It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um.. there's some crazy stuff going on

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Alright, where do I begin?

I frequent this dating app called MeetMe. Maybe some of you have heard of it, maybe not. Go check it out. It's tons of fun. Anyways, all I see on there is the following: girls asking for money, girls asking for drugs, guys selling drugs and giving them money in the hopes of getting laid, trannys, guys that bang trannys, guys that bang 300lb women if they can, guys that send pics of their privates at random, girls whining about every single thing they possibly can, guys trying to put each other down to try to look good in hopes of getting laid by ugly and/or fat women, prostitutes selling themselves successfully daily, etc. Most of the women on there are lesbians. I made a fake account once with pictures of a 400lb horrible looking obese woman with a triple chin that I found on google images and made a few posts such as: "can anyone bring me Mcdonalds? I'll have sex with you" and would get 10+ messages in my inbox within minutes. It gets better. I made a few posts saying will anyone let me poop or pee on them and got similar results. Even from men out of state. The profile was obviously fake in my opinion. Is this really what we're dealing with? Girls screenshot guys saying that they want to drink their urine. I've met a COUPLE of decent women from there.

It's owned by Thomson Reuters out of New Hope, PA. They have no moderators, just an automated flagging system so you can't say certain words on the public feed unless you spell them a certain type of way.

I'm just wondering if this is really what society is like behind closed doors.

Would anyone like to explain to me what's going on? Please, I'm all ears. Are you guys like this too?
edit on 5/28/2017 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Here's what's going on....

Fools frequent those kinds of sites and post rubbish with fake accounts for fun.....just like you did.

The world is what you make it. Have fun.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

You said it's fun then you bitch about it. All kinds of people like all kinds of people and all kinds of sex. Color me shocked.

link   
a reply to: nerbot

There's plenty of fake profiles, they're obvious to spot because they have pictures of models with no description. If you message them, you'll get an automated cam girl response. This I already know. But most of these people are actually real. I kid you not. I said it's fun because I like to study just how messed up people are but it makes me wonder.

link   
A glance at some of the reviews does tend to suggest that particular app is full of catfishing, hookers, and other assorted craziness.

Sounds like it's just been taken over by the scammers.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

That's true but there's a lot of real people on there and they're the ones I'm noticing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Call me old fashioned but i still believe its safer and much more productive to meet people offline.I know there's people who been lucky and met their life partners online but in general i think its best to just meet people the old fashioned way.There's a Lot of crazy out there,online and off,so be careful whom you choose to interact with anywhere,is my advice

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

That is kind of a broad generalization after visiting a site where those types
of people congregate, isn't it?

Cheers.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
No. I'm not like that, but then, I'd never touch a site like that with a 10' pole either. Don't need to; don't want to.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Just don't go.... Just say no. Faceless people whose faces prob. aren't even there's. It's a game to them.

All kinds of metal... both pure and impure, of good or dubious quality are attracted to magnets. No real good can come from a site like this unless you know it and go into it understanding that....

MS

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

As long as you don't dig too deep into 4chan you won't be scarred for life.

There is some sick stuff on the web, and i'm not using the word sick lightly. I won't go into graphic detail but curiosity got the better of me and...nope, step away from the internet.

I'll stick to my Harley Quinn cosplayers I think.

edit on 28-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
My goodness, how naive can you be? I could guarantee you every profile on that site is false. As for you setting up a fake account it's known as trolling the troll. Slightly amusing but you become part of the scenario.
Heh, whatever floats your boat. Don't bitch about what other people are doing as long as it doesn't interfere with your life, leave them to theirs.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It shocks you that people are kinky? I don't think it's actually a commentary on today's society. All through history people have been into...er...unusual...turn ons when it comes to sex. As long as it's between 2 [ or more ] consenting adults, let'em have their fun.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So you go on dating websites and pose as a woman and offer sex? And it's everyone else that's messed up?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Mark08

I did it as a social experiment? I wanted to see how low the guys really were. I stand by my results. Not multiple dating apps, one in particular with a profile so obviously fake any guy with half of a brain should've noticed.

Anyways, I wrote a strongly worded post about how their app sucks, who they were owned by, and where they were located. Even though I probably had over 100 automated flag warnings over the past two years for speaking my mind, they apparently saw that, got scared, and banned me.

No worries. I have another account already. You can make 50 with free email accounts if you wanted to. There's probably 3 guys running the whole operation from a #hole office. They don't even know how to track an IP. I didn't know they worked on sundays. Time to be a good boy.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

You call pooping and peeing on people kinky? I call it disgusting. Why in the world would someone like that? I have my own kinks but nothing like that. Good grief. I guess I'll go poop and pee on my dogs. That's acceptable too right? Nah, PETA would get me. But wait.. people are technically animals too. I rest my case. Anyone who speaks against me on this matter is clearly in the wrong.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So the place was called meatme.com?
edit on Ram52817v19201700000033 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Lol. Yeah that about sums it up.

This thread is hilarious. Leave it up to me. *wink*

Social networking engineer at your service.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

I don't frequent the sites, but can completely agree with your observations of the dating scenes in general. I am a life long bachelor I feel, because its just too far gone to be any bit grounded anymore. The world is in over stimulation mode, and people are making it harder by not retrieving back to simple.

It's the interwebs and their influence at play. Think about it, in the 80's and 90's one had to go knock on a door of one or personally call... it may have been human connection that needed mending or more practice, but at least people were relating to each other.

As the webs spread, I purposely stayed out. And what do I witness from a 3rd party perspective? Pretty much, that people chose to cease working on their human to human connection skills while trusting a synthetic interface to somehow magically bridge the gaps of what only human emotion can apply. What I mean is, of course people are going to shove the previously valued human to human connection aside for the highway of over stimulated information to take hold.

Eventually, if one does not participate in the synthetic world, they essentially cease to exist. The masses assume that people are consumed by the webs just as they are. The information is great and all, but people are rewinding their abilities to channel other human energies. And what you see as a consequence from such decisions, are as clear as day... an interweb cattle grounds of which consumers are grazing on electronics... or maybe at best is no more than an adult day care system.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Yes, that is exactly what society is like. Who doesnt poo on each other behind closed doors?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join