It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former CIA Director shared classified information with the Russians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The cat was let loose the other day when former CIA Director John Brennan told Congress that he actually shared classified information with the Russians !

Brennan was CIA head under Obama.

The "shares" were supposedly about "Terrorism"

Massive insanity.

Good then (Obama), bad now (Trump) ?

Brennan: As Head of The CIA, I Regularly Shared Classified Information With The Russians

Speaking in front of the House Intelligence Committee Tuesday, former CIA Director John Brennan said he regularly shared classified information with the Russians during his time at the intelligence agency.

"I shared classified information with the Russians while I was director of the CIA. The CIA on routine basis shares classified information with Russians on terrorism matters. It doesn't mean it becomes unclassified, it means that it maintains the classification but is releasable to Russia or other partners so that in itself is not unprecedented," Brennan said.

The comments come after a week of criticism over President Trump's alleged sharing of classified information about ISIS with the Russian foreign minister and ambassador during a recent meeting at the White House. According to the Washington Post, the President shared the intelligence without permission or vetting from the intelligence community. Brennan backed up that assertion "if press reports are true."

edit on May-27-2017 by xuenchen because: blinds

+18 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Darn it, there you go again with the named sources. Just can't control yourself?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

While I don't usually like to play politics, I think this is the lefts way for "justifying" their God awful run last cycle. The door was blown wife open on their corruption, so this is their way of keeping people's mind of that.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It's all falling apart on the left, like a house of cards.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think the difference would be in a controlled manner versus a blurted out attempt to sit at the grown up table.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

It's all falling apart on the left, like a house of cards.

Quiet Zone: Democrats Working..

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It´s a normal thing, but like everything else related to politics, the hypocrisy is strong.

Especially when it comes to Trump. Last week, I heard on a German Radio station, how Trump replaced judges and got compared to Hitler!!!

When in reality, he´s not the first president of the USA to do this. Hypocrisy, it´s overwhelming, yet it floats their boat.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
They will be like this kid, but grown ups will embrace the ineviteable moment when it collapses -you can´t prevent it anyways- but enjoy.

Does that sound strange?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hahaha seeing you guys squirm makes my day. Oh by the way where are your sources for "blurring out" classified info?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

You guys sure have no shortage on propensity to exaggerate.

Obama talked about sharing terror intelligence with Russia. This isn't even a revelation.

What we people overly prone to histrionics are talking about with Trump is that allegedly it was stuff that shouldn't have been shared with the Russians... and we acknowledge allegedly.

Now give me my tissues back, bully.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

....allegedly....

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: avgguy

You guys sure have no shortage on propensity to exaggerate.

Obama talked about sharing terror intelligence with Russia. This isn't even a revelation.

What we people overly prone to histrionics are talking about with Trump is that allegedly it was stuff that shouldn't have been shared with the Russians... and we acknowledge allegedly.

Now give me my tissues back, bully.

I think the point he was making is that the 'blurting out' statement you made is not really something we know. The fact is that Trumps relationship with Isreal, the country he allegedly destroyed relationships with according to the media, is much much better than Obama's ever was. There is no issue at all here, it was just sharing of intelligence with Russia that will help them stop terrorism, exactly what Brennan admitted was routine.

Probably more importantly there is no daily story about Brennan's statements, yet ANY meeting with a Russian by the Trump administration is being used to drive some sort of collusion narrative.

If you don't find that strange then I'd suggest your reactions vary according to who the person is that did something rather than what they did.

edit on 27/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

It's like I have to say things 100x before it penetrates the skull.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That´s why I repeated the most important part in your post: hearsay.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Omfg...

Really, am I not typing clearly?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Unnecessarily, I emphasized it twice in my post.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Omfg...

Really, am I not typing clearly?

Yes you are Kali. I just don't think your statement below was a fair assessment:

I think the difference would be in a controlled manner versus a blurted out attempt to sit at the grown up table.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Oh sorry I didn't realize my opinion had to meet your requirement of fair. That is allegedly what happened.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
^---- And that´s why we can´t have nice discussions.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
At some point people have to start realizing that this is all just a political bread and circus show to keep people going back and forth and to cause as much cognitive dissonance as possible between the two parties.

They're throwing the bait out and people keep taking it.
edit on 5/27/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join