It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Hijack Threats on Two Jets in NYC, Believed to be Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
There reportedly were threats of a hijacking made on two Delta jets in New York City. The planes landed at JFK airport and were held in a secure location away from the airport with all passengers on board. After investigation, officials determined that the threats were "erroneous." The flights involved were Delta 119 from Paris and Delta 81 from Amsterdam.

www.msnbc.msn.com
Two incoming Delta flights declared in-flight emergencies.

A senior government official tells NBC Flight 119 from Amsterdam received phoned-in hijack threat and was being taken to an isolated location at JFK, being met by Port Authority Police, using the same procedures as hijacking.

Flight 81, coming from Paris, has also landed, after a phoned-in hijack threat.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Hijack threats were called in on both flights. One call was made to the TSA and the other to a US Embassy.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm watching this on CNN right now... a lot of speculation going on...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The flight numbers in the MSNBC report are wrong, Delta flight 81 is from Amsterdam I've taken it many times myself.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Plenty of speculation on Fox also.
One thing I notice, that is just SCREAMING at me, is the flight number of the Delta flight, 119. Does anyone else think that it makes for a nice hoax since 119 is 911 or 9-11 backwards?

I'm putting my money on hoax, not even the situation as we have seen in the past of passengers on the watch list.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Whoa phreak, you deserve a Way Above vote for that!!!

You have voted phreak_of_nature for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

[edit on 2/4/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Phreak - INTERESTING. 911. hmmmm ....
I'm just glad that everyone is okay (so far).
Wonder what else will happen today.
Is Feb 4 or 5 any day of significance to the
terrorists? I heard on the news that they
like to 'do' anniversaries and the such ...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Oh wonderful, this means that President Bush can implement his mandatory deep cavity search of all passengers of aircraft.....and I fly in one week.

Gotta go to my happy place and grip the wall

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks djohnsto77!

I'm hoping this doesn't mess with the screening at airport, I mean more then the already are. I am flying in about 2 weeks also.

Sounds like all the passengers are safe, and the cockpits secured. But of course they are.

Their will be people missing flights because of this though.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GTWill
Oh wonderful, this means that President Bush can implement his mandatory deep cavity search of all passengers of aircraft.....and I fly in one week.

:lol
o I foresee some law sues here and some dirty minded people in the deep search line.

I tell you we should watch this one very close to see how the all these terror agenda that started on 9/11 is going to play on us the people of this country.

I have not seen anything yet on the news and I am watching.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Obviously a government distraction. i wonder whats really going on.

Hijack threats? How silly can you get..wonder if the call originated from Washington DC

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Just think, you can go through the pre-flight screening and knock out your annual colonoscopy all at the same time.

Peace

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Why would they want to look inside your mouth?
(:lol

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think some people have twisted healthy skepticism into insanity.

[edit on 2/4/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   

GT, as someone who is flying soon I would think you'd appreciate extra security for your sake as well as those flying with you. I fly fairly frequently now for work, and damn near every time I go I get asked to take my shoes off etc. Is it a hassle for me to empty out everything in my pockets and take off my shoes? Maybe. But I'm happy to see it and happy to do it. Airline security prior to 9/11 was pathetic. "BZZZZZZZZZ" "It's my lighter, sorry" "Oh yeah? No problem enjoy your flight."

I prefer getting on a plane knowing that everyone has been checked out. 36,000 feet is hardly the place to take risks in my opinion.

Poltically speaking, you must understand, if Bush advocates higher security he will be bombarded with complaints from privacy groups. If he does not advocate higher security he will be bombarded with complaints saying "the administration does not take security seriously enough." What to do?

[edit on 2-4-2005 by Djarums]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The phone call probably came from Oval Office, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. DC...lol

Look to see what goes by on the CNN, Fox News tickers that doesn't get much attention compared to this situation.

link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Just think, you can go through the pre-flight screening and knock out your annual colonoscopy all at the same time.

Peace

Haha, that is a good one! Want a free exam? Pretend to be a terrorist.

link   
It's not insanity how about some suicide bomber ingesting the explosive and using it latter on.

I think that can happened.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Fake threats and diversions are Al Qaeda MO. Remember that before the Madrid bombings there were near weekly threats that European 747s would be hijacked for 9/11 style attacks on the East Coast.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It could be some diversionary threat from a terrorist or simply a "hit" on a watch list. But it is not a threat called in from the White House!!!

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
FOX is reporting that it was an entirely erroneous report, perhaps called in from some disgruntled government employee.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join