It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump to hungry seniors: Drop dead

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Actually no, the reality is the bigger that government grows the larger the welfare population grows, the two are synonymous. Now if you can figure out why the 2 entities need each other you will see where I am coming from.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Trump budget has some austerity cuts in it for welfare..

Help me out, why do the two of them need each other like you say?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
maybe we as a society are broken. we used to take care of our loved ones. when parents get old the kids would pay back what the parents had given them when they were young and feeble. the destruction of the family unit is what is to blame and if your parents or grandparents are going hungry maybe you should be making an effort to help feed them. cost of food is very cheap if your willing to take a little time and cook. hell maybe go to their house and make the meal with them im sure they would love the company and be willing to help in whatever way they can.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

There are a few but one glaringly obvious one is that people on welfare do not bite the hand that feeds them, the voter base is massive.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   
My mother is now almost 75 and stuffed with arthritis. Her fingers and toes have grown bumpy and crooked in all kinds of ways, her back is killing her, the arthritis even manifested itself up her ***hole (one of the weirdest thing's I'd ever heard). She also had cataract operations on both her eyes, which actually made her eyes worse so she can't even read a book anymore without getting dizzy. She also often loses her balance when she's upright, which makes for very nefarious situations at times...
I take care of her almost everyday, as she has nobody else anymore.

My late sister had an alcohol addiction, that ultimately led to her demise. When she was still around I lost 3 jobs because of having to go rescue her without consent of my then employer. I never even thought twice about it, my sister's life was far more important than my job, and she got herself in all kinds of precarious situations. I once almost ended up in jail saving her from a rape, long story that one.
In any case, I loved my sister so I never blamed her personally for my losses. There's other people that caused her pains, and alcohol, but we all know the bad ones rarely take the fall.

So now I'm having the hardest time getting a job, because of bad references at my previous jobs. Bad references for bolting out the door to go rescue my sister.
I'm 37, living on welfare, looking for a job every single day and all I get is either I'm too old (they have to pay less to the young, even when I tell them to give me what they would pay the young, they can't because there's official barema's on how much you get paid by age) or I'm unreliable because of my previous escapades, even when I tell them my sister is now gone.

Since I was 18 I've always worked up until these last two years. I've done my couple of years in the military, even worked for my own for a couple of years putting up roof-isolation until I got robbed, lost all of my equipment and had to file for bankruptcy.

So I love hearing about how lazy I am and how I'm leeching off of society.

My situation is only one of a million different kinds that can make you hit rock-bottom. When I was younger I believed in the lazy-people fairytail. Now I'm a bit older and have lived through some s***, I thank my lucky stars for our social programs. Without them I'd be living on the streets trying to keep my mother alive and getting in all kinds of crookedness just to survive.

I guess some of you would still prefer that over having to pay some of your taxes to keep people like me around though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Balans

I guess some of you would still prefer that over having to pay some of your taxes to keep people like me around though.

Never ever care what other people think about you, you know what is right in your heart and that is more that can be said for most people.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Balans
My mother is now almost 75 and stuffed with arthritis. Her fingers and toes have grown bumpy and crooked in all kinds of ways, her back is killing her, the arthritis even manifested itself up her ***hole (one of the weirdest thing's I'd ever heard). She also had cataract operations on both her eyes, which actually made her eyes worse so she can't even read a book anymore without getting dizzy. She also often loses her balance when she's upright, which makes for very nefarious situations at times...
I take care of her almost everyday, as she has nobody else anymore.

My late sister had an alcohol addiction, that ultimately led to her demise. When she was still around I lost 3 jobs because of having to go rescue her without consent of my then employer. I never even thought twice about it, my sister's life was far more important than my job, and she got herself in all kinds of precarious situations. I once almost ended up in jail saving her from a rape, long story that one.
In any case, I loved my sister so I never blamed her personally for my losses. There's other people that caused her pains, and alcohol, but we all know the bad ones rarely take the fall.

So now I'm having the hardest time getting a job, because of bad references at my previous jobs. Bad references for bolting out the door to go rescue my sister.
I'm 37, living on welfare, looking for a job every single day and all I get is either I'm too old (they have to pay less to the young, even when I tell them to give me what they would pay the young, they can't because there's official barema's on how much you get paid by age) or I'm unreliable because of my previous escapades, even when I tell them my sister is now gone.

Since I was 18 I've always worked up until these last two years. I've done my couple of years in the military, even worked for my own for a couple of years putting up roof-isolation until I got robbed, lost all of my equipment and had to file for bankruptcy.

So I love hearing about how lazy I am and how I'm leeching off of society.

My situation is only one of a million different kinds that can make you hit rock-bottom. When I was younger I believed in the lazy-people fairytail. Now I'm a bit older and have lived through some s***, I thank my lucky stars for our social programs. Without them I'd be living on the streets trying to keep my mother alive and getting in all kinds of crookedness just to survive.

Good luck in your job hunt.

The reality is that there are lazy people who are doing everything they can not to work and just sit back and get paid. The argument about lazy people is not black and white. Not everyone on welfare is lazy and gaming the system, and not everyone is genuinely trying to find work.

You know yourself which one you are.
edit on 29/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The government in Australia as an example pay to welfare over 100 billion dollars every year, that money goes to everyday things like food, fuel, clothes, bills etc.

Without that injection of cash how exactly would the economy keep functioning ?

source

erm, by those people having jobs and still buying the same food, fuel, clothes, bills, etc...
Just a thought.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The government in Australia as an example pay to welfare over 100 billion dollars every year, that money goes to everyday things like food, fuel, clothes, bills etc.

source

erm, by those people having jobs and still buying the same food, fuel, clothes, bills, etc...
Just a thought.

Would they though ?

The people that did not have any money to begin with spend the money on essential items, those that can easily maintain essential items spend money on luxury items.

That is a really really basic example please tell me you get this, if not well lets just say there is a reason this world is going to #.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Lol, in fact LMAO, how much are your property taxes and how much does your health insurance cost each month?
Lamest as # argument I've seen in this thread so far.

PROPERTY INSURANCE.not health insurance.

So you support paying taxes for fire and rescue services because it keeps your property insurance low.
Would you object to paying taxes that fund fire and rescue services if it had no influence on your property insurance?
Hypothetical question of course but I'm sure a person of your intelligence is able to address that.

Free meals for vulnerable old people don't lower your property insurance so I'm assuming you'd prefer the old coots just starve yeah?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

source

Just a thought.

Would they though ?

The people that did not have any money to begin with spend the money on essential items, those that can easily maintain essential items spend money on luxury items.

That is a really really basic example please tell me you get this, if not well lets just say there is a reason this world is going to #.

Essentials like toilet paper. People who have never been there just don't get it or care to.

Its so frustrating to keep hearing that same argument since the late 80's about how poor people, working people, sick people, old people, homeowners, brought down the US. But the stock market and its participants are the richest in all of recorded history. The "jobs" party, the GOP has been in charge in most states for 20 years. All the democrats had were some coastal cities and a president , and we see how useless that power is. Many lives were given to make corporations and businesses that rich, continual war, arming the warrior nations. And the low paid service jobs for those that do not directly feed the war machine and robots. Like CNA's who make sure the sick and old don't lie in their dirt, and break their backs and hips too soon for $9 an hour in Idaho.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

We have crossed swords a few times over the years but in this particular topic we are very much in agreement.
I am actually happy to pay my taxes which help fellow citizens in need.
I am happy poor/old/vulnerable people get tax funded personal care at their home.
I am happy they get free meals or a carer to cook for them.
I am happy that nobody in the UK will ever go bankrupt because they get cancer or any other life changing illness.
I am happy that taxes pay the rent of people out of work and even single homeless men receive over £10 a day in cash benefits to buy food.

I am happy to live in a caring society which offers a safety net to people who are in a mess.
It ain't perfect of course, but I couldn't imagine living in a country where people say # you, should have bought an insurance plan, not my problem.
Sounds heartless to me.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
It is only going to get worse it is happening right before our very eyes.

I hate it, although my current circumstances are comfortable I have been down and it hurts ...bad.

Compassion has been replaced with competition, even though our very existence has been forged through compassion, we are stupid and forget easily to our own detriment.
edit on 29-5-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The problem could be you are happy to do it. Some people loath happiness.

I like that you are happy to see others happy and or at least have the basics, you are a good bloke and I wish there were more like you among us.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I feel for you and wish all people in the world had a tax funded health and social care system.
The tragedy is your country could easily afford it, just trimming your defence budget would probably be enough.
Close your military bases in Europe, Russia ain't gonna invade any time soon, and even if they did perhaps the EU needs to man up and have the balls to be that 500 million people super state it wants to be.
Trump was right about one thing, the leech EU states who are not paying their 2% on their military budgets, instead clinging to the skirt tails of the US.
Trump should tell them to # off and close all bases in Europe which are not directly and strategically important to the US.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Nah, I'm a prick really, I just like living in a caring society with a safety net for people who are on their knees healthwise or financially.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

I feel for you and wish all people in the world had a tax funded health and social care system.
The tragedy is your country could easily afford it, just trimming your defence budget would probably be enough.
Close your military bases in Europe, Russia ain't gonna invade any time soon, and even if they did perhaps the EU needs to man up and have the balls to be that 500 million people super state it wants to be.
Trump was right about one thing, the leech EU states who are not paying their 2% on their military budgets, instead clinging to the skirt tails of the US.
Trump should tell them to # off and close all bases in Europe which are not directly and strategically important to the US.

California costed out what you are suggesting and it came to almost 2/3 of the entire defence budget of the US just for their state.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I do not live in the U.S, I'm in Australia and we have a pretty good system here and are lucky to have it.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

source

Just a thought.

Would they though ?

Essentials like toilet paper. People who have never been there just don't get it or care to.

Its so frustrating to keep hearing that same argument since the late 80's about how poor people, working people, sick people, old people, homeowners, brought down the US. But the stock market and its participants are the richest in all of recorded history. The "jobs" party, the GOP has been in charge in most states for 20 years. All the democrats had were some coastal cities and a president , and we see how useless that power is. Many lives were given to make corporations and businesses that rich, continual war, arming the warrior nations. And the low paid service jobs for those that do not directly feed the war machine and robots. Like CNA's who make sure the sick and old don't lie in their dirt, and break their backs and hips too soon for $9 an hour in Idaho.

Wait, so you are saying that those that have jobs don't spend on essential items?

Yeah, I can see it now, someone comes off welfare and gets a job and in their delight they buy a new car and forget to wipe their ass.

The answer is not having more people on welfare it is having more people with jobs. That should be obvious.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

California costed out what you are suggesting and it came to almost 2/3 of the entire defence budget of the US just for their state.

Maybe they should go back to the drawing book, even Thailand has universal healthcare.
Are you saying the US couldn't afford to offer it's citizens what we take for granted with some changes?
Seems like lame fiscal excuses to me.
Even Egypt has universal healthcare.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join