It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to hungry seniors: Drop dead

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Now if we jsut did this and only this giving out unsold slightly out of date food you COULD stop foodstamps and cut wealfair cost

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: midnightstar
It is not that easy.

There are so many rules and regulations when it comes to the distribution of food, even free food, that it makes it impossible in some areas.

In some areas it is even against the law to feed the needy in public. We have had several cases of people being arrested just for feeding the hungry.

edit on 30-5-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
The GOP will allow them just enough sustenance to get by. After all, the elderly are a reliable republican voting bloc.

If that were not the case, then the gop would be happy to let them die and rot in the street.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: Indigo5

It isn't lost on me that the only time leftists (who otherwise loathe the military) care about veterans is when they think they can gain some political advantage by exploiting them.

It is sad that your reality is dictated by political propaganda.

Less vitriol and dishonesty will serve you better in life...and I really do mean you. People like me can just ignore it and move on, folks like you have to live with yourself..Be better to yourself.

Due to a standing threat of account deletion by a mod, I will to longer respond in kind to personal attacks.

Thank you.

Believe it or not that was not a personal attack..Wishing you happiness and peace..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

It isn't lost on me that the only time leftists (who otherwise loathe the military) care about veterans is when they think they can gain some political advantage by exploiting them.

Less vitriol and dishonesty will serve you better in life...and I really do mean you. People like me can just ignore it and move on, folks like you have to live with yourself..Be better to yourself.

Due to a standing threat of account deletion by a mod, I will to longer respond in kind to personal attacks.

Thank you.

Believe it or not that was not a personal attack..Wishing you happiness and peace..

Yeah, it was a VERY personal attack.

You stated that it was "sad" (presumably to you) that [my] "reality is dictated by political propaganda."

How is that not a personal attack? You don't know me and have no idea what dictates my "reality".

You said: "Less vitriol and dishonesty will serve you better in life."

If that is not a personal attack I don't know what is. Do you commonly complement people for their "vitriol and dishonesty"?

"..[A]nd I really do mean you."

Yeah, I got that. You were replying to me.

"People like me can just ignore it and move on, folks like you have to live with yourself..."

You don't know me, so you are not qualified to make that call.

And what does "folks like you..." mean?

edit on 30-5-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: icanteven
The GOP will allow them just enough sustenance to get by. After all, the elderly are a reliable republican voting bloc.

If that were not the case, then the gop would be happy to let them die and rot in the street.

Evidence?

Please provide a reputable source to back up your claim that the GOP "would be happy to let them [veterans] die and rot in the street".

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

To do what?..pick fruit..jeez

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Thank you.

Yeah, it was a VERY personal attack.

You stated that it was "sad" (presumably to you) that [my] "reality is dictated by political propaganda."

How is that not a personal attack?

Meaning you can offer insight, opinion, facts...and you might even find posters who care to read it..which I assume you want, since you are posting here?

But this kind of stuff constantly litters your posts...It makes it impossible to take anything you say credibly..

That is not a personal attack...actually wishing you peace..

the only time leftists (who otherwise loathe the military) care about veterans is when they think they can gain some political advantage by exploiting them.

The OP's main "source" is an Alt-Left bird-cage-liner in the mold...

the usual liberal smoke-and-mirrors lie by ...

...far left CNN ...

...there is a new analysis out this morning by the brilliant Michael Patrick Leahy ("Democrats Face Long Odds of Taking the House Back in 2018": Breitbart) breaking down the 2018 mid-terms and it's a bleak scenario for leftists.

I personally find the Alt-Left tactic of lying about Republicans ..

Honestly...Your posts read like some amalgamation of Breitbart's comment section..

maybe less vitriol and more calm substance...
edit on 30-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
But Hillary eats babies can't everybody!!

HAHAHAHAHAAA

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Evidence?

Please provide a reputable source to back up your claim that the GOP "would be happy to let them [veterans] die and rot in the street".

I'm not sure why you changed the topic of my post from the elderly to veterans (which is strange, but whatever). Here's some evidence for you, that comprehends both vets and the elderly:

President Donald Trump is proposing more money for the Department of Veterans Affairs, but veterans groups and lawmakers are lining up against some of the administration’s priorities, especially cuts in payments to disabled veterans who are unable to work...

The Wall Street Journal

Also listed as an offset to the Choice program is a practice to round down cost-of-living adjustments to all veterans who receive disability compensation. The practice was standard until 2013.

Task and Purpose

The plan is laced with $3.6 trillion in cuts to domestic agencies, food stamps, Medicaid... Many of the voters who propelled Trump into the presidency last November would see significantly less from the federal government.

Fox News

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Evidence?

I'm not sure why you changed the topic of my post from the elderly to veterans (which is strange, but whatever). Here's some evidence for you, that comprehends both vets and the elderly:

President Donald Trump is proposing more money for the Department of Veterans Affairs, but veterans groups and lawmakers are lining up against some of the administration’s priorities, especially cuts in payments to disabled veterans who are unable to work...

The Wall Street Journal

Also listed as an offset to the Choice program is a practice to round down cost-of-living adjustments to all veterans who receive disability compensation. The practice was standard until 2013.

Task and Purpose

The plan is laced with $3.6 trillion in cuts to domestic agencies, food stamps, Medicaid... Many of the voters who propelled Trump into the presidency last November would see significantly less from the federal government.

Fox News

Yeah, I shouldn't have done that. Elderly veterans were singled out in one of the OP's sources so I had that on the brain.

Regardless, I stand by what I stated about this being a nothing-sandwich by the Alt-Left in an attempt to politically malign the current Administration.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So looking into it something doesn't make sense. A person unemployed who has less than 100% disability is receiving 100% disability pay due to not working right now, and this doesn't seem right to me. Also, a person past retirement age that is receiving SS and is also receiving this as part of unemployment, that doesn't seem right either since they are no longer working, or willing to work. I can't say all programs are done correctly and this seems like the case here.

They should receive disability pay equal to their disability percentage, retirement pay and SS. They would go from Tricare to Medicare at 65 while the VA still available to them. Do you think they should be receiving some form of unemployment benefits too as part of their military compensation?

edit on 30-5-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

It is not that easy.

There are so many rules and regulations when it comes to the distribution of food, even free food, that it makes it impossible in some areas.

In some areas it is even against the law to feed the needy in public. We have had several cases of people being arrested just for feeding the hungry.

There have been food services that collected leftover food from a good number of restaurants that was used in a food kitchen. Most have been shut down by health services, not that the food was bad in anyway. I guess digging in a trash bin is healthier...lol

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

edit on 30-5-2017 by MelissaLynch because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

So looking into it something doesn't make sense. A person unemployed who has less than 100% disability is receiving 100% disability pay due to not working right now, and this doesn't seem right to me. Also, a person past retirement age that is receiving SS and is also receiving this as part of unemployment, that doesn't seem right either since they are no longer working, or willing to work. I can't say all programs are done correctly and this seems like the case here.

They should receive disability pay equal to their disability percentage, retirement pay and SS. They would go from Tricare to Medicare at 65 while the VA still available to them. Do you think they should be receiving some form of unemployment benefits too as part of their military compensation?

The key word here is, UNEMPLOYABLE. In other words, their disability, whatever the rating, while not 100% by VA standards, makes them generally unemployable by the majority of unemployable people. That;s what the UI is for. To make up for the reality that even though the VA doesn't consider them 100% disabled, potential employers, for various reasons, won't give them the time of day.

I've known people who were helped via this program. People with lesser disabilities ratings still unable to work. The VA compensation system is crazy.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The key word here is, UNEMPLOYABLE. In other words, their disability, whatever the rating, while not 100% by VA standards, makes them generally unemployable by the majority of unemployable people. That;s what the UI is for. To make up for the reality that even though the VA doesn't consider them 100% disabled, potential employers, for various reasons, won't give them the time of day.

I've known people who were helped via this program. People with lesser disabilities ratings still unable to work. The VA compensation system is crazy.

If they are unemployable and below 65 they go on SS early, so they kind of double dipping. How about those over 65, should they still get the UNEMPLOYABLE 100% too?

What makes a person UNEMPLOYABLE? Extreme PTSD?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Please do point out where he is quoted saying that, as I could not find that.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Please do point out where he is quoted saying that, as I could not find that.

LMAO, you and your sensible German reasoning!

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

If someone writes about Obama or even Merkel saying that, I´d ask the same

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Haha, I know

My guess is the OP was being a little overly dramatic in the title is all.
From what others have posted it looks like federal funding of the meals service only amounts to 3% of the total national scheme anyway so the service isn't going to stop anytime soon.
I may be wrong though, it's been a long thread so far.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join