It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about President Pence?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
In all blunt honesty, I'd rather have Pence in the OO. In looking at the big picture, I highly doubt he'd be repeatedly shooting himself in the foot diplomatically with foreign relations the way Trump does shooting off his mouth. This is an arena we can't afford (in many ways) to become bottom-barrel in, and yet we're in that steady slide.

I'll gamble on the pay-off of Pence. It might stagnate things here domestically, but we need someone a little more even-keeled out there on the global front.
edit on 5/28/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: EternalShadow

I always assumed Trump picked a stiff like Pence because everybody is afraid to have such a "Christian first, American second" type of person in the whitehouse, he knew we'd be terrified to impeach him.

I think it will work.

Ahhh yes, the typical, preconceived conservative candidate that the "World of Warcraft" crowd despises.

What the hell does that even mean?! I work with enough "wow" players to know its orcs vs the empire. Which is which in your analogy?

I'm a GTA girl myself so you'll have to enlighten me. Nerd.

Name calling speaks to your maturity...

HOWEVER, I was referring to conservatism and its preconceived association to christianity. I used the "World of Warcraft crowd" as an illustration towards atheism because there is NOTHING christian about that game as it applies to biblical theology.

TF does a video game have to do with this hypothetical POTUS Pence? Just
already.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Wow. If it doesn't come with a list of ingredients I guess some folks just don't get it..

Believe me....I didn't create this topic to defend anything.

I think that out of familiarity, most would stick with Trump.

Say tomorrow, Pence takes the helm. Okay, but most know very little about his platform other than presuming Trump is Pence and vice versa.

The office of VP is very vague to most Americans.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: EternalShadow

A Pence Administration would be more conservative. You'll NEVER hear him say, "I'll just work with the Democrats, if Republicans can't get their act together."

The MSM would miss Trump and the ratings (aka "revenue") he brings.

Even Boring Hillary would be a more exciting President than Pence, because she'd pass out, have coughing fits, and stay in bed for days at a time.

LOL...good one! However, I was looking for more "meat on the bone" in regards to a Pence presidency.

Meat on the bone: After 3 years as Governor of Indiana, he had lowered the tax rate, and increased the number of job openings to the point where people in Illinois sold their houses and moved across the state line (to Indiana) to live and work. Those whom I have spoken with, are glad they did.

Pence was a failure as Governor so bad in fact that the Republican that replaced him set about undoing everything that idiot did as Governor. People have been moving from Ill to Indiana long before Pence became Governor and that's just what Indiana needs more idiots that can't drive stealing our jobs.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
In all blunt honesty, I'd rather have Pence in the OO. In looking at the big picture, I highly doubt he'd be repeatedly shooting himself in the foot diplomatically with foreign relations the way Trump does shooting off his mouth. This is an arena we can't afford (in many ways) to become bottom-barrel in, and yet we're in that steady slide.

I'll gamble on the pay-off of Pence. It might stagnate things here domestically, but we need someone a little more even-keeled out there on the global front.

I'm 50/50 on that. A part of me thinks Trump might say the hell with it and start nationalizing the things that should be nationalized (energy, health care, etc). But the OTHER part of me says he won't.

But... Pence? He's going to push for all kinds of weird stuff. Like electrocuting gay folks into being straight and what-not. Slippery slope from there (next he'll be electrocuting pedophile sheep, if you follow conservative logic).

Honestly... I'm not sure what would be best. Pence would be a nice change just because he's not belligerently sober all the time. But Trump might yet give into his narcissism and start leaning liberal again.

I've never seen a more confusing man with so much power.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
It has always been about Pence because hes a clone from the future.

I hope you were there for that thread. Ha.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join