It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE RUNIING OUT OF GRAVITY! a video on the failure of scientific education.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: Shamrock6

She looks like she is going to grow up to be quite pretty so the fact that she is a dumb as box of hammers won't matter. While nature takes with one hand it gives back with the other.

So if she's dumb as a box of hammers...

And you fell for her satire....

What's that say about you?

As you fell for mine, I'll put the same question back to you.

Lulz. Sure. So satire, much wow, very wit!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

I'm talking about a lack of education causing people to post stupid #, I didn't realize using flat earthers' posts didn't comply with your example.

I didn't realize that you were talking about posts. I thought you were talking about people in general and while I admit that flat earth is silly, it's no more silly than people who are ignorant of everything except who's banging who in Hollywood.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Eh...you said "social media posts" and then some stuff about their sad reality.

I said flat earther posts. Which is their sad reality.

I'd say people that push flat earth theories due to their lack of education and knowledge are a bit more serious of an issue than people who are worried about what Brad Pitt is up to.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why?

What is Brad up to?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING???????

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

It depends.

From some of the things I've seen, people who are only aware of social gossip can be every bit as ignorant education-wise as flat earthers. The ignorance simply tends to express itself in different outlets.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

Do. Not. Make. Me. Get. My. Whip.

Oh please get the whip! That's right get that whip and use it baby!

link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver
I think I've seen another one of hers where she talks about the language difference between English and American and makes out she doesn't realise that pound is a currency and a measure of weight. But your right about there probably being people stupid enough to think that.

edit on 28-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

She looks like she is going to grow up to be quite pretty so the fact that she is a dumb as box of hammers won't matter. While nature takes with one hand it gives back with the other.

You're welcome.
edit on 28-5-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Interest in pop culture is hardly indicative of intelligence. Everyone likes to be entertained.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Yes I forgot Trolling is the new fad, hell when my daughter was a "littler girl" she was too busy reading books.

Yes time have changed a lot.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I was not "crapping" on this girl, i'm merely making a social comment on education via proxy which in retrospect was not a good move.

In high school one of my class projects was to write a children's book and read it to class of young kids-it was good enough to be put in the school library. When I was nine a teacher taught us how gravity works by putting a bowling ball on a trampoline do demonstrate how gravity affects the fabric of space.

Twenty years later I am participating in citizen science and creating text adventure games and had a stint (and a possible future career in radio) because my teachers had wanted us to have a hands on approach.

"Learning is like sex, it's only enjoyable when it's fun." I came up with that in five minutes and that's because nearly twenty years ago I wrote a children's book for a genius exam and that has lead to pursue a career in the media.

When you enjoy something, you want to learn more. I started getting into meteorology after I played a weather reporter in a mock episode of the Today show. Teachers need to be more Mr. Bergstrom and less Miss Hoover and if you know The Simpsons you would know what i'm trying to say.

edit on 28-5-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

When was the last time you were in school? Either way the system is either totally different where you live or you're just making things up. As I went to a relatively nice high school. 2nd, in grades and funding, only to the private school in the area out of 6 schools total. The kids that wanted to learn had great teachers and plenty of ap courses to choose from. From talking to friends and family that went to some of the other schools they say it was the exact same.

Those that didn't care were put in remedial classes and given elementary school worksheets. I knew many people that were fully functional but just didn't want to get an education. That either flunked out or took the remedial classes. I chose the so route myself.

So can we really say it's the teachers when many students just don't care. Especially in the poor neighborhoods. Where drugs and crime are "cooler"than getting an education.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why?

What is Brad up to?

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING???????

You'll have to stay tuned and get the details tonight at 8, 7 central.

Meanwhile, allow me to introduce you to this great new product called VeganWater....

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Now that I can agree with. I can still remember the teachers I had that made class fun, in one way or another, and I can still remember which teachers made class miserable.

My own kids get home from their school day much more excited and interested in something when they've spent time doing it instead of just listening to somebody tell them about it or reading about it.

But then we get into the whole debate about teachers' unions and tenure and so on.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I am 99% sure this girl is just trolling for hits.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

You're welcome.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to save face.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How would telling something to myself save face?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Interest in pop culture is hardly indicative of intelligence. Everyone likes to be entertained.

You find pop culture entertaining? Most of it is pretty boring and derivative. Then you have people who are famous just because they are famous and for no other reason like the Kardashians.

I can count on one hand the number of pop culture things I actually pay real attention to.

And it bugs me that Geek culture has been moved into pop culture for the same reasons I listed above.
edit on 28-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Thank you all for a most entertaining thread, had a great time, you should all come by more often...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join