It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka, Chelsea, or Meghan. Who will be the first FemPOTUS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As the title suggests, I am looking down the road at the biggest names in younger female presidental potentials. Each having pros and cons.

Each one will be requested to answer for the sins of their father, but I really don't think that will hold much weight overall. So, which would you suggest has the likely edge on who could actually take it. Not asking which one would be the best, but just who could possibly sway the public into voting for them.

Ivanka Trump

Meghan Mccain

Chelsea Clinton

Personally, I think Meghan..might take a possible edge over the other two given there is less tarnish from any potential former presidents. I like Ivanka, but there will be a lot of distress about the whole neoptism thing and perhaps backlash of anything that goes on with the T presidency. Chelsea...I literally know nothing about outside of she got married...but some say she could be "it". I wonder if moms failures will taint her chances.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
At the risk of starting a Pocahontas circle jerk...What about Elizabeth Warren? There's Tulsi Gabbard too.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How about Tulsi Gabbard?

Combat vet. Hails from Hawaii.
I haven't done all my homework on her, but so far I like her ideas on separation of church and state.

The previous 3 that you list, SaturnFX, would not me be one of my choices. I find there are plenty more women out their who don't need their family name to get into poli-ticks.

If we do see a Madame President in the future, I'd prefer to have no history behind their crest. Especially Clinton.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

ABC

Anyone But Chelsea

I do like Tulsi
edit on 5 27 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Hopefully none of them.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'd like to vote now please.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Don't forget Michelle, Malia, and Sasha Obama. I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if either of them was the first female US President, though Michelle's repeatedly said she doesn't want it. Barack was elected and reelected with much better votes than Bill & Trump (and McCain couldn't even win the presidency), so it seems likely that the Obamas are far more popular than the others.

Elizabeth Warren also has a decent chance in 2020, though she's also repeatedly said she prefers to stay in the Senate. She has a fairly rabid following on the Left, with many progressives "settling" for Bernie only after she said she wouldn't run in 2016. Take that for what it's worth.

Nobody on the Left really talks about Chelsea except when she makes a direct or indirect attack against Bernie. Meghan McCain seems to flip flop on issues too much for the public to really accept her. And I have my doubts that Ivanka would even take the job since it would require her to give up much of her current business power. Then again, a lot of people would probably vote for her just based on her looks and fashion mogul status, so there's always that.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
At the risk of starting a Pocahontas circle jerk...What about Elizabeth Warren? There's Tulsi Gabbard too.

Don't forget that Tulsi's been pissing off the Democratic base since Trump got elected. She was even rumored to be one of his considered Cabinet appointees back then. I don't have a problem with her personally, but I don't even think she'd make it out of the Democratic primaries. Then again, people have short memories so the Left may come to love her by 2020. You never know.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Don't forget that Tulsi's been pissing off the Democratic base since Trump got elected. She was even rumored to be one of his considered Cabinet appointees back then. I don't have a problem with her personally, but I don't even think she'd make it out of the Democratic primaries. Then again, people have short memories so the Left may come to love her by 2020. You never know.

I like a lot of her positions but she is a war hawk and borderline anti-Muslim.
edit on 5/27/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Ivanka will never make it.... No sane person will NEVER F-Word EVER hand her a Security clearance again, especially after hubby will be spending his days in the new TRUMP Inn (formerly known as "Gitmo"), enjoying the special water gymnastics twice-a-day......

It will most likely be someone "unknown" at this moment in time............

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
How about someone not connected to anyone currently political?

So that rules out anyone with a last name like McCain, Trump, Obama, Clinton, etc.

Democrats are too crazy right now with Fauzcahontas at their head for Warren to get much traction. That party needs an enema and some fresh faces first.

I am guessing it will be someone we aren't even thinking of regardless of party affiliation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I feel confident that it won't be a Republican. After this Trump debacle, it will take the GOP a generation to regain any credibility. Maybe never...

It's time for a 3rd party!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I like a lot of her positions but she is a war hawk and borderline anti-Muslim.

Unfortunately, I attribute that to her time spent in the Iraq War. A lot of my friends and former friends from high school served in Afghanistan and/or Iraq, and few came back the same. I had to cut contact with some of them because they'd keep bragging about the Muslims they'd killed in extreme details. To call them "anti-Muslim" would be an understatement.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

You forgot Baron Trump.

After his gender reassignment surgery, of course.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I get that. It's a deal breaker though.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Didn't Obama already have that honour?

dailycaller.com...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Don't forget Michelle, Malia, and Sasha Obama.

I want to. I really really want to.

There is no way Michelle will be POTUS so soon after Hillary bombed, and the girls need to be 35 before they can try. Have they even shown an inkling of interest in politics?

Elizabeth Warren also has a decent chance in 2020, though she's also repeatedly said she prefers to stay in the Senate.

She's also a complete loon with the same economic ignorance as Bernie.

Nobody on the Left really talks about Chelsea except when she makes a direct or indirect attack against Bernie.

Have you been missing all the circle-jerks about her book?

Meghan McCain seems to flip flop on issues too much for the public to really accept her. And I have my doubts that Ivanka would even take the job since it would require her to give up much of her current business power. Then again, a lot of people would probably vote for her just based on her looks and fashion mogul status, so there's always that.

MM won't get it either, people are tired of political family dynasties. I could see some interest in Ivanka since the Trumps are new to government, but all we'll need to see is the veins of progressivism she tries to hide and that interest will go down the drain too.

Right now I'm looking at Nikki Haley, Susana Martinez, and Mary Fallin. Three popular female GOP governors. Nikki is my current favorite assuming she can navigate the UN and Trump administration.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I guess it would all depend on their views on taxes, freedoms, Bill of Rights, the Constitution, immigration, foreign policy.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Being as how American politics has turned into a circus...I nominate this gal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join