It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent button on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
There seems like times where a popular thread is developing yet I miss out on it.

I click recent threads quite often yet I'll not see a thread until it has over a page of responses?

Is there an algorythym that picks just certain forums to display recent threads from?

Whats the best way to see recent threads from all forums?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee
I make my home on the "Recent posts" page, which is what you get on the current Recent button
Any currently popular thread will necessarily be spending a lot of time near the top of that.
I don't see how that can fail.

PS Don't forget that there are two Recent Posts pages, one [Offtopic] for the less conspiratorial topics.

edit on 28-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Like this one for instance, it just pops up now under my 'recent' button?

It has 35 flags and was made hours ago..

How could I have missed it when I've been clicking recent multiple times in the last two hours?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The lifetime of that one equates with the time I've been asleep in bed, so I can't comment on that example.
I suggest, though, that your eye was running quickly down the page and just failed to spot it, when that thread was not the very top item.
Or, just possibly, it was posted in a forum on the Offtopic side and then got transferred.
As I said, keeping to the Recent Posts page usually works.

edit on 28-5-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
P.S. If there is any particular forum that interests you, make it one of your "favourites", which will make the five most recent threads show up under your "myATS" button.
You will find a heart-shaped "favourite" button at the top of any thread in that forum.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My iPad does the same...

Am I second rate, maybe....ok

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
You're reading too much into this, as I explained in another thread not as popular as it should be, appearing in the "recent posts".

Recent posts are exactly what they are.... The most recent posts go to the top. When a thread doesn't gain attention, and often times much needed attention, it gets pushed to the bottom.

ATS users determine the outcome of "recent posts". Even if it's the best topic seen in ages, if no-one replies, it gets put into the dust bin of obscurity. That's just how it works. Many times, great threads are overlooked. They aren't "bumped
by users, therefore, forgotten forever.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I just use the 'New' page and get all of the new threads.

'Recent' is the popularity contest.

P

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Thanks for everyones help, appreciate it! Why can't we star people in the Board Business section?? Mods??

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

ATS users determine the outcome of "recent posts". Even if it's the best topic seen in ages, if no-one replies, it gets put into the dust bin of obscurity. That's just how it works. Many times, great threads are overlooked. They aren't "bumped
by users, therefore, forgotten forever.

There it is.

Note to users: If you want to restart an older thread, make replies on it on it during peak hours, giving rise to it on the recent page. Loosely referred to as "Bumping" or "jumpstarting", older threads can get rekindled by this with more replies from posters you reply to, etc.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

NEW FORUM instead of RECENT...up to the minute hour by hour 24/hrs a day around the clock. All threads started and currently in discussion...bounce around from there!

Almost every forum heading topic in there..
edit on 28-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

new topics

top topics

join