It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump returns home from abroad — with a Twitter rant about fake news, leaks and ‘the enemy’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The Washington Post has a rant article about how (they think) Trump went on a wild Twitter rant.

A big reaction to all 2 of Trump's Tweets about the fake news !!

Sensational failure by the WP again.

Trump may have a point though.

The WP along with the NYTimes has been on a wild "sources said" onslaught for a while now.

All of which has never come to bear fruit for them.

They even throw in a link to an older article that cites the famous according to several aides and outside Trump allies

Trump returns home from abroad — with a Twitter rant about fake news, leaks and ‘the enemy’

President Trump returned home Saturday night to a country wondering how he would address a crisis of bad news that has only grown more dire during his nine-day tour abroad.

As the FBI continues an investigation of Trump's top associates and as he reportedly considers a White House staff shake-up, the president's attorneys have urged him to lay off his habit of aggressive and impulsive tweeting — lest it make matters even worse for him.

So what did Trump do upon returning to his embattled White House? He went on a Twitter rant, of course.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The Leaks are coming from inside the WH. If Trump can't control and lead his staff and advisers, whose fault is that?

Personal responsibility and all that.....thehill.com...

Trumps twitters are the high light of my day.
edit on 28-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Trump is right. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of the source. These rags are not delivering on that. It necessarily ruins their credibility. Hence, fake news.

+1 more 
posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   
i dont get how unnamed sources are all of a sudden a big deal...
journalists have protected sources since forever.

as someone mentioned in another thread deep throat was unnamed for decades...

just cause they dont give their name and social does not mean it is not credible.

im not saying they all are but that does not mean none of them are.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Trump is right. The public is entitled to as much information as possible to judge the reliability and motivations of the source. These rags are not delivering on that. It necessarily ruins their credibility. Hence, fake news.

of course trump is right. he is always right.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

You could say he's wrong, but that would require an argument, something I doubt you can give.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

You could say he's wrong, but that would require an argument, something I doubt you can give.

yup. i could say that

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Trumps twitters are the high light of my day.

I have to agree. Having the President engage with the American people through social media is groundbreaking and a first.

Our President makes very valid points and I wholeheartedly agree with them. Be critical about the stories you read and be watchful of "anon sources and officials". In other words, look past the spin.

I am proud of my President, legit.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Anything negative about Trump is a sensational failure.

We get it.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I have to agree. Having the President engage with the American people through social media is groundbreaking and a first.

I know!!

Whiney little crybabies make me laugh...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

be critical...yes
we should all be critical of everything

to automatically dismiss because of an unnamed source is not critical though. its foolish

lots of reasons why a source would not want to give their real information

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'm embarrassed for the media. There are people getting payed tons of cash to analyze and write about a man's tweets. And it's probably the highlight of their careers.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You mean those liberal bots on twitter? I know!! Just whine and cry with every tweet, interesting that I see the same six faces on there always throwing a fit.

Best part of it is the onslaught of Trump supporters dismantling their false reality from the propaganda induce machine that the liberal media is. Makes me proud.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I gave you a star because this is quite literally the only post I got from you that was professional and sound, considering your slant.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: TinySickTears

I gave you a star because this is quite literally the only post I got from you that was professional and sound, considering your slant.

im not professional or sound and never claimed to be
i just say what i feel

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Oh absolutely, so am I.

But uh...he did say he'll generate jobs and if analyzing his tweets like parasites gives them a wage and hours on the clock, then its a win win right?, lol they just continue to make themselves look like fools.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Politics has become the best reality show on TV.

I look forward to the daily outrage about who gets more scoops of ice cream and what "sources familiar with Comey's thinking" are saying to fuel the Russia narrative. It truly puts a smile on my face.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

be critical...yes
we should all be critical of everything

to automatically dismiss because of an unnamed source is not critical though. its foolish

lots of reasons why a source would not want to give their real information

There's also lots of reasons a source would not want to give actual real information.
People lie, and they do it for lots of reasons.
Politically motivated people will lie to themselves, convince themselves, then lie to others. Anonymously.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

There's also lots of reasons a source would not want to give actual real information.
People lie, and they do it for lots of reasons.
Politically motivated people will lie to themselves, convince themselves, then lie to others. Anonymously.

you are correct.
does not mean all unnamed sources are 'fake news'

named sources lie too

people lie

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Politics has become the best reality show on TV.

And the seated POTUS has called out the Main Stream Media on their constant stream of frikkin' lies.

I don't care if it's Trump. I'm just glad someone at the pinnacle of government called them out for what they are.

<<   2  3 >>

join