It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this ??? Am I that Lucky ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

After this one, I had to order one of those testing kits from Amazon. This metal detecting thing is getting a bit intense.
No clue WTF I just found. They are extremely heavy for the size, which made me think about meteorite fragments, but they didn't get attached to my magnet so I think the best thing to do is rely on ATS experts.

I had this spot in my list for couple of weeks. Too tired, too busy....., today I was finally able to comb a part of it with my metal detector. The machine suddenly went crazy and started showing high number I.D. signals between the high 70's to the mid 80's with some peaks on the 90's. The high pitch beeps were confirming what the screen was showing too.

Notice the high mineralization indicated on the screen too, it actually triggered the overload alarm. I set the pieces on top of my glove and tested them.

It was the time for a deep dig, 12 inches or more. So glad it's been rainy and the soil was soft enough, almost no roots ( I hate to cut roots). The perfect dig. I'm glad I did it.

This is the biggest piece :

Whatever is it made of, the color goes from silver metallic to light gold. I wash them just a little bit with warm water.

edit on 28-5-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Reminds me a bit of the molten metal slag that comes from welding. Could be possible someone was hand smelting metals for jewelry or some other project as well.

Very cool find!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
yep slag that is what it is seen enough in my life
Try wacking and watch it crumbile

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow
Reminds me a bit of the molten metal slag that comes from welding. Could be possible someone was hand smelting metals for jewelry or some other project as well.

Very cool find!

My 15 years old daughter says it looks like molten metal poured into an ant colony.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: midnightstar
yep slag that is what it is seen enough in my life
Try wacking and watch it crumbile

If you are right, it would be silver. That's considering the numbers displayed on the machine screen.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ancient lightning strike?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: HappyFisherman

Wow, that's thinking out of the box. I wonder if possible.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Very cool find!

My 15 years old daughter says it looks like molten metal poured into an ant colony.

Correct...

It could be sterling or a white bronze...or a mixture of white and yellow.

www.riogrande.com...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Very cool find!

Correct...

It could be sterling or a white bronze...or a mixture of white and yellow.

www.riogrande.com...

If someone did that, it had to be 100 years ago at least. Cars and people pass by all day. I have to go back, that place is loaded of signals but I didn't have enough time to dig all.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Wow, that's thinking out of the box. I wonder if possible.

Sure can, it's called Fulgurite

Fulgurites are formed when lightning melts strikes the ground, fusing and vitrifying mineral grains.

edit on 28-5-2017 by HappyFisherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: HappyFisherman

That would explain why there are so many metal detector signals there. Good clue.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

That would explain why there are so many metal detector signals there. Good clue.
You also said this too.

"Notice the high mineralization indicated on the screen too"
It would explain that also.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Silver will turn into a sort of a crystal sometimes. It can be melted down into pure silver and it does often look like slag when it forms in nature that way. But also slags formed from people melting and processing many of the metals so it could be just about anything. I actually have a chemical test kit for testing for silver, gold, and some other metals and ores that my daughter bought me for christmas one year. Ores like that where I come from are usually formed in conjunction with copper deposits. I also found some weird ores like that here that the metaldetector found, they have silver pieces in them but the silver is not corroded so it is actually a silver and gold combination I think. Like they used to find at the old gold mine here. A lot of the samples I found on my land already had the gold or silver removed, looks like someone was picking them apart long ago. There were quite a few old gold mines here in the past, within a ten mile radius there were maybe six. Someone in the past hauled some ore here and was picking out the gold, by the depth I would estimate six to seven hundred years ago or maybe more.

I actually have a piece of meteorite that looks like what you have too. I also have a piece of a sand lightning strike crystal somewhere around here too, that is something I got from my uncles collection. That doesn't look too much like what lightning would form out of sand. But I have not seen too many of those, some could be different than the ones I saw.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

You also said this too.

"Notice the high mineralization indicated on the screen too"
It would explain that also.

...In other words..., lots of fulgurites

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Interesting. Definitely I'll get the final answer by Tuesday, when my testing kit arrives. I'm learning a lot today.

I'll try go back to the same spot tomorrow, maybe more surprises are waiting to be uncovered.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
BTW if you don't mind me asking? How much was that metal detector. I was inspired by your other posts and ordered a cheap $40 MD. It works but not that good, maybe 3-4 inches at best.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Gold in quartz. Maybe some silver too.

As water rinses the quartz away it flakes then makes nuggets. Pan the soil for fine flakes!!

Actually sluice it and kick back! Money for nothing and the chicks for free!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Gold in quartz. Maybe some silver too.

As water rinses the quartz away it flakes then makes nuggets. Pan the soil for fine flakes!!

Actually sluice it and kick back! Money for nothing and the chicks for free!

Seriously ???

I will do that as soon the test kit confirms it. Awesome !

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

A magnet would confirm fools gold. If there is no magnetic attraction... you've hit pay dirt!!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

BTW if you don't mind me asking? How much was that metal detector. I was inspired by your other posts and ordered a cheap $40 MD. It works but not that good, maybe 3-4 inches at best.

The one you see in the pics is around 500 bucks, I know it's not cheap but maybe you ca have a good deal if you apply for Amazon credit card and do monthly payments. That's what I did. Very good machine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join