who pay taxes and not give tax cuts to people who don't pay taxes and destroy the environment and not obey the EU and build a wall and say bad things about terrorists. . . .

. . . . . gasp. . . gasp. . . . gasp. . . . .

This is it. The end times foretold by the hagfish Hillary The All Knowing.

Run. . . run for your lives!

*clutches pearls and swoons dramatically*

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Unnamed sources told me the exact same thing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Funny, that's the democratic platform for the coming midterms. They will be bussing geezers to the voting stations in droves and hammer the last nail into the GOPs coffin. Believe me....

perceptions....
edit on 28-5-2017 by olaru12 because: FF....ok

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Funny, that's the democratic platform for the coming midterms. They will be bussing geezers to the poll in droves and hammer the last nail into the GOPs coffin. Believe me....

They're going to need a lot of nails...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   
So much durm and strang over a budget that doesn't even stop spending more and doesn't actually cut.

This is what Trump's budget does:

Say you are a federal agency. You are used to getting a flat 10% increase in your baseline budget every year.

OH NO! Trump's budget proposes that instead of getting 10%, you are only going to get maybe 4% or 6 or 7% increase this year.

The press calls this a "cut." It's not. Nothing is being "cut." A true "cut" in spending would see us actually spend less from one year to the next. Instead, all that is being "cut" is the assumed budget increase.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Blasphemer!

Curse you!

CURSE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. . . .

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Better?

I am getting tired of the "nothing's being funded" threads though.

edit on 28-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It's low hanging fruit to the leftists that crap themselves when they see just a 4% increase in funding versus a 10% increase.

It's lies, lies and more lies brought by the mindless drones and Marxist loyalists.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

It'd be a lot cuter is it wasn't my wallet they were dead set on raiding to pay for it.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This is a hard lesson for those duped lower middle class people in the rust belt who were deceived and voted for Trump.

He IS NOT FOR THE POOR OR MIDDLECLASS

He is being a typical GOP politician....By as usual robbing the poor to give to the rich!

Trump releases budget hitting his own voters hardest

The president's proposal for next year's federal spending calls for more than $1 trillion in cuts to social programs, including farm aid.

www.politico.com...

Donald Trump, whose populist message and promises to help American workers propelled him to the White House, issued a budget proposal on Tuesday that instead takes aim at the social safety net on which many of his supporters rely.

Rather than breaking with Washington precedent, Trump’s spending blueprint follows established conservative orthodoxy, cutting taxes on the wealthy, boosting defense spending and taking a hatchet to programs for the poor and disabled – potentially hurting many of the rural and low-income Americans who voted him into office.

No, there are no cuts to social program spending in the budget. There are only big increases.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So much durm and strang over a budget that doesn't even stop spending more and doesn't actually cut.

This is what Trump's budget does:

Say you are a federal agency. You are used to getting a flat 10% increase in your baseline budget every year.

OH NO! Trump's budget proposes that instead of getting 10%, you are only going to get maybe 4% or 6 or 7% increase this year.

The press calls this a "cut." It's not. Nothing is being "cut." A true "cut" in spending would see us actually spend less from one year to the next. Instead, all that is being "cut" is the assumed budget increase.

Correct.. and not only that but the larger increases in the baseline were only loose estimates anyway.
The 'cuts' narrative is for idiots.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Here is a .pdf file that goes over the "Major Savings and Reforms BUDGET OF THE U. S. GOVERNMENT Fiscal Year 2018" That list any cuts and/or reductions in the proposed budget, and gives the justifactian for the proprosed cuts and/or reductions.

Can someone show me where the "The Value Added Producer Grant (VAPG) program" that HuffPo says "Trump Wants To Defund Programs That Help Small Farmers Survive" I can't find it.

Also here is the proposed budget if anybody wants to get their information "from the horses mouth" instead of depending on the words of corporate media.

Here is the White house web page that has links to budget related information.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

These small farmers who are becoming obsolete in an age of Monsanto…

Read the link

That's the problem. A small farm has four or five fields and rotate crops and livestock between them. They share resources like combine harvesters and muckspreaders.

The corporation farm has vast fields, fleets of combine harversters. Everything is automated, milking of cows, maintenance of soil acidity and salinity.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
You guys are pretty disgusting with your right-wing dogma.

You’re the Taliban of American political doctrine.

A gang of dogmatists on the forum

Your like roaches in the dark...that's when you come out

My Karma ran over your dogma
edit on 28-5-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

a reply to: nwtrucker

Well , believe it or not, republicans agree with me on this one.

They even understand that capitalism is not divine and does not come out fair all the time and the powerful can manipulate it to their own benefit.

Oh, I believe it. Fly-over land IS Republican turf, after all. It's one of those third rail issues that both parties fear to tread. Just like immigration.....

Not Trump. That's a pretty good example of why I support him.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The tissues are in the restroom.....

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: nwtrucker

I suspect 'Democrats' will be named an endangered species sooner rather than later. On a par with the Dodo bird.

The Dodo isn't endangered it's extinct. May want to learn the difference.

Quite deliberate, young man....a hint.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
More than half of the US labor force used to work in agriculture. Now less than 1% of the US labor force works in agriculture. Modernization is inevitable. Not modernization will go the way of the Middle East, war every day.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: olaru12

Funny, that's the democratic platform for the coming midterms. They will be bussing geezers to the poll in droves and hammer the last nail into the GOPs coffin. Believe me....

They're going to need a lot of nails...

First, they'll have to get out of their own coffin they've nailed shut themselves.
edit on 28/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join