It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WE ARE RUNIING OUT OF GRAVITY! a video on the failure of scientific education.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Ok you need to watch this video to truly understand how a teenage girl cannot comprehend the very basics of physics. Feel free to laugh, facepalm or do both and to quote George W. Bush "is our children learning?"

Okay...either she either fell asleep through four years of school, suffered a brain injury, or is just dense. So is this a poor student or had a poor education? I don't know but the fact a teenage girl cannot comprehend the one of the fundamental laws of the universe boggles the mind. I was taught about the laws of gravity before I was ten, hell when I was fifteen I wrote a biology report on pantropy i.e the genetic engineering of humans to adapt to hostile environments, so what is happening here?

Perhaps this girl was bored because her teacher was boring. Look at Bill Nye, Brian Greene, Michio Kaku-they make science fun and easy to interpret-they are the idiots guide to science and I think we need more teachers like that-I was lucky to have those kind of teachers and it's better than staring at a blackboard or reading a textbook, a child's mind and body are racing so a more physically interactive curriculum may help.

However making long division more enjoyable is impossible. Any thoughts before we run out of gravity?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

What, is she like twelve?

I'm like a 1000 and I can't make a YouTube and upload it...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You think what's going on science is a crime? Look at what's going on in terms of basic literacy and ability to write.

IMO, literacy is the foundation upon which good education rests. There are ways around this for those who have difficulty with reading (legitimate difficulty), but for most of us, our ability to learn depends on our ability to absorb and that is locked into our ability to read.

When most kids aren't really taught how to do that ... what hope is there for learning of most other kinds?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Science cat gives up. There is no hope.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

To get an idea of the current state of science education, google bill Nye's "sex junk" video

Kids not falling for the cult of scientism (I repeat, SCIENTISM...not SCIENCE) is a very good thing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Okay...either she either fell asleep through four years of school, suffered a brain injury, or is just dense. So is this a poor student or had a poor education? I don't know but the fact a teenage girl cannot comprehend the one of the fundamental laws of the universe boggles the mind. I was taught about the laws of gravity before I was ten, hell when I was fifteen I wrote a biology report on pantropy i.e the genetic engineering of humans to adapt to hostile environments, so what is happening here?

Or it's a satire channel.

Yea, it's that one.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It might be, but I've seen some social media posts that don't put it too far off some people's sad reality.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

We've all seen flat earther posts.

The entire OP is holding this video up as an example of a) (mostly) how stupid this girl "must be" and b) (one or two sentences worth of) how big a failure the education system is that produces people like this.

While I certainly don't think the education system is perfect, holding up a video to mock the person in it for their lack of intelligence when it's satirical content that sailed right over the OP's head is kind of a fail, I'd say.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Some people don't care about how the universe works.. i bet if you asked her the specifications of the latest iphone or what Kim kardashian had fr breakfast she will probably know that..
Just because stuff that interests you doesn't interest her.. we subject her to abuse.

She lives in a controlled society and is maybe one of the sheep.. and if she is just dense then let's not attack her personally for that.
Don't let it bother your life.. just move along and watch your next video on quantum physics.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The entire OP is holding this video up as an example of a) (mostly) how stupid this girl "must be" and b) (one or two sentences worth of) how big a failure the education system is that produces people like this.

I don't know, she seems smart enough to be able to troll you all and half of youtube ... lol

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tellurian

I don't know, she seems smart enough to be able to troll you all and half of youtube ... lol

Troll me?

Guess you missed that part where I said it's a satire channel.

Congrats. You just trolled yourself. Probably shoulda read my entire comment instead of selectively editing it. If you had, you woulda seen the part where (for a second time) that it's satire.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

We've all seen flat earther posts.

While I certainly don't think the education system is perfect, holding up a video to mock the person in it for their lack of intelligence when it's satirical content that sailed right over the OP's head is kind of a fail, I'd say.

Or perhaps i'm using the matador technique and dangle the red flag in front of the bull to get an antagonistic response.

I'm not like my aunt, she fixes minds, I like to screw with them, sorry about that.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Probably shoulda read my entire comment

You right, I didn't read it, why read an entire thread thats based upon a hoax youtube video..

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I'm not talking about flat earther.

I'm talking about people who don't know basic geography or science or much of anything else except maybe what Kim Kardashian was wearing last week. A typical flat earther likely wouldn't know that either.
edit on 28-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"By the year 2025, we will run out of gravity unless we institute Global Gravity Credits now."
-Al Gore, author of the book, "Gravity Made Me Fat"

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Ah yes.....those people and yes, they do walk among us. I see stupid self-absorbed idiots, they are everywhere.

The problem with science as taught in schools today is that the teachers themselves, for the most part dont get it. And the bigger problem is that school dollars and resources are disproportionaly spent on the bottom third of the class. You neglect talent, you get mediocrity.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"Gravity was the single most contributing factor in why I lost the election."
-Hillary Clinton, author of the book, "I Still Can't Blame Myself"

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Education is a liberal plot.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
"Gravity was the single most contributing factor in why I lost the election."
-Hillary Clinton, author of the book, "I Still Can't Blame Myself"

Well, duh, like this video says ... there just isn't enough of it to elect her.

Clearly, someone else just sucked the gravity right out of the ballot boxes or something.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Education is a liberal plot.

If it is, why are liberals so, erm, unable to actually think?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join